The Storm Rifle should be a power weapon

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT some five year old crying nerf.

I don’t know about you guys, bit I’m really good with the Storm Rifle. I hated it in Halo 4, but now I feel like a beast. On Plaza, it spawns A LOT and even if it’s up it can spawn, and there’s two different spawns. Every life I got a SR, and -Yoink!- was it OP. I don’t want it to be nerfed, I think it should be able to shoot more without overheating, but it should be like an Energy Sword in the sense that it isn’t indicated by your UI and only one/two people have it. What do you guys think?

I think power weapons are those weapons that are capable of exceptional damage in anyone’s hands. You being good with the Storm Rifle doesn’t make it a power weapon, it just makes it a weapon you’re good with.

I was very good with the Focus Rifle in Reach… Doesn’t really make it a power weapon though.

I don’t think there is any real reason to make it a power weapon or limit its accessibility on the battlefield. It’s good and it’s solid, but it doesn’t impact matches or define the meta in the same way that something like a sniper rifle or rocket launcher will.

Isn’t is supposed to be the Covenant version of the AR? Which would make it a basic weapon.

It IS a power weapon in Warzone…and its got too heavy a downside (that huge heat production rate and the long cooldown) that balances it out.

Can confirm I trade AR for SR, and pump the shots just so it doesn’t overheat before you get the kill.
Gun is finally good.

> 2533274907200114;6:
> It IS a power weapon in Warzone…and its got too heavy a downside (that huge heat production rate and the long cooldown) that balances it out.

I mean in Arena. I don’t play Warzone

> 2535460843083983;3:
> I was very good with the Focus Rifle in Reach… Doesn’t really make it a power weapon though.

I was under the impression that the Focus Rifle was a power weapon…

agreed, if you don’t time it correctly and in a closer range you get destroyed

> 2533274806857048;10:
> agreed, if you don’t time it correctly and in a closer range you get destroyed

Seriously? Please stop bumping dead threads

343 kind of treats it like a PW now. There’s only ever one on a map now and usually it’s in a very contestable, dangerous location. Like bottom middle on plaza.

Thing has a .8 TTK. It pretty much is a PW. I’d take on over a shotgun or scattershot any day.

Please, watch those time stamps. Say no to necroposting.