The Stats of all the weapons of the beta

I guess since no one has found anytime to do the stats on the weapons due to no custom games or AFC’s to test on, I decided to do it myself and find out for myself. As luck may have it I had a game were all my teammates got disconnected but there were only 2 players on the enemy team who were both unresponsive. I found it the perfect opportunity to test the weapons of the sandbox excluding power weapons so here are the results

Assault Rifle : TTK 1.1-1.3 (varies depending on range and shot placement)

Bullets to kill : 10-14 depending on were they hit. (All body shots 14, shielded body shots but unshielded headshots 12, all headshots 10)

Battle Rifle: TTK 1.2-1.6 ( headshot vs body shots accounting for the spread)

Bullets to kill: 11-18 depending on shot placement

SMG: TTK 0.8-1.0 (varies on range and shot placements)

bullets to kill: 14-17 ( Headshot do increased damage like the AR but are very hard to get consistently)

DMR: TTK 1.3-1.5 ( Headshot vs bodyshot)

bullets to kill : 5-7

Magnum: TTK 1.2-1.4 ( headshot vs bodyshot)

bullets to kill: 5-7

Now for some curious facts and statictics on the weapons

• All weapons except for the BR get red hit markers when they hit the head which causes increased damage to shielded targets. While it doesn’t change to optimium TTK on the Mg or DMR the increased damage could end up killing someone who is not at 100% shields faster. The same case for the AR and SMG- AR is the only weapon with continuing vertical recoil in and out of Smart Scope. And despite the tighting of the spread the recoil is still present and sustained fire is only effective at 5-15 meters. Burst firing and crouching reduces the recoil.- The Spread of the AR isn’t as wild as it may seem. The concern for ramdomness due to the headshot multiplyer is not as bad considering the reticule is similar to the BRs spread pattern. Both of their reticles are similar in size. - For the first time since Halo CE, the aiming reticule is back in the center instead of the lower center combined with a wider field of view.- The SMG and Pistol have the faster melee animations then the AR, BR or DMR.- In addition to the “Perfect Kill” medal, there is a " Spray and Pray" medal for long range kills with the AR and SMG. Ironic considering you shouldn’t be going full auto to achive those medals.

Nice work, useful stuff here!

Hmm… I wonder if they’ve changed anything with the post-beta build.

Possible. I heard they are reducing the headshot damage of the AR and SMG towards the end of the Beta due to feed back. I think people didn’t like that the AR was a decent weapon again and not liking the “unskilled” spray and prayers actually doing well against the BR in medium range

They’ve already stated that they’re tweaking the AR and SMG, no headshot bonus. The SMG was kinda OP in the beta

> 2533274932437469;5:
> They’ve already stated that they’re tweaking the AR and SMG, no headshot bonus. The SMG was kinda OP in the beta

They said reduced, not removed. And that’s fine by me. an AR with viable stats at medium range is a good thing, IMO. And the SMG wasn’t OP at all. Just a quick finisher. The only thing I’d do is make it so multipliers only apply whilst scoped. That way, you reward precision, and don’t have to deal with random damage bursts in full auto.

> 2533274932540799;6:
> > 2533274932437469;5:
> > They’ve already stated that they’re tweaking the AR and SMG, no headshot bonus. The SMG was kinda OP in the beta
>
>
> They said reduced, not removed. And that’s fine by me. an AR with viable stats at medium range is a good thing, IMO. And the SMG wasn’t OP at all. Just a quick finisher. The only thing I’d do is make it so multipliers only apply whilst scoped. That way, you reward precision, and don’t have to deal with random damage bursts in full auto.

No, that is wrong on so many levels…
ADS already improves the weapons accuracy, making weapons more effectiv when using ADS would be an huge leap into the wrong direction…

> 2533274801973487;7:
> > 2533274932540799;6:
> > > 2533274932437469;5:
> > > They’ve already stated that they’re tweaking the AR and SMG, no headshot bonus. The SMG was kinda OP in the beta
> >
> >
> > They said reduced, not removed. And that’s fine by me. an AR with viable stats at medium range is a good thing, IMO. And the SMG wasn’t OP at all. Just a quick finisher. The only thing I’d do is make it so multipliers only apply whilst scoped. That way, you reward precision, and don’t have to deal with random damage bursts in full auto.
>
>
> No, that is wrong on so many levels…
> ADS already improves the weapons accuracy, making weapons more effectiv when using ADS would be an huge leap into the wrong direction…

DARTH CEDIOUS, tips fedora

> 2533274974596436;3:
> Hmm… I wonder if they’ve changed anything with the post-beta build.

of course.