The Sword

I doubt I was the only one who noticed the golden-coloured energy sword in what appears to be a remake of Midship in the new vidoc.

But I may have been of a smaller number who noticed that the weapon has changed slightly. It appears to be shorter now, about 2/3 the length of the conventional blue. It also has a much wider base.

It wasn’t listed as a weapon in the beta’s 11-strong sandbox, so I doubt we’ll see more of it for quite a lot longer, but what do you thing this means for the sword? A shorter range? Higher damage? Customisability?

The golden sword was probably just the color reflection of a light beneath it or something like that. I’d like a golden energy sword very much, though.

It could be a Forerunner sword…

There’s a golden light below it, so it’s probably just picking that up. The sword does look shorter and wider though.

Or just an environmental decoration, like a hologram, and not actually the Energy Sword. Just a thought.

> It could be a Forerunner sword…

Heretic!

> It could be a Forerunner sword…

I doubt that, since the Energy Sword’s design comes from a Sangheilian traditional sword, the Curveblade, which was traditionally made of resin. When they were assimilated into the covenant, they had ones made of Plasma made for them. (Forgive my lore-nuttery) Besides, it’s probably just the light beneath it, as these guys said.

But that raises another question: why is it reflecting colour to that degree? Is it more mirrored? Transparent?

ive noticed the same thing, its gotten chubby and fat from eating all of the spartans :open_mouth:

its not, there were 8 weapons shown in the trailer, meaning 3 of them are left, but we saw a sword so now there are 2 more weapons we havent seen

The tips of the Sword also appear to curve towards each other.

Actually it appears like Power Weapons will be golden. You can see another instance of this at the end of the Halo 5 Beta ViDoc. Im sure they change to their normal colors once picked up, but they could be tinted golden to signify their importance. They also spin.

> Actually it appears like Power Weapons will be golden. You can see another instance of this at the end of the Halo 5 Beta ViDoc. Im sure they change to their normal colors once picked up, but they could be tinted golden to signify their importance. They also spin.

I’m not sure if I like that idea too much…

> > Actually it appears like Power Weapons will be golden. You can see another instance of this at the end of the Halo 5 Beta ViDoc. Im sure they change to their normal colors once picked up, but they could be tinted golden to signify their importance. They also spin.
>
> I’m not sure if I like that idea too much…

It doesn’t bother me much, as long as power weapons aren’t brought in like ordnance was in H4. Could be that the hologram is just a placeholder until the weapon spawns, just as a reminder that that is where it spawns.

> > > Actually it appears like Power Weapons will be golden. You can see another instance of this at the end of the Halo 5 Beta ViDoc. Im sure they change to their normal colors once picked up, but they could be tinted golden to signify their importance. They also spin.
> >
> > I’m not sure if I like that idea too much…
>
> It doesn’t bother me much, as long as power weapons aren’t brought in like ordnance was in H4. Could be that the hologram is just a placeholder until the weapon spawns, just as a reminder that that is where it spawns.

That sounds quite cool, actually. Would definitely make it seem less ridiculous that military hardware appears on the ground periodically for no reason. (Or it could spawn in an ordnance pod…)

I like the ideas of power weapons spinning, it gives the game kind of a throwback feel. Like, didn’t map weapons spin in old 007 games and games like Red Faction 2? Loved those games.

> Actually it appears like Power Weapons will be golden. You can see another instance of this at the end of the Halo 5 Beta ViDoc. Im sure they change to their normal colors once picked up, but they could be tinted golden to signify their importance. They also spin.

Yup. Here’s a quick .mp4 of it.

Weapon Spinning

I assume the Sword is doing that.

> > Actually it appears like Power Weapons will be golden. You can see another instance of this at the end of the Halo 5 Beta ViDoc. Im sure they change to their normal colors once picked up, but they could be tinted golden to signify their importance. They also spin.
>
> Yup. Here’s a quick .mp4 of it.
>
> Weapon Spinning
>
> I assume the Sword is doing that.

Yeah, it definitely looks like they’re golden until picked up. What’s the first gun, though?

> > > Actually it appears like Power Weapons will be golden. You can see another instance of this at the end of the Halo 5 Beta ViDoc. Im sure they change to their normal colors once picked up, but they could be tinted golden to signify their importance. They also spin.
> >
> > Yup. Here’s a quick .mp4 of it.
> >
> > Weapon Spinning
> >
> > I assume the Sword is doing that.
>
> Yeah, it definitely looks like they’re golden until picked up. What’s the first gun, though?

At first I thought it was a Battle Rifle but looking at it closer, I have no clue.

> > > > Actually it appears like Power Weapons will be golden. You can see another instance of this at the end of the Halo 5 Beta ViDoc. Im sure they change to their normal colors once picked up, but they could be tinted golden to signify their importance. They also spin.
> > >
> > > Yup. Here’s a quick .mp4 of it.
> > >
> > > Weapon Spinning
> > >
> > > I assume the Sword is doing that.
> >
> > Yeah, it definitely looks like they’re golden until picked up. What’s the first gun, though?
>
> At first I thought it was a Battle Rifle but looking at it closer, I have no clue.

It looks a bit like the Scattershot, only thinner…

Wait, no, scrap that, it has a protruding top. Umm… Railgun? Binary Rifle? Light Rifle?

Yeah, Light Rifle. Perhaps buffed?

> > > > > Actually it appears like Power Weapons will be golden. You can see another instance of this at the end of the Halo 5 Beta ViDoc. Im sure they change to their normal colors once picked up, but they could be tinted golden to signify their importance. They also spin.
> > > >
> > > > Yup. Here’s a quick .mp4 of it.
> > > >
> > > > Weapon Spinning
> > > >
> > > > I assume the Sword is doing that.
> > >
> > > Yeah, it definitely looks like they’re golden until picked up. What’s the first gun, though?
> >
> > At first I thought it was a Battle Rifle but looking at it closer, I have no clue.
>
> It looks a bit like the Scattershot, only thinner…
>
> Wait, no, scrap that, it has a protruding top. Umm… Railgun? Binary Rifle?

Kinda looks like the shotgun.