The tragedy of 343 Guilty spark.

Does anyone else feel that 343 Guilty Sparks’ life is one of the most tragic and depressing in the Halo universe? I never thought I would pity or feel bad for a robot but man, his story is messed up. He waits thousands of years in complete isolation, watching over a machine and waiting for a reclaimer. Then a reclaimer gets there, inadvertently causes the covenant to let the flood run rampant out of there panic then destroys the ring. To top it all off, 343 kills Johnson because protocol is the only thing he knows, and Masterchief virtually destroys him for it.

My pity for 343 was multiplied after reading the book Primordium by the genius that is Greg Bear. He was originally a human, and due to actions by the Librarian, Bornstellar, the Master Builder and the Didact, he was forced to become a lifeless machine and spend eternity watching Halo. Knowing he was a human almost makes it painful to kill him in Halo 3. I’m glad he survived and is looking for the librarian now…maybe there will be some sort of happy ending to his tragic life?

I actually made a flash movie about this a while back, I’m tempted to do something similar for 000 Tragic Solitude as well seeing as how he went though some similar circumstances. Plus, it would give me an excuse to draw the Ark for a bit.

Never thought of it tbh. But when you put it like this i kinda agree :confused:

No because he tried to write out all life in the universe, he’s still alive and stole UNSC property by taking the Rubicon to go find the Librarian and because he killed Johnson. So no I don’t feel sorry for him

Johnson was that close to surviving the war after everything he went through. And Spark killed him. The fact that he suffered as he did is a little comforting actually.

> 2533274926527272;5:
> Johnson was that close to surviving the war after everything he went through. And Spark killed him. The fact that he suffered as he did is a little comforting actually.

Ur Didact killed off Black Team and I don’t hate him.
Chief killed off Zuka and I don’t hate him.

So I still like Spark, and feel really bad for the thing. He had a really bad life. Even though he killed Johnson, who I liked better. xD

I blame Bungie for that lame death more than I blame Spark, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think 343 Guilty Spark is necessarily an AI version Chakas alone. I believe he was the compartmentalized AI personality of composed humans such as Chakas and the Lord of Admirals. Now, after Chief blew him up with a laser, it seems some of his archived personalities are resurfacing.

And I definitely feel sorry for Spark considering his 100,000 years isolation and his resulting rampancy. He seemed pretty good during the climax of the Flood was seeing as he helped save the denizens of Omega Halo. But I still don’t think of him as being less unstable and mad. He was still extremely dangerous by the end of Halo 3, as Johnson found out.