The true accomplishment of Awakening The Nightmare

For those of you who DO, NOT, KNOW!

AWAKENING THE NIGHTMARE IS THE FIRST!

Yeah, I said it.

FIRST!

FIRST EVER, Campaign expansion to a Halo game, EVER OFFICIALLY released as a campaign expansion.

Now can I get around of applause for the people behind Halo Wars 2. While I might not like the game all too much this is something I’ve wanted since CE.

The first ever Halo campaign expansion everybody, and this is it. It only took 17 years but it happened, it finally happened. We can only hope there’s more of these in the future for Halo Wars 2 and whatever 343i throws out.

Call me a stickler, but I believe the season pass missions are going to release before ATN, which makes them the first campaign DLCs no?

I am more wondering if “first” implies there is going to be more than one? :slight_smile:

> 2533274803587475;3:
> I am more wondering if “first” implies there is going to be more than one? :slight_smile:

There has to be more.

What about Spartan Ops? A co-op campaign is still a campaign.

Well Halo 4 had Spartan Ops, Also Operation SpearBreaker is releasing first so even if you don’t count SOps Wouldn’t that be first?

Halo 3: ODST was originally supposed to be an expansion to Halo 3. However, Bungie decided to try and turn it into a full spin-off game; how successful they were at making the campaign a “full” game is debatable, but it can be said that ODST went beyond the label of “expansion”. You did not need Halo 3 to play ODST; it was a separate title, not an expansion. Kind of like Far Cry Blood Dragon.

Halo 4 had Spartan Ops, which directly continued the story of Halo 4 within the very game. It may have had an episodic release, but in the end I think Spartan Ops absolutely qualified as an expansion, and therefore takes the so called “first” spot you are reserving for ATN. Just because it was free doesn’t mean much.

On a final note: ATN isn’t out yet. The planned 2 campaign missions for Halo Wars 2 could very well release before ATN, which would push ATN even farther away from the position of “first expansion in the Halo franchise”. And even though those 2 planned campaign missions are included in the season pass, they still have cost associated with them, so if they come out first they will end up being the first “paid” expansion to a Halo game’s story.

Tl;dr - ATN is not first. It probably won’t even be second.

The Monitor got you there

> 2533274817408735;7:
> Halo 3: ODST was originally supposed to be an expansion to Halo 3. However, Bungie decided to try and turn it into a full spin-off game; how successful they were at making the campaign a “full” game is debatable, but it can be said that ODST went beyond the label of “expansion”. You did not need Halo 3 to play ODST; it was a separate title, not an expansion. Kind of like Far Cry Blood Dragon.
>
> Halo 4 had Spartan Ops, which directly continued the story of Halo 4 within the very game. It may have had an episodic release, but in the end I think Spartan Ops absolutely qualified as an expansion, and therefore takes the so called “first” spot you are reserving for ATN. Just because it was free doesn’t mean much.
>
> On a final note: ATN isn’t out yet. The planned 2 campaign missions for Halo Wars 2 could very well release before ATN, which would push ATN even farther away from the position of “first expansion in the Halo franchise”. And even though those 2 planned campaign missions are included in the season pass, they still have cost associated with them, so if they come out first they will end up being the first “paid” expansion to a Halo game’s story.
>
> Tl;dr - ATN is not first. It probably won’t even be second.

Check the OP, I said it’s the first ever officially released campaign expansion for a Halo title and not much else. Spartan Sops didn’t have anything to do with the campaign, it as made clear by how it wasn’t attached to the campaign. It was just story told through multiplayer affect sort ofl ike what assassin’s creed does, that isn’t an expansion to the main story, merely a story that took place where the campaign did. It also, as I said in the OP was never released as expansion.

While ODST started off as an expansion it was never officially released as a Halo 3 expansion but a separate game.

While it is possible for the otehr content to be released before ATN it’s highly unlike that a later DLC would be announced first then what is meant to precede it. You don’t announce the third movie before you announce the sequel.

I doubt anyone pulling the strings would do something so stupid. Not to mention release full story driven content so close to each other without one even being announced at a massive expo or even hinted at.

> 2535451797638626;1:
> For those of you who DO, NOT, KNOW!
>
> AWAKENING THE NIGHTMARE IS THE FIRST!
>
> Yeah, I said it.
>
> FIRST!
>
> FIRST EVER, Campaign expansion to a Halo game, EVER OFFICIALLY released as a campaign expansion.
>
> Now can I get around of applause for the people behind Halo Wars 2. While I might not like the game all too much this is something I’ve wanted since CE.
>
> The first ever Halo campaign expansion everybody, and this is it. It only took 17 years but it happened, it finally happened. We can only hope there’s more of these in the future for Halo Wars 2 and whatever 343i throws out.

There are in fact 2 campaign expansions coming to Halo Wars 2.

So Halo Wars 2, 2 Campaign DLCs, 2 Leaders dropped this month…

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

> 2535451797638626;9:
> > 2533274817408735;7:
> > Halo 3: ODST was originally supposed to be an expansion to Halo 3. However, Bungie decided to try and turn it into a full spin-off game; how successful they were at making the campaign a “full” game is debatable, but it can be said that ODST went beyond the label of “expansion”. You did not need Halo 3 to play ODST; it was a separate title, not an expansion. Kind of like Far Cry Blood Dragon.
> >
> > Halo 4 had Spartan Ops, which directly continued the story of Halo 4 within the very game. It may have had an episodic release, but in the end I think Spartan Ops absolutely qualified as an expansion, and therefore takes the so called “first” spot you are reserving for ATN. Just because it was free doesn’t mean much.
> >
> > On a final note: ATN isn’t out yet. The planned 2 campaign missions for Halo Wars 2 could very well release before ATN, which would push ATN even farther away from the position of “first expansion in the Halo franchise”. And even though those 2 planned campaign missions are included in the season pass, they still have cost associated with them, so if they come out first they will end up being the first “paid” expansion to a Halo game’s story.
> >
> > Tl;dr - ATN is not first. It probably won’t even be second.
>
> Check the OP, I said it’s the first ever officially released campaign expansion for a Halo title and not much else. Spartan Sops didn’t have anything to do with the campaign, it as made clear by how it wasn’t attached to the campaign. It was just story told through multiplayer affect sort ofl ike what assassin’s creed does, that isn’t an expansion to the main story, merely a story that took place where the campaign did. It also, as I said in the OP was never released as expansion.
>
> While ODST started off as an expansion it was never officially released as a Halo 3 expansion but a separate game.
>
> While it is possible for the otehr content to be released before ATN it’s highly unlike that a later DLC would be announced first then what is meant to precede it. You don’t announce the third movie before you announce the sequel.
>
> I doubt anyone pulling the strings would do something so stupid. Not to mention release full story driven content so close to each other without one even being announced at a massive expo or even hinted at.

Actually, Spartan Ops expanded the story of Halo 4 in the same way ATN will expand the story of Halo Wars 2. ATN will not detail the continued struggle of the Spirit of Fire against the Banished. From what we’ve seen, it will detail the Banished and their encounter with Flood remnants on the Ark, which has nothing to do with the main campaign of Halo Wars 2. All the events of Spartan Ops took place after the events of Halo 4, just like ATN takes place immediately after Halo Wars 2. Just like Spartan Ops, ATN will focus on different characters as the protagonists, but the setting and everything we see will be familiar. The only thing that ATN has going for it differently is the label “expansion”, which is commonly tied to RTS games as opposed to FPS games. But Spartan Ops was very much an expansion, even without the label.

> 2535451797638626;9:
> While it is possible for the otehr content to be released before ATN it’s highly unlike that a later DLC would be announced first then what is meant to precede it. You don’t announce the third movie before you announce the sequel.

Being that Storm Breaker is part of the Season Pass DLC - a 6 month season pass - I would expect it to come out before the AtN DLC which is not part of the Season Pass and is not coming out until sometime this fall; after 6 months.

> 2533274817408735;11:
> > 2535451797638626;9:
> > > 2533274817408735;7:
> > > Halo 3: ODST was originally supposed to be an expansion to Halo 3. However, Bungie decided to try and turn it into a full spin-off game; how successful they were at making the campaign a “full” game is debatable, but it can be said that ODST went beyond the label of “expansion”. You did not need Halo 3 to play ODST; it was a separate title, not an expansion. Kind of like Far Cry Blood Dragon.
> > >
> > > Halo 4 had Spartan Ops, which directly continued the story of Halo 4 within the very game. It may have had an episodic release, but in the end I think Spartan Ops absolutely qualified as an expansion, and therefore takes the so called “first” spot you are reserving for ATN. Just because it was free doesn’t mean much.
> > >
> > > On a final note: ATN isn’t out yet. The planned 2 campaign missions for Halo Wars 2 could very well release before ATN, which would push ATN even farther away from the position of “first expansion in the Halo franchise”. And even though those 2 planned campaign missions are included in the season pass, they still have cost associated with them, so if they come out first they will end up being the first “paid” expansion to a Halo game’s story.
> > >
> > > Tl;dr - ATN is not first. It probably won’t even be second.
> >
> > Check the OP, I said it’s the first ever officially released campaign expansion for a Halo title and not much else. Spartan Sops didn’t have anything to do with the campaign, it as made clear by how it wasn’t attached to the campaign. It was just story told through multiplayer affect sort ofl ike what assassin’s creed does, that isn’t an expansion to the main story, merely a story that took place where the campaign did. It also, as I said in the OP was never released as expansion.
> >
> > While ODST started off as an expansion it was never officially released as a Halo 3 expansion but a separate game.
> >
> > While it is possible for the otehr content to be released before ATN it’s highly unlike that a later DLC would be announced first then what is meant to precede it. You don’t announce the third movie before you announce the sequel.
> >
> > I doubt anyone pulling the strings would do something so stupid. Not to mention release full story driven content so close to each other without one even being announced at a massive expo or even hinted at.
>
> Actually, Spartan Ops expanded the story of Halo 4 in the same way ATN will expand the story of Halo Wars 2. ATN will not detail the continued struggle of the Spirit of Fire against the Banished. From what we’ve seen, it will detail the Banished and their encounter with Flood remnants on the Ark, which has nothing to do with the main campaign of Halo Wars 2. All the events of Spartan Ops took place after the events of Halo 4, just like ATN takes place immediately after Halo Wars 2. Just like Spartan Ops, ATN will focus on different characters as the protagonists, but the setting and everything we see will be familiar. The only thing that ATN has going for it differently is the label “expansion”, which is commonly tied to RTS games as opposed to FPS games. But Spartan Ops was very much an expansion, even without the label.

Exactly my point.

ATN is the FIRST, yeah I said it FIRST!

EVER!

OFFICIAL!

HALO CAMPAIGN EXPANSION!!!

Sops can be said to be an expansion but it ins’t, again which is why I said ATN is the FIRST! EVER! OFFICIAL HALO EXPANSION!

FOUR MORE YEARS!

The only thing I got wrong in my OP was I put 17 years when I meant 16. I apologize to you, my kin, I’ve failed on that remark. I left it unchanged because I deserve to be punished for such a failure.

> 2533274809541057;12:
> > 2535451797638626;9:
> > While it is possible for the otehr content to be released before ATN it’s highly unlike that a later DLC would be announced first then what is meant to precede it. You don’t announce the third movie before you announce the sequel.
>
> Being that Storm Breaker is part of the Season Pass DLC - a 6 month season pass - I would expect it to come out before the AtN DLC which is not part of the Season Pass and is not coming out until sometime this fall; after 6 months.

If It does then I’ll merely make another thread with the same hype and change a few words here and there.

Either way, we’ll still get the,

FIRST!

EVER!

OFFICIAL!

HALO CAMPAIGN EXPANSION!

> 2535451797638626;13:
> > 2533274817408735;11:
> > > 2535451797638626;9:
> > > > 2533274817408735;7:
> > > > Halo 3: ODST was originally supposed to be an expansion to Halo 3. However, Bungie decided to try and turn it into a full spin-off game; how successful they were at making the campaign a “full” game is debatable, but it can be said that ODST went beyond the label of “expansion”. You did not need Halo 3 to play ODST; it was a separate title, not an expansion. Kind of like Far Cry Blood Dragon.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 4 had Spartan Ops, which directly continued the story of Halo 4 within the very game. It may have had an episodic release, but in the end I think Spartan Ops absolutely qualified as an expansion, and therefore takes the so called “first” spot you are reserving for ATN. Just because it was free doesn’t mean much.
> > > >
> > > > On a final note: ATN isn’t out yet. The planned 2 campaign missions for Halo Wars 2 could very well release before ATN, which would push ATN even farther away from the position of “first expansion in the Halo franchise”. And even though those 2 planned campaign missions are included in the season pass, they still have cost associated with them, so if they come out first they will end up being the first “paid” expansion to a Halo game’s story.
> > > >
> > > > Tl;dr - ATN is not first. It probably won’t even be second.
> > >
> > > Check the OP, I said it’s the first ever officially released campaign expansion for a Halo title and not much else. Spartan Sops didn’t have anything to do with the campaign, it as made clear by how it wasn’t attached to the campaign. It was just story told through multiplayer affect sort ofl ike what assassin’s creed does, that isn’t an expansion to the main story, merely a story that took place where the campaign did. It also, as I said in the OP was never released as expansion.
> > >
> > > While ODST started off as an expansion it was never officially released as a Halo 3 expansion but a separate game.
> > >
> > > While it is possible for the otehr content to be released before ATN it’s highly unlike that a later DLC would be announced first then what is meant to precede it. You don’t announce the third movie before you announce the sequel.
> > >
> > > I doubt anyone pulling the strings would do something so stupid. Not to mention release full story driven content so close to each other without one even being announced at a massive expo or even hinted at.
> >
> > Actually, Spartan Ops expanded the story of Halo 4 in the same way ATN will expand the story of Halo Wars 2. ATN will not detail the continued struggle of the Spirit of Fire against the Banished. From what we’ve seen, it will detail the Banished and their encounter with Flood remnants on the Ark, which has nothing to do with the main campaign of Halo Wars 2. All the events of Spartan Ops took place after the events of Halo 4, just like ATN takes place immediately after Halo Wars 2. Just like Spartan Ops, ATN will focus on different characters as the protagonists, but the setting and everything we see will be familiar. The only thing that ATN has going for it differently is the label “expansion”, which is commonly tied to RTS games as opposed to FPS games. But Spartan Ops was very much an expansion, even without the label.
>
> Exactly my point.
>
> ATN is the FIRST, yeah I said it FIRST!
>
> EVER!
>
> OFFICIAL!
>
> HALO CAMPAIGN EXPANSION!!!
>
> Sops can be said to be an expansion but it ins’t, again which is why I said ATN is the FIRST! EVER! OFFICIAL HALO EXPANSION!
>
> FOUR MORE YEARS!
>
> The only thing I got wrong in my OP was I put 17 years when I meant 16. I apologize to you, my kin, I’ve failed on that remark. I left it unchanged because I deserve to be punished for such a failure.

Please tell me how SOPS isn’t an expansion. Does it not expand the game? Does it not add new levels?

> 2533274792014876;15:
> > 2535451797638626;13:
> > > 2533274817408735;11:
> > > > 2535451797638626;9:
> > > > > 2533274817408735;7:
> > > > > Halo 3: ODST was originally supposed to be an expansion to Halo 3. However, Bungie decided to try and turn it into a full spin-off game; how successful they were at making the campaign a “full” game is debatable, but it can be said that ODST went beyond the label of “expansion”. You did not need Halo 3 to play ODST; it was a separate title, not an expansion. Kind of like Far Cry Blood Dragon.
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 4 had Spartan Ops, which directly continued the story of Halo 4 within the very game. It may have had an episodic release, but in the end I think Spartan Ops absolutely qualified as an expansion, and therefore takes the so called “first” spot you are reserving for ATN. Just because it was free doesn’t mean much.
> > > > >
> > > > > On a final note: ATN isn’t out yet. The planned 2 campaign missions for Halo Wars 2 could very well release before ATN, which would push ATN even farther away from the position of “first expansion in the Halo franchise”. And even though those 2 planned campaign missions are included in the season pass, they still have cost associated with them, so if they come out first they will end up being the first “paid” expansion to a Halo game’s story.
> > > > >
> > > > > Tl;dr - ATN is not first. It probably won’t even be second.
> > > >
> > > > Check the OP, I said it’s the first ever officially released campaign expansion for a Halo title and not much else. Spartan Sops didn’t have anything to do with the campaign, it as made clear by how it wasn’t attached to the campaign. It was just story told through multiplayer affect sort ofl ike what assassin’s creed does, that isn’t an expansion to the main story, merely a story that took place where the campaign did. It also, as I said in the OP was never released as expansion.
> > > >
> > > > While ODST started off as an expansion it was never officially released as a Halo 3 expansion but a separate game.
> > > >
> > > > While it is possible for the otehr content to be released before ATN it’s highly unlike that a later DLC would be announced first then what is meant to precede it. You don’t announce the third movie before you announce the sequel.
> > > >
> > > > I doubt anyone pulling the strings would do something so stupid. Not to mention release full story driven content so close to each other without one even being announced at a massive expo or even hinted at.
> > >
> > > Actually, Spartan Ops expanded the story of Halo 4 in the same way ATN will expand the story of Halo Wars 2. ATN will not detail the continued struggle of the Spirit of Fire against the Banished. From what we’ve seen, it will detail the Banished and their encounter with Flood remnants on the Ark, which has nothing to do with the main campaign of Halo Wars 2. All the events of Spartan Ops took place after the events of Halo 4, just like ATN takes place immediately after Halo Wars 2. Just like Spartan Ops, ATN will focus on different characters as the protagonists, but the setting and everything we see will be familiar. The only thing that ATN has going for it differently is the label “expansion”, which is commonly tied to RTS games as opposed to FPS games. But Spartan Ops was very much an expansion, even without the label.
> >
> > Exactly my point.
> >
> > ATN is the FIRST, yeah I said it FIRST!
> >
> > EVER!
> >
> > OFFICIAL!
> >
> > HALO CAMPAIGN EXPANSION!!!
> >
> > Sops can be said to be an expansion but it ins’t, again which is why I said ATN is the FIRST! EVER! OFFICIAL HALO EXPANSION!
> >
> > FOUR MORE YEARS!
> >
> > The only thing I got wrong in my OP was I put 17 years when I meant 16. I apologize to you, my kin, I’ve failed on that remark. I left it unchanged because I deserve to be punished for such a failure.
>
> Please tell me how SOPS isn’t an expansion. Does it not expand the game? Does it not add new levels?

Low quality bait here kin. Just as easy as it is thought up it is easily broken down.

We are talking about the video game terms of something that expands it not the general term of an expansion. Even then this particular topic is about campaign expansions. So even if you say Sops is an expansion it doesn’t expand the campaign of the game it merely offers a second story beside the campaign. If it were to expand anything it’d be the Wargames AKA multiplayer, not the campaign which is what this post is focusing on.

> 2535451797638626;16:
> > 2533274792014876;15:
> > > 2535451797638626;13:
> > > > 2533274817408735;11:
> > > > > 2535451797638626;9:
> > > > > > 2533274817408735;7:
> > > > > > Halo 3: ODST was originally supposed to be an expansion to Halo 3. However, Bungie decided to try and turn it into a full spin-off game; how successful they were at making the campaign a “full” game is debatable, but it can be said that ODST went beyond the label of “expansion”. You did not need Halo 3 to play ODST; it was a separate title, not an expansion. Kind of like Far Cry Blood Dragon.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Halo 4 had Spartan Ops, which directly continued the story of Halo 4 within the very game. It may have had an episodic release, but in the end I think Spartan Ops absolutely qualified as an expansion, and therefore takes the so called “first” spot you are reserving for ATN. Just because it was free doesn’t mean much.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > On a final note: ATN isn’t out yet. The planned 2 campaign missions for Halo Wars 2 could very well release before ATN, which would push ATN even farther away from the position of “first expansion in the Halo franchise”. And even though those 2 planned campaign missions are included in the season pass, they still have cost associated with them, so if they come out first they will end up being the first “paid” expansion to a Halo game’s story.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Tl;dr - ATN is not first. It probably won’t even be second.
> > > > >
> > > > > Check the OP, I said it’s the first ever officially released campaign expansion for a Halo title and not much else. Spartan Sops didn’t have anything to do with the campaign, it as made clear by how it wasn’t attached to the campaign. It was just story told through multiplayer affect sort ofl ike what assassin’s creed does, that isn’t an expansion to the main story, merely a story that took place where the campaign did. It also, as I said in the OP was never released as expansion.
> > > > >
> > > > > While ODST started off as an expansion it was never officially released as a Halo 3 expansion but a separate game.
> > > > >
> > > > > While it is possible for the otehr content to be released before ATN it’s highly unlike that a later DLC would be announced first then what is meant to precede it. You don’t announce the third movie before you announce the sequel.
> > > > >
> > > > > I doubt anyone pulling the strings would do something so stupid. Not to mention release full story driven content so close to each other without one even being announced at a massive expo or even hinted at.
> > > >
> > > > Actually, Spartan Ops expanded the story of Halo 4 in the same way ATN will expand the story of Halo Wars 2. ATN will not detail the continued struggle of the Spirit of Fire against the Banished. From what we’ve seen, it will detail the Banished and their encounter with Flood remnants on the Ark, which has nothing to do with the main campaign of Halo Wars 2. All the events of Spartan Ops took place after the events of Halo 4, just like ATN takes place immediately after Halo Wars 2. Just like Spartan Ops, ATN will focus on different characters as the protagonists, but the setting and everything we see will be familiar. The only thing that ATN has going for it differently is the label “expansion”, which is commonly tied to RTS games as opposed to FPS games. But Spartan Ops was very much an expansion, even without the label.
> > >
> > > Exactly my point.
> > >
> > > ATN is the FIRST, yeah I said it FIRST!
> > >
> > > EVER!
> > >
> > > OFFICIAL!
> > >
> > > HALO CAMPAIGN EXPANSION!!!
> > >
> > > Sops can be said to be an expansion but it ins’t, again which is why I said ATN is the FIRST! EVER! OFFICIAL HALO EXPANSION!
> > >
> > > FOUR MORE YEARS!
> > >
> > > The only thing I got wrong in my OP was I put 17 years when I meant 16. I apologize to you, my kin, I’ve failed on that remark. I left it unchanged because I deserve to be punished for such a failure.
> >
> > Please tell me how SOPS isn’t an expansion. Does it not expand the game? Does it not add new levels?
>
> Low quality bait here kin. Just as easy as it is thought up it is easily broken down.
>
> We are talking about the video game terms of something that expands it not the general term of an expansion. Even then this particular topic is about campaign expansions. So even if you say Sops is an expansion it doesn’t expand the campaign of the game it merely offers a second story beside the campaign. If it were to expand anything it’d be the Wargames AKA multiplayer, not the campaign which is what this post is focusing on.

So, the campaign expansion SOPS that is a non-banished expansion to the campaign isn’t an expansion though it clearly expands the UNSC story that was a part of the original campaign. BUT the banished campaign expansion which is an entirely new expansion is the one that’s classified as an expansion.

I wish I could understand that logic. Not trying to bait - just don’t understand how something that is an expansion is being deemed not an expansion because people don’t want to pay money for it.

Spartan Assault’s Operation F: Hydra says ‘Hi!’

> 2535451797638626;16:
> > 2533274792014876;15:
> > > 2535451797638626;13:
> > > > 2533274817408735;11:
> > > > > 2535451797638626;9:
> > > > > > 2533274817408735;7:
> > > > > > Halo 3: ODST was originally supposed to be an expansion to Halo 3. However, Bungie decided to try and turn it into a full spin-off game; how successful they were at making the campaign a “full” game is debatable, but it can be said that ODST went beyond the label of “expansion”. You did not need Halo 3 to play ODST; it was a separate title, not an expansion. Kind of like Far Cry Blood Dragon.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Halo 4 had Spartan Ops, which directly continued the story of Halo 4 within the very game. It may have had an episodic release, but in the end I think Spartan Ops absolutely qualified as an expansion, and therefore takes the so called “first” spot you are reserving for ATN. Just because it was free doesn’t mean much.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > On a final note: ATN isn’t out yet. The planned 2 campaign missions for Halo Wars 2 could very well release before ATN, which would push ATN even farther away from the position of “first expansion in the Halo franchise”. And even though those 2 planned campaign missions are included in the season pass, they still have cost associated with them, so if they come out first they will end up being the first “paid” expansion to a Halo game’s story.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Tl;dr - ATN is not first. It probably won’t even be second.
> > > > >
> > > > > Check the OP, I said it’s the first ever officially released campaign expansion for a Halo title and not much else. Spartan Sops didn’t have anything to do with the campaign, it as made clear by how it wasn’t attached to the campaign. It was just story told through multiplayer affect sort ofl ike what assassin’s creed does, that isn’t an expansion to the main story, merely a story that took place where the campaign did. It also, as I said in the OP was never released as expansion.
> > > > >
> > > > > While ODST started off as an expansion it was never officially released as a Halo 3 expansion but a separate game.
> > > > >
> > > > > While it is possible for the otehr content to be released before ATN it’s highly unlike that a later DLC would be announced first then what is meant to precede it. You don’t announce the third movie before you announce the sequel.
> > > > >
> > > > > I doubt anyone pulling the strings would do something so stupid. Not to mention release full story driven content so close to each other without one even being announced at a massive expo or even hinted at.
> > > >
> > > > Actually, Spartan Ops expanded the story of Halo 4 in the same way ATN will expand the story of Halo Wars 2. ATN will not detail the continued struggle of the Spirit of Fire against the Banished. From what we’ve seen, it will detail the Banished and their encounter with Flood remnants on the Ark, which has nothing to do with the main campaign of Halo Wars 2. All the events of Spartan Ops took place after the events of Halo 4, just like ATN takes place immediately after Halo Wars 2. Just like Spartan Ops, ATN will focus on different characters as the protagonists, but the setting and everything we see will be familiar. The only thing that ATN has going for it differently is the label “expansion”, which is commonly tied to RTS games as opposed to FPS games. But Spartan Ops was very much an expansion, even without the label.
> > >
> > > Exactly my point.
> > >
> > > ATN is the FIRST, yeah I said it FIRST!
> > >
> > > EVER!
> > >
> > > OFFICIAL!
> > >
> > > HALO CAMPAIGN EXPANSION!!!
> > >
> > > Sops can be said to be an expansion but it ins’t, again which is why I said ATN is the FIRST! EVER! OFFICIAL HALO EXPANSION!
> > >
> > > FOUR MORE YEARS!
> > >
> > > The only thing I got wrong in my OP was I put 17 years when I meant 16. I apologize to you, my kin, I’ve failed on that remark. I left it unchanged because I deserve to be punished for such a failure.
> >
> > Please tell me how SOPS isn’t an expansion. Does it not expand the game? Does it not add new levels?
>
> Low quality bait here kin. Just as easy as it is thought up it is easily broken down.
>
> We are talking about the video game terms of something that expands it not the general term of an expansion. Even then this particular topic is about campaign expansions. So even if you say Sops is an expansion it doesn’t expand the campaign of the game it merely offers a second story beside the campaign. If it were to expand anything it’d be the Wargames AKA multiplayer, not the campaign which is what this post is focusing on.

SOPS didn’t expand the campaign? It bridged the events from Halo 4 into 5 lol. The very first mission of Halo 5 was literally going after the SOPS antagonist. It had nothing whatsoever to do with Wargames. Did you even play it?

> 2717573882290912;2:
> Call me a stickler, but I believe the season pass missions are going to release before ATN, which makes them the first campaign DLCs no?

Well technically, wouldn’t Spartan ops be there first story expansion?