The story, the mystery, the future…

The story of halo is the story of the human condition. It’s not about a single Cyborg and its AI companion. It’s about standing tall in the face of defeat. About feelings, emotions and duty. That is why we feel that we are part of the story. The Arbiter represents a side of us we rarely have to tap into. To be able to accept defeat and humiliation finding a sense of purpose only to discover that this too was misguided and in the end have enough sanity and courage to do the right thing by those you wronged. That my fellow Spartans is to be human! The perfect balance of story may have been broken when Bungie decided to kill SGT. Johnson, who embodied the human fighting spirit, only to bring it back with the inclusion of the ODST into the story line. So, I doubt 343 will repeat the same mistake of leaving out an essential part of what makes this story our story. The Arbiter and his duty to restore the " Elites Honor" is part of the story ever since that honor was lost starting with his inability to defend the Halo Ring in Halo CE. After all … redemption is also a human condition. The moment the Arbiter stabbed the prophet of truth from the back representing betrayal and squeezing his neck as to quiet his lies. I let out a scream “good for you”. It is at this point that the characters realize that, what made them enemies was no more. The lies and deception that forged this war had been silenced. This is why I would like to see all the characters that survived the first trilogy return to “find that which they have lost“. The Forerunners and there rings failed in ridding the universe from the flood. Perhaps this new friendship forged in battle will succeed where they could not… Having said this it would be nice to have a well balanced game that carries a good sense of story. To be able to play as or with characters in the next trilogy is a great thing only if it serves the purpose of furthering the story adding perspective. Not a “meanwhile back in the ranch” type of story that Halo 2 had. The story is what we want and like about the Halo Universe. Further proof of this is the need of world class authors and animators that have been attracted. If all I personally wanted out of gamming was a trigger squeeze and a pink cloud I would play COD, MW or any other mind numbing trigger happy “based on reality fantasy game”. NO! Bring back “ the Bees” ,The letters, the mystery. THE STORY. Not just the MASTER CHIEF….343i BRING THE UNIVERSE BACK! We will reward you for that.

Ok Spartans, what say you!