The Teen rating is killing this game/franchise

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It started with Halo 5.

I don’t know what’s going on at 343/Microsoft but please can we restore the blood, grit and gore that were seen previously in Halo games? It really added to the immersion of those games and none of that was present in the infinite demo. There were no blood splats just like Halo 5.

I don’t know why 343 is shying away from blood, grit and gore but many like GeneralKidd suspect its an executive decision to push towards a Teen game first seen in Halo 5. Everything as a result looks plasticky and cartoony and the sooner this is reversed the better.

We know you are capable of better. Halo 4 - even if the overall design deviated from Halo, the story and the world still felt like Halo because there was the same focus on blood, grit and gore. (Example when Didact used the composer and everyone turned to dust).

Hopefully you can implement these changes. Delay the game if you have to - as many are asking for. Getting Halo Infinite right is important and the budget rumoured to be so large for this game I don’t think you will get another chance.

> 2535455214074546;1:
> It started with Halo 5.
>
> I don’t know what’s going on at 343/Microsoft but please can we restore the blood, grit and gore that were seen previously in Halo games? It really added to the immersion of those games and none of that was present in the infinite demo. There were no blood splats just like Halo 5.
>
> I don’t know why 343 is shying away from blood, grit and gore but many like GeneralKidd suspect its an executive decision to push towards a Teen game first seen in Halo 5. Everything as a result looks plasticky and cartoony and the sooner this is reversed the better.
>
> We know you are capable of better. Halo 4 - even if the overall design deviated from Halo, the story and the world still felt like Halo because there was the same focus on blood, grit and gore. (Example when Didact used the composer and everyone turned to dust).
>
> Hopefully you can implement these changes. Delay the game if you have to - as many are asking for. Getting Halo Infinite right is important and the budget rumoured to be so large for this game I don’t think you will get another chance.

This franchise is meant for older kids/teens though, maybe you’ve just outgrown Halo. Halo has never been an adult centric game with mature themes…

> 2535458876514241;2:
> > 2535455214074546;1:
> > It started with Halo 5.
> >
> > I don’t know what’s going on at 343/Microsoft but please can we restore the blood, grit and gore that were seen previously in Halo games? It really added to the immersion of those games and none of that was present in the infinite demo. There were no blood splats just like Halo 5.
> >
> > I don’t know why 343 is shying away from blood, grit and gore but many like GeneralKidd suspect its an executive decision to push towards a Teen game first seen in Halo 5. Everything as a result looks plasticky and cartoony and the sooner this is reversed the better.
> >
> > We know you are capable of better. Halo 4 - even if the overall design deviated from Halo, the story and the world still felt like Halo because there was the same focus on blood, grit and gore. (Example when Didact used the composer and everyone turned to dust).
> >
> > Hopefully you can implement these changes. Delay the game if you have to - as many are asking for. Getting Halo Infinite right is important and the budget rumoured to be so large for this game I don’t think you will get another chance.
>
> This franchise is meant for older kids/teens though, maybe you’ve just outgrown Halo. Halo has never been an adult centric game with mature themes…

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach and 4 had blood splats and gore all over the place.

The flood literally took over bodies and in Reach there were people pinned up against walls.

This encapsulates why Halo may be doomed to fail. “The problem isn’t the game, it’s you” - lol ok we just won’t buy your game then after sticking with you through all the other ones.

> 2535458876514241;2:
> > 2535455214074546;1:
> >
> > I don’t know what’s going on at 343/Microsoft but please can we restore the blood, grit and gore that were seen previously in Halo games? It really added to the immersion of those games and none of that was present in the infinite demo. There were no blood splats just like Halo 5.
> >
> > I don’t know why 343 is shying away from blood, grit and gore but many like GeneralKidd suspect its an executive decision to push towards a Teen game first seen in Halo 5. Everything as a result looks plasticky and cartoony and the sooner this is reversed the better.
> >
> > We know you are capable of better. Halo 4 - even if the overall design deviated from Halo, the story and the world still felt like Halo because there was the same focus on blood, grit and gore. (Example when Didact used the composer and everyone turned to dust).
> >
> > Hopefully you can implement these changes. Delay the game if you have to - as many are asking for. Getting Halo Infinite right is important and the budget rumoured to be so large for this game I don’t think you will get another chance.
>
> This franchise is meant for older kids/teens though, maybe you’ve just outgrown Halo. Halo has never been an adult centric game with mature themes…

Idk what planet you’re living on but there is a comparison you should see. It’s being done deliberately by 343, nothing wrong with the fans pointing this out.

Combat Evolved vs Combat Evolved Anniversary

Also the video OP mentioned from GeneralKidd

Also a reddit post blowing up on r/halo about this. Not just the OP who feels this way

> 2535455214074546;3:
> > 2535458876514241;2:
> > > 2535455214074546;1:
> > > It started with Halo 5.
> > >
> > > I don’t know what’s going on at 343/Microsoft but please can we restore the blood, grit and gore that were seen previously in Halo games? It really added to the immersion of those games and none of that was present in the infinite demo. There were no blood splats just like Halo 5.
> > >
> > > I don’t know why 343 is shying away from blood, grit and gore but many like GeneralKidd suspect its an executive decision to push towards a Teen game first seen in Halo 5. Everything as a result looks plasticky and cartoony and the sooner this is reversed the better.
> > >
> > > We know you are capable of better. Halo 4 - even if the overall design deviated from Halo, the story and the world still felt like Halo because there was the same focus on blood, grit and gore. (Example when Didact used the composer and everyone turned to dust).
> > >
> > > Hopefully you can implement these changes. Delay the game if you have to - as many are asking for. Getting Halo Infinite right is important and the budget rumoured to be so large for this game I don’t think you will get another chance.
> >
> > This franchise is meant for older kids/teens though, maybe you’ve just outgrown Halo. Halo has never been an adult centric game with mature themes…
>
> LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>
> Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach and 4 had blood splats and gore all over the place.
>
> The flood literally took over bodies and in Reach there were people pinned up against walls.
>
> This encapsulates why Halo may be doomed to fail. “The problem isn’t the game, it’s you” - lol ok we just won’t buy your game then after sticking with you through all the other ones.

The Flood + Blue blood splats = mature? Everything from Halo CE to Reach is perfectly suitable for teenagers.

> 2535458876514241;5:
> > 2535455214074546;3:
> > > 2535458876514241;2:
> > > > 2535455214074546;1:
> > > > It started with Halo 5.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t know what’s going on at 343/Microsoft but please can we restore the blood, grit and gore that were seen previously in Halo games? It really added to the immersion of those games and none of that was present in the infinite demo. There were no blood splats just like Halo 5.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t know why 343 is shying away from blood, grit and gore but many like GeneralKidd suspect its an executive decision to push towards a Teen game first seen in Halo 5. Everything as a result looks plasticky and cartoony and the sooner this is reversed the better.
> > > >
> > > > We know you are capable of better. Halo 4 - even if the overall design deviated from Halo, the story and the world still felt like Halo because there was the same focus on blood, grit and gore. (Example when Didact used the composer and everyone turned to dust).
> > > >
> > > > Hopefully you can implement these changes. Delay the game if you have to - as many are asking for. Getting Halo Infinite right is important and the budget rumoured to be so large for this game I don’t think you will get another chance.
> > >
> > > This franchise is meant for older kids/teens though, maybe you’ve just outgrown Halo. Halo has never been an adult centric game with mature themes…
> >
> > LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
> >
> > Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach and 4 had blood splats and gore all over the place.
> >
> > The flood literally took over bodies and in Reach there were people pinned up against walls.
> >
> > This encapsulates why Halo may be doomed to fail. “The problem isn’t the game, it’s you” - lol ok we just won’t buy your game then after sticking with you through all the other ones.
>
> The Flood + Blue blood splats = mature? Everything from Halo CE to Reach is perfectly suitable for teenagers.

Yes, those games had an M for mature rating which if you look at why they have those ratings that is included.

Even if you were correct, why won’t 343 include blood splats in their games? And why were they deliberately removed from Combat Evolved Anniversary as VariableSand mentioned?

> 2535407766571185;4:
> > 2535458876514241;2:
> > > 2535455214074546;1:
> > > It started with Halo 5.
> > >
> > > I don’t know what’s going on at 343/Microsoft but please can we restore the blood, grit and gore that were seen previously in Halo games? It really added to the immersion of those games and none of that was present in the infinite demo. There were no blood splats just like Halo 5.
> > >
> > > I don’t know why 343 is shying away from blood, grit and gore but many like GeneralKidd suspect its an executive decision to push towards a Teen game first seen in Halo 5. Everything as a result looks plasticky and cartoony and the sooner this is reversed the better.
> > >
> > > We know you are capable of better. Halo 4 - even if the overall design deviated from Halo, the story and the world still felt like Halo because there was the same focus on blood, grit and gore. (Example when Didact used the composer and everyone turned to dust).
> > >
> > > Hopefully you can implement these changes. Delay the game if you have to - as many are asking for. Getting Halo Infinite right is important and the budget rumoured to be so large for this game I don’t think you will get another chance.
> >
> > This franchise is meant for older kids/teens though, maybe you’ve just outgrown Halo. Halo has never been an adult centric game with mature themes…
>
> Idk what planet you’re living on but there is a comparison you should see. It’s being done deliberately by 343, nothing wrong with the fans pointing this out.
>
> Combat Evolved vs Combat Evolved Anniversary
>
> https://i.redd.it/q88ylin9gee31.jpg
>
> Also the video OP mentioned from GeneralKidd
>
> Halo Infinite Gameplay Reveal - The Good, The Bad & Hopes For The Future - YouTube
>
> Also a reddit post blowing up on r/halo about this. Not just the OP who feels this way
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/hx2kei/if_the_flood_are_returning_i_dont_want_a_watered/

You cant use CEA vs CE as a comparison, a lot of visuals are broken in CEA (Anniversary and Classic Graphics) when compared to the original CE on OG Xbox. None of these issues with the inconsistencies between the two is directly the fault of 343, the Fault lays at Gearbox’s feet. CEA was built off of Gearbox’s horrendous Halo CE PC port from 2003 for the sole reason it had working Multiplayer already figured out. Gearbox even screwed up so hard, It uses the Beta version of Captain keys, in Classic mode on on Original Gearbox PC port, The Captain Keyes model is not the same one used in OG Xbox Halo CE

This is a good video to watch to hear the history of these issues:
Downgrades from CE to CEA because of Gearbox’s PC port (Youtube)

343 has since acknowledged these long existing issues and dug out some OG Xbox devkits to work on fixing Gearbox’s mistakes, but we probably cant expect the patch for the issues until after Halo 4 is released as the issues are low priority to them.
MCC June 2019 Dev Update

Don’t know what gameplay you have seen, but there is a substancial amount of blood in the Halo Infinite trailer.
I honestly don’t know where you guys invented the idea Halo is bloody and gory and super gritty. Halo one has a lot of blood, but all other games had blood splatters here and there, flood desintegrating, but never gore.

If it weren’t for some of the on-screen Flood transformations and the Composer scene Halos 2-4 would have been rated T as well. Star Wars Republic Commando has more blood than some Halo games and its rated T. Infinite has a comparable amount of blood. The T rating is literally the least of this game’s worries right now and I don’t get why people keep making such a big deal of it.

> 2535455214074546;1:
> It started with Halo 5.
>
> I don’t know what’s going on at 343/Microsoft but please can we restore the blood, grit and gore that were seen previously in Halo games? It really added to the immersion of those games and none of that was present in the infinite demo. There were no blood splats just like Halo 5.
>
> I don’t know why 343 is shying away from blood, grit and gore but many like GeneralKidd suspect its an executive decision to push towards a Teen game first seen in Halo 5. Everything as a result looks plasticky and cartoony and the sooner this is reversed the better.
>
> We know you are capable of better. Halo 4 - even if the overall design deviated from Halo, the story and the world still felt like Halo because there was the same focus on blood, grit and gore. (Example when Didact used the composer and everyone turned to dust).
>
> Hopefully you can implement these changes. Delay the game if you have to - as many are asking for. Getting Halo Infinite right is important and the budget rumoured to be so large for this game I don’t think you will get another chance.

Less grit and fortnite graphics isn’t the old art style as all these damage controlling fanboys are trying to claim. If the game looks bad people will call it out cause they know Halo can be better and want it to.

Halo has never deserved an M rating…even when blood splatter was a thing and the flood was around.

Play the game before preaching it and it’s franchise’s Doom

I remember playing Halo 3 the first time and my parents were there. The Marines yelled “wipe those -Yoinks!- off the deck” and my parents freaked out. Anyone who has ever hung out with people involved in war knows that they cuss a lot. I also just miss the blood. Halo 5 feels so fake.
Also, I really think there’s more behind it than that. Microsoft pushed them to make the game safe for little kids because then it attracts kids who love to buy lootboxes. Probably not true, but it does seem sketchy that those things happened at the same time.
Regardless, I don’t need an m rating. If there is a decent amount of blood and cussing and it is rated T, I am happy with that. I just don’t want another Halo 5, where Spartans literally don’t bleed at all in multiplayer.

> 2535458876514241;2:
> > 2535455214074546;1:
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

Then please explain the M rating.