The Thrusters.

What if everyone spawned with them? And had sprint? Then everyone would be on the same playing field. Having both the thrusters and sprint would add a new layer to gameplay. Just a thought.

Noooo!!

Oh hell no!

> What if everyone spawned with them? And had sprint? Then everyone would be on the same playing field. Having both the thrusters and sprint would add a new layer to gameplay. Just a thought.

it’s already being done.
Every one gets sprint, no matter if you like it or not.
And thrusters, you get those too, don’t know if you can use them in game or not, but they are their, and even if you could use them, they would be useless, they’re not made for gravity use, they made to be used only in zero G.

Everybody says no…

I say let us give it a chance, this isn’t gonna be a reach for all we know sprint and jetpacks work differently in Halo 4. Don’t judge by the look.

Why? The maps would be specifically designed with them in mind. And since everyone would have an equal oppurtunity to get them, there wouldn’t be any complaining. And the thrusters wouldn’t be a jetpack like in Reach. Just a small boost to the jump.

Ok look, all I want is to play some halo. is that to much to ask? we don’t want perk or anything like that. I just want halo run and run arena, style shooting fun. I don’t want these gimmick forced in the gameplay.

Get it?

> > What if everyone spawned with them? And had sprint? Then everyone would be on the same playing field. Having both the thrusters and sprint would add a new layer to gameplay. Just a thought.
>
> it’s already being done.
> Every one gets sprint, no matter if you like it or not.
> And thrusters, you get those too, don’t know if you can use them in game or not, but they are their, and even if you could use them, they would be useless, they’re not made for gravity use, they made to be used only in zero G.

I know… It was just an idea. I don’t think Wraparound would have a 0G zone though.

> Ok look, all I want is to play some halo. is that to much to ask? we don’t want perk or anything like that. I just want halo run and run arena, style shooting fun. I don’t want these gimmick forced in the gameplay.
>
> Get it?

And I want to play some Halo to, but unlike you, I don’t feel that these “gimmicks” are turning Halo into something else. But hey, if you don’t like them, you don’t have to use them.

> Oh hell no!

Is he the guy that played that big black guy in Let’s Go To Prison?

> > Oh hell no!
>
> Is he the guy that played that big black guy in Let’s Go To Prison?

“Prepare, to be woo-ed”

OT: sprint and thrust/jet pack?!?!?! sounds fine with me, but i do think loadouts are going to be more customizable than that whatever your opinion of that is

Thruster pack will act as a double jump, and in 0G areas of Warhouse, you can use it to fly across through the space part.

Seriously everyone, calm your -Yoink-.

> > > Oh hell no!
> >
> > Is he the guy that played that big black guy in Let’s Go To Prison?
>
> “Prepare, to be woo-ed”
>
> OT: sprint and thrust/jet pack?!?!?! sounds fine with me, but i do think loadouts are going to be more customizable than that whatever your opinion of that is

There is not jetpack in Halo 4.

> Thruster pack will act as a double jump, and in 0G areas of Warhouse, you can use it to fly across through the space part.
>
> Seriously everyone, calm your Yoink!.

Do you know how thruster packs work? they’re made to push objects in zero g, in gravity they wouldn’t even be able to lift a young girl, so they won’t help a boost a spartan in 1 ton suit of armor.

I feel like one of the most common complaints about load outs is that they create an unfair advantage but if everyone has the ability to sprint or use thrusters, the it won’t be as big of a problem. Whether you like sprint or thrusting is a different matter, but as long as halo returns to a game that starts off with an equal opportunity for everyone then I’ll be happy.

NOOO!!!

First of all, if sprint can break competitive gameplay and jetpack can break it even more, what will sprint + thruster be capable of?

Even IF everyone starts off the same, I don’t want everyone to be sprinting away when they get outplayed, or sprinting back to the place where they died as if nothing happened. I don’t want double pummels or sword insanity. I don’t want to have our map control completely circumvented by a thruster just flying to our high ground. I don’t want slower movement speeds because of sprint so that I can’t strafe decently any longer. I don’t want the game to be about who can manoeuver and fly better, I want it to be about using the environment and having better aim and tactics.

Second, the button layout must be horrible for bumper jumpers.

Third, I don’t want the maps to be forced to be designed with sprint and thruster in mind. They become big and will probably suck when played without sprint. If you didn’t like the standard Reach maps, now you know why.

Pretty sure 343 said there would be a Day 1 classic experience for Halo 4, so those of you bizarrely terrified by the ability to run faster and maybe propel in zero-g environments don’t have to panic.

> NOOO!!!

Do you have a reason, or are you just saying No, because you blindly hate sprint?

> > NOOO!!!
>
> Do you have a reason, or are you just saying No, because you blindly hate sprint?

Any hate towards sprint isn’t blind. Sprint seems fine at first until your competitive eyes are opened. Only when you grasp things such as map control, power weapon control, communication, different strategies etc. Will you understand how much worse sprint is than classic high speed movement.

> > > NOOO!!!
> >
> > Do you have a reason, or are you just saying No, because you blindly hate sprint?
>
> Any hate towards sprint isn’t blind. Sprint seems fine at first until your competitive eyes are opened. Only when you grasp things such as map control, power weapon control, communication, different strategies etc. Will you understand how much worse sprint is than classic high speed movement.

exactly! Everyone here thinks its just a way to move faster when its not. The “thruster” and “sprint” will add so many variables in that will tip the game away from halo’s even competition level in halo 1-3.