The Timeless One - Not the Last Precursor?

In an effort to search for a quote that anton so desperately needed me to surface, I was sidetracked, like usual. I came across very interesting information regarding the Timeless One. TO is not who it says it is, as Greg Bear hinted at. The Timeless One is not the last Precursor. It was created by the Precursors, possibly one gone wrong. Have a look at these quotes from Halo: Cryptum.
“Or was it something manufactured by the Precursors- possibly a strange, distorted sibling of both Forerunners and (the Didact was reluctant to consider this) humans? Precursor sibling, or ancestor to … what?”-pg. 276
“The cell contained, in temporal suspension, a genuine monster: a large creature with an overall anatomy like a grossly misshapen human…”-pg. 277
“They are out there, waiting…Thousands of years wasted!The solution was lost, Father…Lost!If what the Old Ones made is loose…”-pg. 138

If you look at the quotes from the passage it implies the Timeless One is actually part machine. Kind of like the Engineers that the Forerunners crafted. This also makes a lot of sense regarding how the Timeless One survived the firing of Halo, the Gravemind’s ability to successfully control Installation 05’s teleportation grid, and Gravemind’s ability to hack into Cortana in ‘Human Weakness’, considering Gravemind is the Timeless One. And the Timeless One, well… It could very well be…

> In an effort to search for a quote that anton so desperately needed me to surface, I was sidetracked, like usual. I came across very interesting information regarding the Timeless One. TO is not who it says it is, as Greg Bear hinted at. The Timeless One is not the last Precursor. It was created by the Precursors, possibly one gone wrong. Have a look at these quotes from Halo: Cryptum.
> “Or was it something manufactured by the Precursors- possibly a strange, distorted sibling of both Forerunners and (the Didact was reluctant to consider this) humans? Precursor sibling, or ancestor to … what?”-pg. 276
> “The cell contained, in temporal suspension, a genuine monster: a large creature with an overall anatomy like a grossly misshapen human…”-pg. 277
> “They are out there, waiting…Thousands of years wasted!The solution was lost, Father…Lost!If what the Old Ones made is loose…”-pg. 138
>
> If you look at the quotes from the passage it implies the Timeless One is actually part machine. Kind of like the Engineers that the Forerunners crafted. This also makes a lot of sense regarding how the Timeless One survived the firing of Halo, the Gravemind’s ability to successfully control Installation 05’s teleportation grid, and Gravemind’s ability to hack into Cortana in ‘Human Weakness’, considering Gravemind is the Timeless One. And the Timeless One, well… It could very well be…

Did you steal this off B.net? Its there tooo…

> In an effort to search for a quote that anton so desperately needed me to surface, I was sidetracked, like usual. I came across very interesting information regarding the Timeless One. TO is not who it says it is, as Greg Bear hinted at. The Timeless One is not the last Precursor. It was created by the Precursors, possibly one gone wrong. Have a look at these quotes from Halo: Cryptum.
> “Or was it something manufactured by the Precursors- possibly a strange, distorted sibling of both Forerunners and (the Didact was reluctant to consider this) humans? Precursor sibling, or ancestor to … what?”-pg. 276
> “The cell contained, in temporal suspension, a genuine monster: a large creature with an overall anatomy like a grossly misshapen human…”-pg. 277
> “They are out there, waiting…Thousands of years wasted!The solution was lost, Father…Lost!If what the Old Ones made is loose…”-pg. 138
>
> If you look at the quotes from the passage it implies the Timeless One is actually part machine. Kind of like the Engineers that the Forerunners crafted. This also makes a lot of sense regarding how the Timeless One survived the firing of Halo, the Gravemind’s ability to successfully control Installation 05’s teleportation grid, and Gravemind’s ability to hack into Cortana in ‘Human Weakness’, considering Gravemind is the Timeless One. And the Timeless One, well… It could very well be…

It was posted there before here…

> > In an effort to search for a quote that anton so desperately needed me to surface, I was sidetracked, like usual. I came across very interesting information regarding the Timeless One. TO is not who it says it is, as Greg Bear hinted at. The Timeless One is not the last Precursor. It was created by the Precursors, possibly one gone wrong. Have a look at these quotes from Halo: Cryptum.
> > “Or was it something manufactured by the Precursors- possibly a strange, distorted sibling of both Forerunners and (the Didact was reluctant to consider this) humans? Precursor sibling, or ancestor to … what?”-pg. 276
> > “The cell contained, in temporal suspension, a genuine monster: a large creature with an overall anatomy like a grossly misshapen human…”-pg. 277
> > “They are out there, waiting…Thousands of years wasted!The solution was lost, Father…Lost!If what the Old Ones made is loose…”-pg. 138
> >
> > If you look at the quotes from the passage it implies the Timeless One is actually part machine. Kind of like the Engineers that the Forerunners crafted. This also makes a lot of sense regarding how the Timeless One survived the firing of Halo, the Gravemind’s ability to successfully control Installation 05’s teleportation grid, and Gravemind’s ability to hack into Cortana in ‘Human Weakness’, considering Gravemind is the Timeless One. And the Timeless One, well… It could very well be…
>
> It was posted there before here…

Who Cares it’s EPIC!! and actually very feasible I like it. :smiley:

I was the one who posted it on Bungie.net

> I was the one who posted it on Bungie.net

Epic Theorem dude!

> > I was the one who posted it on Bungie.net
>
> Epic Theorem dude!

Thanks. It was pure accident I even came across it.

>

I never noticed that. Dude, that is amazing.

This would mean that the “Timeless One” was the plan of vengeance against the Forerunners. He was locked up in Charrum Hakkor with all those security measures because the Precursors didn’t want the Forerunners to kill it. But once that halo ring was activated he escaped his stasis field to the workings of the Precursors. If he is mechanical than it would explain why he was in that capsule for millions of years without getting hungry or requiring some sort of substance to eat.

And if “The Timeless One” is meant to also represent the “Gravemind” then it would explain how he can control the flood without him self being consumed by them. It’s all starting to make sense now. :smiley:

> And if “The Timeless One” is meant to also represent the “Gravemind” then it would explain how he can control the flood without him self being consumed by them. It’s all starting to make sense now. :smiley:

I know. This really is starting to come together as a theory.

> > And if “The Timeless One” is meant to also represent the “Gravemind” then it would explain how he can control the flood without him self being consumed by them. It’s all starting to make sense now. :smiley:
>
> I know. This really is starting to come together as a theory.

OMG I know now this is what Halo is about fighting wars but to know avail because there is always a deeper meaning to why events in the cosmos happen … Halo’s Epic and I really hope at the end of Halo 4 the Timeless One is revealed to us in full horrific glory. And I also want to be Mind -Yoinked!- by the immense story. Halo 4 is gonna be epic and so is the rest of the Reclaimer trilogy :smiley:

> This would mean that the “Timeless One” was the plan of vengeance against the Forerunners. He was locked up in Charrum Hakkor with all those security measures because the Precursors didn’t want the Forerunners to kill it. But once that halo ring was activated he escaped his stasis field to the workings of the Precursors. If he is mechanical than it would explain why he was in that capsule for millions of years without getting hungry or requiring some sort of substance to eat.

Do you mind if I post that on the OP at the bungie forums? I do like this.

> > This would mean that the “Timeless One” was the plan of vengeance against the Forerunners. He was locked up in Charrum Hakkor with all those security measures because the Precursors didn’t want the Forerunners to kill it. But once that halo ring was activated he escaped his stasis field to the workings of the Precursors. If he is mechanical than it would explain why he was in that capsule for millions of years without getting hungry or requiring some sort of substance to eat.
>
> Do you mind if I post that on the OP at the bungie forums? I do like this.

Why would he mind, just make sure you mention his name :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > This would mean that the “Timeless One” was the plan of vengeance against the Forerunners. He was locked up in Charrum Hakkor with all those security measures because the Precursors didn’t want the Forerunners to kill it. But once that halo ring was activated he escaped his stasis field to the workings of the Precursors. If he is mechanical than it would explain why he was in that capsule for millions of years without getting hungry or requiring some sort of substance to eat.
> >
> > Do you mind if I post that on the OP at the bungie forums? I do like this.
>
> Why would he mind, just make sure you mention his name :stuck_out_tongue:

I did.

> > > > This would mean that the “Timeless One” was the plan of vengeance against the Forerunners. He was locked up in Charrum Hakkor with all those security measures because the Precursors didn’t want the Forerunners to kill it. But once that halo ring was activated he escaped his stasis field to the workings of the Precursors. If he is mechanical than it would explain why he was in that capsule for millions of years without getting hungry or requiring some sort of substance to eat.
> > >
> > > Do you mind if I post that on the OP at the bungie forums? I do like this.
> >
> > Why would he mind, just make sure you mention his name :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I did.

Well that’s awesome cool beans then :slight_smile:

Your theory sounds right, except for The Timeless One being in Halo 4. They said it had a head of a horseshoe crab and looked like a misshaped human. That thing from the concept art trailer looks like a serpent sentinel.

> Your theory sounds right, except for The Timeless One being in Halo 4. They said it had a head of a horseshoe crab and looked like a misshaped human. That thing from the concept art trailer looks like a serpent sentinel.

We have not seen the head of the ancient enemy. Everything else could fit. All we’ve seen is one limb. Not to mention that it probably does not have the flood biomass cover yet.

Thats a limb?

> > This would mean that the “Timeless One” was the plan of vengeance against the Forerunners. He was locked up in Charrum Hakkor with all those security measures because the Precursors didn’t want the Forerunners to kill it. But once that halo ring was activated he escaped his stasis field to the workings of the Precursors. If he is mechanical than it would explain why he was in that capsule for millions of years without getting hungry or requiring some sort of substance to eat.
>
> Do you mind if I post that on the OP at the bungie forums? I do like this.

I don’t mind if you post it. By the way thanks for asking. : )

Do you mind giving me the link to the post on bungie.net?