The trailer is *just symbolic (Read)

See trailer 2 for yourself. I’m thinking that the trailers ar more of a symbolism than an ACTUAL representation of what will happen. The giant Chief statue that Says “Duty above all” must be for symbolic purposes. Seriously guys, this is NOT an indication of alternate endings or anything. I doubt that there is really a statue of master chief that says “duty above all” is magically the only thing left standing in a bombed out city. This trailer represents two Spartans with two missions, and when they collide, one of them is going to punish the other.

My mind is completely -Yoinked!-.

This isn’t symbolic. This is two sides to a story that will be revealed in Halo 5 Guardians.

And Chief got wrecked in the first trailer. Is there a point to your thread? These trailers are meant to show that neither is the absolute truth and the real truth is somewhere in between.

> 2533274877056440;3:
> This isn’t symbolic. This is two sides to a story that will be revealed in Halo 5 Guardians.

It is pretty freakin symbolic. I doubt that there is magically a statue of Master Chief that says “duty above all” as the only standing thing in a bombed out city. Chief and Locke couldn’t have booth been heavily damaged by the same statue, while the other guy is about to try and kill them. This is supposed to represent that both of their missions will eventually collide into conflict.

> 2533274884104399;4:
> And Chief got wrecked in the first trailer. Is there a point to your thread? These trailers are meant to show that neither is the absolute truth and the real truth is somewhere in between.

I knew I could count on you guys. I clearly said that it’s symbolic -_-

> 2533274882999606;5:
> > 2533274877056440;3:
> > This isn’t symbolic. This is two sides to a story that will be revealed in Halo 5 Guardians.
>
>
> It is pretty freakin symbolic. I doubt that there is magically a statue of Master Chief that says “duty above all” as the only standing thing in a bombed out city. Chief and Locke couldn’t have booth been heavily damaged by the same statue, while the other guy is about to try and kill them. This is supposed to represent that both of their missions will eventually collide into conflict.

I agree. I believe they are being played against each other by ONI. Lies fabricated, and everyone pays the price

Probably, I don’t see them making alternate stories, would mess the lore up. That or one chief is a clone, and that is far fetched. Probably symbolic. Live action trailers usually don’t link up directly with the game, look at halo 4’s.

> 2533274882999606;5:
> > 2533274877056440;3:
> > This isn’t symbolic. This is two sides to a story that will be revealed in Halo 5 Guardians.
>
>
> It is pretty freakin symbolic. I doubt that there is magically a statue of Master Chief that says “duty above all” as the only standing thing in a bombed out city. Chief and Locke couldn’t have booth been heavily damaged by the same statue, while the other guy is about to try and kill them. This is supposed to represent that both of their missions will eventually collide into conflict.

I’m telling you its both sides, we will find out who is actually laying underneath the Master Chief statue.

> 2533274898131165;8:
> Probably, I don’t see them making alternate stories, would mess the lore up. That or one chief is a clone, and that is far fetched. Probably symbolic. Live action trailers usually don’t link up directly with the game, look at halo 4’s.

Exactly. This is supposed to represent each Spartans gripes with each other, and foreshadow a pretty serious conflict.

It’s going to be interesting no matter what. I’m sure we’ll get more little tidbits between now and 10/27/15. I think we’ll definately see something at E3.

> 2533274877056440;9:
> > 2533274882999606;5:
> > > 2533274877056440;3:
> > > This isn’t symbolic. This is two sides to a story that will be revealed in Halo 5 Guardians.
> >
> >
> >
> > It is pretty freakin symbolic. I doubt that there is magically a statue of Master Chief that says “duty above all” as the only standing thing in a bombed out city. Chief and Locke couldn’t have booth been heavily damaged by the same statue, while the other guy is about to try and kill them. This is supposed to represent that both of their missions will eventually collide into conflict.
>
>
> I’m telling you its both sides, we will find out who is actually laying underneath the Master Chief statue.

Nah, I’m leaning towards symbolic as well. I definitely think there will be a nasty confrontation between the two (which is awesome), but I don’t think it’ll go down EXACTLY like that.

> 2533274793465443;11:
> It’s going to be interesting no matter what. I’m sure we’ll get more little tidbits between now and 10/27/15. I think we’ll definately see something at E3.

Yeah, and I hope that COD 2015 doesn’t steal any of Halo 5’s thunder. Halo’s production value is on another level.

Maybe it’s multiple campaigns like in the Sonic Adventure games. One where you play as MC and the other is Locke and the Arbiter, and when you beat both campaigns it unlocks a secret final campaign that ties everything together…

> 2533274888034788;14:
> Maybe it’s multiple campaigns like in the Sonic Adventure games. One where you play as MC and the other is Locke and the Arbiter, and when you beat both campaigns it unlocks a secret final campaign that ties everything together…

No, I honestly doubt that. Halo’s lore is set in a way that doesn’t have alternate stories. Halo’s story line is moving forward, not in a fork in a road.

Yeah the symbolism was pretty evident, since each trailer was a near reskin of the other. Two titans colliding. An unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. The trailers don’t reveal anything as far as who wins/loses in a real sense.

Halo 5 hype train: I hate it, but I love it!

> 2533274888034788;14:
> Maybe it’s multiple campaigns like in the Sonic Adventure games. One where you play as MC and the other is Locke and the Arbiter, and when you beat both campaigns it unlocks a secret final campaign that ties everything together…

That would be legit. Command and Conquer did this too with their Tiberium universe.

Now that I can collect mt thoughts I agree it is indeed symbolic. I think both trailers represents the lies and manipulation each have been sold to by ONI.

> 2535440144668599;16:
> Yeah the symbolism was pretty evident, since each trailer was a near reskin of the other. Two titans colliding. An unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. The trailers don’t reveal anything as far as who wins/loses in a real sense.
>
> Halo 5 hype train: I hate it, but I love it!

Excellent description!

> 2533274882999606;15:
> > 2533274888034788;14:
> > Maybe it’s multiple campaigns like in the Sonic Adventure games. One where you play as MC and the other is Locke and the Arbiter, and when you beat both campaigns it unlocks a secret final campaign that ties everything together…
>
>
> No, I honestly doubt that. Halo’s lore is set in a way that doesn’t have alternate stories. Halo’s story line is moving forward, not in a fork in a road.

What I meant was you play a campaign focused on MC, then there’s a completely different set of missions surrounding Locke and when you beat both sets of missions it unlocks the conclusion of the game where Locke and the Chief finally meet and whatever happens after that is the true ending. It isn’t a fork in the road, just two sides of the same story just like the trailer.