The Thought Process of the Average Halo Player

This thread is mostly for my own amusement, but perhaps it will prove educational for posterity (or ourselves in twelve months’ time). At any rate, I was interested in tracing the mental arcs of some of the more volatile Halo fans as they drew conclusions about the content of the most recent video.

One second of a Spartan sprinting = sprint is handled in the same way that it was in Reach and is featured in every playlist.

Mention of unlockable abilities = these abilities are called “perks”, armour lock is one of them, and they also operate in the same fashion as they did in reach.

The battle rifle has suppressable recoil = the battle rifle has recoil that cannot be suppressed and that makes the game more difficult for hardcore players; by contrast, casual players kill more easily with recoil and therefore have an advantage over hardcore players.

There will be customisable loadouts in the game = there will be customisable loadouts in every playlist, allowing casual players to begin matches with rocket launchers and sniper rifles; this same ability will not be afforded to hardcore players.

The graphics look good = the graphics looks bad.

Two multiplayer maps will feature metallic aesthetics = all multiplayer maps and all campaign levels will take place in grey, metallic environments without trees or other natural formations.

Halo 4 will be founded upon the best elements of previous games but will have its own unique feel = Halo 4 will abandon the legacy of the previous games and change everything.

I look forward to seeing what people come up with after the next trailer.

This is awesome.

slow clap

brilliant thread.

> Mention of unlockable abilities = these abilities are called “perks”, armour lock is one of them, and they also operate in the same fashion as they did in reach.

This is not what people are referring to as perks.

exactly, good reaction recap

> This is not what people are referring to as perks.

Oh? The first mention I encountered of them described them as abilities that were unlocked by progression. This was shortly after the video was released.

I love you.

Except all of these are completely wrong.

Try again.

Each piece of armor will give you a different advantage, which are perks, it’s not like aa’s in reach.

> Each piece of armor will give you a different advantage, which are perks, it’s not like aa’s in reach.

What if its -Yoinking!- awesome though? Let 343 do their thing, if it fails we will raise up as a community and DEMAND Halo 2 style game play for Halo 6, if its bad -Yoink- and works then great.

Congratulations. You’ve perfectly described these forums!

> Each piece of armor will give you a different advantage, which are perks, it’s not like aa’s in reach.

I haven’t read that, but if it’s true, I think my point still stands; a ridiculous conclusion was made based on very little evidence.

> Except all of these are completely wrong.
>
> Try again.

Either you didn’t get the point of this thread, or your humour is too subtle for me to appreciate.

> Except all of these are completely wrong.
>
> Try again.

I just thanked you to be able to remove the thank… This thread is awesome

L O L !!!

Circle jerk threads like this are pointless.

This has been what I’ve been thinking and saying for what seems like thousands of years.

> Circle jerk threads like this are pointless.

We don’t engage in that sort of practice on this forum, but you’re free to do so in the corner, if you like.

Edit: A joke. I generally discourage complaints about complaints, but this thread is truly not a complaint; I am genuinely interested in the way in which seemingly innocuous information acquires a life of its own and becomes central to an entire community. It seems… too ridiculous to be true.

> Circle jerk threads like this are pointless.

Shh! Let them have their fun. I mean, you don’t want them to start circle-jerking all over you… right?

hhahah this thread is pure win.

It perfectly describes these whiners .