The sprint, and some guns

I am neutral about sprinting, but for this entry I dont see the point, it was balanced to cater to people who don’t like sprint, which is good, but sprinting is like the same speed as running and you can shoot immediately out of sprint. Why not just cut sprint out at that point. Its there just to solely keep slide in, out of my like 20 games so far i haven’t slid once.

Heatwave does no damage, and I feel like should just shoot faster instead of doing more damage so you can actually take advantage of the piercing ability, its not everyday people line up perfectly and dont want to miss the chance because it shoots too slow.

Even though it’s only slightly faster, sprint allows you to slide and jump further, plus it then becomes more accessible and less of a turn off to people coming from games like CoD

> 2535455681930574;2:
> Even though it’s only slightly faster, sprint allows you to slide and jump further, plus it then becomes more accessible and less of a turn off to people coming from games like CoD

Never realized those, I was just conflicted if sprint is useless in Infinite.

I’ve been playing since CE and still don’t understand why kids cry so much about sprint. It’s almost like they just want it taken out just because BuNGEE didn’t have it in H3. Sprint is and forever will be a Halo gameplay mechanic here on out. It’s essential now.

I HATE the sliding but sprint is fine the way it is or make it like 5-10% faster if anything but sliding needs to get taken out or reworked IMO. People say sprint needs to be wayyyy faster but i disagree it shouldnt be too fast paced

Tbh since I’ve played all entry’s I think the sprint is fine. It almost makes no change to gameplay. But looks cool doing it. Gives you a sense of speed even though its like 9% faster. And the sliding isn’t game breaking. I’ve barely noticed anybody doing it unless it’s to get to the power weapons that tiny bit faster. I think the mix of halo 3 and 5 is great. Not perfect. But great

Yep, the sprint in this game is made to please those who are against sprint, and is there to give the sprint illusion to those who are for sprint. It’s irritating, get rid of it. I love sprint in Halo but make Infinite without sprint at all.
Everyone keep saying 10%, but it’s 3%. utterly pointless.

Like the other thread, I think Sprint is in a great spot. Halo Reach / Halo 3 feel and less Halo 5; which is good imo.

Heatwave and other guns are really good; just have to get used to the different methods of using them against players / bots. It feels bad because these bots can snipe you across the map with pistols, tag team you like no other, and bop and weave like someone using hot keys.

I hope more of the guns are like heatwave, but uh it looks like they have a lot of tuning to do.

Prolly needs a slight buff but feels like it’s in to maintain some of the advanced movement from 5 (long jumps, slide hopping and what-have-you).
If sprints in there should prolly be a bit more of a divide between walking and sprinting.

Sprint in my opinion could use a buff, maybe sprint speeds be affected by the type of weapon you have active, maybe a wall bounce mechanic for example. Maybe also adding an additonal mechanic that require the player to be sprinting to wall bounce (once).

On an unrelated note, one of my pals was talking about thrusters been seen or mentioned in the context of Halo Infinite. He didn’t point me to any sources but I think it’d be an interesting pickup (Maybe without the lethal abilities).