The Symbols Return! SPOILERS.

This picture is from OXM now if you look closely you see not only the Didacts"Un-bound" also the other symbols tell me you haven’t seen those somewhere before. The 5th terminal of Anniversary they are the same symbols as the distress call of the mysterious ship. So thoughts? Also chief tells Del Rio the didact is wounded and they should go after him.

http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/halo_4_mission_cing_infinity_debriefing_medium.jpg\

Xbox Games, News & Reviews | GamesRadar+ Article pic is from

Those were the symbols from CE:A that’s pretty cool they have been hinting halo 4 things in it:)

That is the unbound Didact symbol.

> Those were the symbols from CE:A that’s pretty cool they have been hinting halo 4 things in it:)

Im wondering if they are the Ancient evil whoever is behind these symbols. Spark said he reconinized they were similar to that of the forerunners but not exact and who made forerunners precursors so it would make sense that their symbols/alphabet would be similar.

> That is the unbound Didact symbol.

Your right but what is your opinion on the other symbols.

Those unknown symbols, I would guess, are Precursor in nature. They aren’t Forerunner as Spark didn’t recognize them.

Question is why is it blue, when on the E3 demo it was red.

Lets just say, hypothetically, those symbols are of Precursor origin.

So, Precursor symbols surrounding the Unbound Didact symbol? If thats the case, I’d sy thats pretty clear hinting of Precursor influence on the Didact… the popular corruption theory.

> Lets just say, hypothetically, those symbols are of Precursor origin.
>
> So, Precursor symbols surrounding the Unbound Didact symbol? If thats the case, I’d sy thats pretty clear hinting of Precursor influence on the Didact… the popular corruption theory.

This all the way

> > Lets just say, hypothetically, those symbols are of Precursor origin.
> >
> > So, Precursor symbols surrounding the Unbound Didact symbol? If thats the case, I’d sy thats pretty clear hinting of Precursor influence on the Didact… the popular corruption theory.
>
> This all the way

If its true, then my faith in the Ancient Evil stuff has been restored. Recently its seemed like the Didact was the Ancient Evil, but these mysterious symbols showing uo yet again associated with the unbound Didact show that there should be some more mysterious forces at work. Precursors and corruption… thats the theory I’m still clinging too. There is so much backing it up, so much room with it.
It’ll be a big letdown if they ditch this potential and go for a rampant Forerunner as a true Ancient Evil.

> Lets just say, hypothetically, those symbols are of Precursor origin.
>
> So, Precursor symbols surrounding the Unbound Didact symbol? If thats the case, I’d sy thats pretty clear hinting of Precursor influence on the Didact… the popular corruption theory.

That’s what I’m hoping they are I’m just drawing a running hypothesis of why do these symbols keep appearing they must be of some importance perhaps the Ancient Evil or maybe something else even.

> > Lets just say, hypothetically, those symbols are of Precursor origin.
> >
> > So, Precursor symbols surrounding the Unbound Didact symbol? If thats the case, I’d sy thats pretty clear hinting of Precursor influence on the Didact… the popular corruption theory.
>
> That’s what I’m hoping they are I’m just drawing a running hypothesis of why do these symbols keep appearing they must be of some importance perhaps the Ancient Evil or maybe something else even.

Its almost direct proof.

343 Guilty Spark has already confirmed that those symbols are not Forerunner. He could not translate them. They arrived in a mysterious ship with apparently no crew or no surviving crew.
Now they’re showing up again surrounding the Unbound Symbol of the Didact, a character we know isn’t an “Ancient Evil”. Corruption, influence… something is going on.

Perhaps the Terminal ships were not an isolated event? Could a similar event have triggered the Flood outbreak on Installation 05?

> Perhaps the Terminal ships were not an isolated event? Could a similar event have triggered the Flood outbreak on Installation 05?

Theory Incoming!

Could one of these ships have landed on Requiem?

What if thats whats causing all this. The Didact isn’t evil himself, we know. But something hit him from his own hole, perhaps one of these mysterious ships crash landed on Requiem, unleashing whatever it really contains. Spark quarantined it immedietly, isolated everything and blocked the signals.
Perhaps the Didact wasn’t able to fare so well? Or Penitent Tangent? Maybe it causes rampancy, causing Tangent to go rampant and Spark to shortly follow.

If it causes rampancy… the Primordial comes to mind. He made Mendicant go rampant, could this be another way of bringing the galaxy into chaos before unleashing a full attack?

Well, this theory is a surprising turn of events. I assumed it was just “Getting off on the wrong foot” type scenario between Chief and The Didact. Then again, the Didact is supposed to be his first true nemesis, so I guess he would have to oppose Chief longer than one game. Well, at least we now have a reason to suspect Precursors.

HANG ON A MINUTE! I KNOW WHERE THE LIBRARIAN COMES IN NOW! The Didact is under the control of the Precursors. He’s no AI, so he’s not rampant, but perhaps mind control. And he can’t break free of it himself. The Librarian will ultimately be the solution. Upon the two reuniting, the Didact will finally break free from the Precursors control. It makes perfect sense. But that also leaves the question of where the Bornstellar-Didact is, considering this is likely the Ur-Didact. It was never confirmed that the Didact died, in which case it would have been the Bornstellar-Didact. but if the rings were fired from the Lesser Ark, then he would still be alive. So where would he be then?

EDIT: Well, we still have Silentium, so Bornstellar could die in that novel. But for now, I say he’s alive because of the fact that he fired the rings, and likely from the Lesser Ark. So he would have been out of range. And the Librarian would most likely be on the Greater Ark, as well as potentially more Forerunner’s. It seems likely because the Greater Ark went dark if I recall, I might be wrong on that. And since it would seem not to be in use, no one would go there. Perfect hiding place other than Shield Worlds. Not to mention, being on the opposite end of the galaxy from everything else thats going on, no one would even come upon it by accident. Not to mention(again) that the Greater Ark is going to be explored more deeply in Silentium. Lending credence to its appearance in the Reclaimer Trilogy, likely Halo 5.

> > Perhaps the Terminal ships were not an isolated event? Could a similar event have triggered the Flood outbreak on Installation 05?
>
> Theory Incoming!
>
> Could one of these ships have landed on Requiem?
>
>
>
>
> What if thats whats causing all this. The Didact isn’t evil himself, we know. But something hit him from his own hole, perhaps one of these mysterious ships crash landed on Requiem, unleashing whatever it really contains. Spark quarantined it immedietly, isolated everything and blocked the signals.
> Perhaps the Didact wasn’t able to fare so well? Or Penitent Tangent? Maybe it causes rampancy, causing Tangent to go rampant and Spark to shortly follow.
>
> If it causes rampancy… the Primordial comes to mind. He made Mendicant go rampant, could this be another way of bringing the galaxy into chaos before unleashing a full attack?

This is exacty what i was thinking maybe the ring in the backround of the main menu is also been attacked by the same group.

> > Perhaps the Terminal ships were not an isolated event? Could a similar event have triggered the Flood outbreak on Installation 05?
>
> Theory Incoming!
>
> Could one of these ships have landed on Requiem?
>
>
>
>
> What if thats whats causing all this. The Didact isn’t evil himself, we know. But something hit him from his own hole, perhaps one of these mysterious ships crash landed on Requiem, unleashing whatever it really contains. Spark quarantined it immedietly, isolated everything and blocked the signals.
> Perhaps the Didact wasn’t able to fare so well? Or Penitent Tangent? Maybe it causes rampancy, causing Tangent to go rampant and Spark to shortly follow.
>
> If it causes rampancy… the Primordial comes to mind. He made Mendicant go rampant, could this be another way of bringing the galaxy into chaos before unleashing a full attack?

If that is the case, I guess my Halo 4 script was closer to the mark then I thought.

> Perhaps the Terminal ships were not an isolated event? Could a similar event have triggered the Flood outbreak on Installation 05?

That’s what I was thinking. Interesting note: The Unidentified Alien ship appears in Terminals 4, 5 and 6… The Reclaimer Trilogy consists of Halos 4, 5 and 6. Coincidence?! So like the Terminals it may go something like this…

Halo 4: Aliens appear at the end
Halo 5: Aliens are main focus
Halo 6: Aliens die/defeated, life moves on

I see this Pic and i dont know why but my first thought was forerunner/precursor time lock?
http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/halo_4_mission_cing_infinity_debriefing_medium.jpg\

> I see this Pic and i dont know why but my first thought was forerunner/precursor time lock?
> http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/halo_4_mission_cing_infinity_debriefing_medium.jpg\

No, no, no. It’s a Stargate!

lol, joking.