The spire is more important than a 25vp boss!

Every game where I play on aphex with randoms, I’ve always seen almost my entire team, run for the 25vp boss over the spire, like seriously, what comes to mind, “Hmm lets see, important base, boss that wont matter, important base, boss that wont matter, ok, yep, lets go for the boss”

My last game, I cleared out the spire with a ghost, we started capping, then i realised, there was only 3 of us on top of the spire, everyone went for the boss or doing god knows what…

Why do people do this?

EDIT:
There are people who are saying 25vp bosses are more important, that just answers my question, “Why do people do this?”, because… they don’t know how the game works… If you come to a close game at the end of a game, then sure, 25vp bosses are important, but the spire is the most important at the start and possibly mid game, bases gives you points, more than 25vp, and spire/fortress/monument is in the direct middle of the map, it gives your team a HUGE advantage. One ghost boss that takes way too long to kill isn’t going to do anything compared with the middle and most important base.
And when I see why team all run to the ghost, and then nothing else later in the game… just confuses me on how people think this game type is played

> 2533274942042829;1:
> Every game where I play on aphex with randoms, I’ve always seen almost my entire team, run for the 25vp boss over the spire, like seriously, what comes to mind, “Hmm lets see, important base, boss that wont matter, important base, boss that wont matter, ok, yep, lets go for the boss”
>
> My last game, I cleared out the spire with a ghost, we started capping, then i realised, there was only 3 of us on top of the spire, everyone went for the boss or doing god knows what…
>
> Why do people do this?

They don’t know how to play well, or they don’t care. If they get the boss, it’s an instant REQ level boost, which is why many people do it. They want to get their BR out, they want to get their DMR sooner rather than later etc. I’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve lost Spire because we needed another man or two up there. It’s most frustrating when you’ve 90% captured it and get stopped and it gets reset.

But then if you want to play well, find a decent team and use a mic. Don’t just play solo and expect everyone to know what to do.

I’ve seen games that have come very close, almost 20VP between the winners and the losers. The bosses are just as important as the bases. So saying that they don’t matter is very inaccurate.

> 2552039788849114;3:
> I’ve seen games that have come very close, almost 20VP between the winners and the losers. The bosses are just as important as the bases. So saying that they don’t matter is very inaccurate.

Yes, but 95% of the time, it wont be that close

It’s much easier to kill the hunters with a sword to the back. That’s why some go for the elites

I like killing the NPCs

> 2533274819580184;5:
> It’s much easier to kill the hunters with a sword to the back. That’s why some go for the elites

This.

In most of my matches there, the Hunters are still very much alive by the time a friend and I take out the Zealot Assassin. We then get swords and rush the Hunters and start to take over the Spire.

Can only do that for a few more days though. Warzone Boss Refresh will probably change that up.

> 2552039788849114;3:
> I’ve seen games that have come very close, almost 20VP between the winners and the losers. The bosses are just as important as the bases. So saying that they don’t matter is very inaccurate.

Some facts you may not be aware of:

You get one point per base every 5 seconds, so a 25VP boss is 125 seconds of base time, or 2 minutes and 5 seconds. So it’s worth holding that base.

The Spire is the centre of the map, allows you to choose where you spawn and helps the entire team control the map, which in turn helps you get more bosses and more kills.

The OP did not say that the bosses do not matter, he is talking about the start of the game.

It only takes a couple of spartans to get the initial 25VP boss, so the OP is right - you should prioritise the Spire, at least 10 of your team should be rushing it. Well, that’s if you’d like to actually win. Chances are you’ll get your 25VP boss anyway, but losing the Spire early on is not a good thing.

Here’s the deal, if 343 is going to marginalize BTB, we really just need a Warzone slayer mode, straight 12 v 12 no, objectives

This made me laugh because usually I’m the only one running for the elite (usually the enemy’s one) then cut over and get ours. Never see a single person.

> 2533274907732220;9:
> Here’s the deal, if 343 is going to marginalize BTB, we really just need a Warzone slayer mode, straight 12 v 12 no, objectives

Warzone Assault is not that different from slayer. WZA is very fun when you learn how to play it - even solo. Some games are blowout matches, but that can be said for every game mode.

> 2582197822075686;7:
> > 2533274819580184;5:
> > It’s much easier to kill the hunters with a sword to the back. That’s why some go for the elites
>
>
> This.
>
> In most of my matches there, the Hunters are still very much alive by the time a friend and I take out the Zealot Assassin. We then get swords and rush the Hunters and start to take over the Spire.
>
> Can only do that for a few more days though. Warzone Boss Refresh will probably change that up.

I fear for this on some maps. Like on Apex, the ghost marauder is considered a tier 1 boss… but his ghost is entirely too tanky.

I dread situations where the planets might align and the enemy team rushes your base, you spawn home base and try to run back before they make the cap, then suddenly ghost marauder is there on the shoreline shooting you in the back.

> 2533274942042829;4:
> > 2552039788849114;3:
> > I’ve seen games that have come very close, almost 20VP between the winners and the losers. The bosses are just as important as the bases. So saying that they don’t matter is very inaccurate.
>
>
> Yes, but 95% of the time, it wont be that close

It probably wasn’t that close because your entire team missed out on the 25VP bosses. I’d say on average each team gets a chance to score about 150VP’s by doing that. You let the other team take 150 points that would have been yours and now it is theirs, that’s a 300 point swing. Those -Yoink- bosses are important. I think having any bosses at all is stupid. It’s literally a coin toss for most of the 150VP bosses.

> 2533274942042829;1:
> Every game where I play on aphex with randoms, I’ve always seen almost my entire team, run for the 25vp boss over the spire, like seriously, what comes to mind, “Hmm lets see, important base, boss that wont matter, important base, boss that wont matter, ok, yep, lets go for the boss”
>
> My last game, I cleared out the spire with a ghost, we started capping, then i realised, there was only 3 of us on top of the spire, everyone went for the boss or doing god knows what…
>
> Why do people do this?

I don’t go after the zealots very often, but at when the Ultra spawn I’ll be in my ghost giving my best effort to get both them and the two ghost bosses.

I do hate when people go after the elite that spawns in the tunnel behind the armory on ARC when we either A: Haven’t captured the garage and are still battling for it or B: When I’m am fighting a frivolous and pointless battle to try and hold the armory solo against a full team.

I’d like to have warzone a objective in a btb style of map with out reqs. Less chaos more team work.

> 2533274834440271;11:
> > 2533274907732220;9:
> > Here’s the deal, if 343 is going to marginalize BTB, we really just need a Warzone slayer mode, straight 12 v 12 no, objectives
>
>
> Warzone Assault is not that different from slayer. WZA is very fun when you learn how to play it - even solo. Some games are blowout matches, but that can be said for every game mode.

WZA is pretty much all i play but it doesn’t feel like BTB

> 2533274792641480;2:
> > 2533274942042829;1:
> > Every game where I play on aphex with randoms, I’ve always seen almost my entire team, run for the 25vp boss over the spire, like seriously, what comes to mind, “Hmm lets see, important base, boss that wont matter, important base, boss that wont matter, ok, yep, lets go for the boss”
> >
> > My last game, I cleared out the spire with a ghost, we started capping, then i realised, there was only 3 of us on top of the spire, everyone went for the boss or doing god knows what…
> >
> > Why do people do this?
>
>
> They don’t know how to play well, or they don’t care. If they get the boss, it’s an instant REQ level boost, which is why many people do it. They want to get their BR out, they want to get their DMR sooner rather than later etc. I’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve lost Spire because we needed another man or two up there. It’s most frustrating when you’ve 90% captured it and get stopped and it gets reset.
>
> But then if you want to play well, find a decent team and use a mic. Don’t just play solo and expect everyone to know what to do.

actually, that 25vp boss, IS more important then spire. it gives your team an instant 25 points. spire gives you no points, and you don’t capitalize one having spire capped if your team can’t kill real players,

this gametype plays like “control” in destiny, your points do not go up, untill you get a kill. not time held. so you giving up that 25 point boss, will def bite you in the butt.(if the game is a nail bitter)

there is a reason people who camp spire and get 30 kills, end up mid/bottom of the teams leaderboard. while someone who goes 12-26, ends up on top. because that person who went 12 and 26, happened to get 5 boss kills, that is 125 points towards total team score, while the person with 30 kills, only give the team, 60 points (if you have two points capped)

Edit: i have been part of games, that came down to 25 point bosses, even after warden was taken done. so don’t say the bosses don’t matter.

> 2533274827519891;17:
> > 2533274792641480;2:
> > > 2533274942042829;1:
> > > Every game where I play on aphex with randoms, I’ve always seen almost my entire team, run for the 25vp boss over the spire, like seriously, what comes to mind, “Hmm lets see, important base, boss that wont matter, important base, boss that wont matter, ok, yep, lets go for the boss”
> > >
> > > My last game, I cleared out the spire with a ghost, we started capping, then i realised, there was only 3 of us on top of the spire, everyone went for the boss or doing god knows what…
> > >
> > > Why do people do this?
> >
> >
> > They don’t know how to play well, or they don’t care. If they get the boss, it’s an instant REQ level boost, which is why many people do it. They want to get their BR out, they want to get their DMR sooner rather than later etc. I’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve lost Spire because we needed another man or two up there. It’s most frustrating when you’ve 90% captured it and get stopped and it gets reset.
> >
> > But then if you want to play well, find a decent team and use a mic. Don’t just play solo and expect everyone to know what to do.
>
>
> actually, that 25vp boss, IS more important then spire. it gives your team an instant 25 points. spire gives you no points, and you don’t capitalize one having spire capped if your team can’t kill real players,
>
> this gametype plays like “control” in destiny, your points do not go up, untill you get a kill. not time held. so you giving up that 25 point boss, will def bite you in the butt.(if the game is a nail bitter)
>
> there is a reason people who camp spire and get 30 kills, end up mid/bottom of the teams leaderboard. while someone who goes 12-26, ends up on top. because that person who went 12 and 26, happened to get 5 boss kills, that is 125 points towards total team score, while the person with 30 kills, only give the team, 60 points (if you have two points capped)

You do realize holding a base gives you a point for every five seconds held, right? They do give points. And a spawn point that’s in the center of the map.

> 2533274942042829;1:
>
>
> Why do people do this?

This is why you need to get on your mic and be a leader

> 2533274827519891;17:
> > 2533274792641480;2:
> > > 2533274942042829;1:
> > > Every game where I play on aphex with randoms, I’ve always seen almost my entire team, run for the 25vp boss over the spire, like seriously, what comes to mind, “Hmm lets see, important base, boss that wont matter, important base, boss that wont matter, ok, yep, lets go for the boss”
> > >
> > > My last game, I cleared out the spire with a ghost, we started capping, then i realised, there was only 3 of us on top of the spire, everyone went for the boss or doing god knows what…
> > >
> > > Why do people do this?
> >
> >
> > They don’t know how to play well, or they don’t care. If they get the boss, it’s an instant REQ level boost, which is why many people do it. They want to get their BR out, they want to get their DMR sooner rather than later etc. I’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve lost Spire because we needed another man or two up there. It’s most frustrating when you’ve 90% captured it and get stopped and it gets reset.
> >
> > But then if you want to play well, find a decent team and use a mic. Don’t just play solo and expect everyone to know what to do.
>
>
> actually, that 25vp boss, IS more important then spire. it gives your team an instant 25 points. spire gives you no points, and you don’t capitalize one having spire capped if your team can’t kill real players,
>
> this gametype plays like “control” in destiny, your points do not go up, untill you get a kill. not time held. so you giving up that 25 point boss, will def bite you in the butt.(if the game is a nail bitter)
>
> there is a reason people who camp spire and get 30 kills, end up mid/bottom of the teams leaderboard. while someone who goes 12-26, ends up on top. because that person who went 12 and 26, happened to get 5 boss kills, that is 125 points towards total team score, while the person with 30 kills, only give the team, 60 points (if you have two points capped)
>
> Edit: i have been part of games, that came down to 25 point bosses, even after warden was taken done. so don’t say the bosses don’t matter.

Hi, firstly no need to put half of your post in bold. It doesn’t make it any more valid.

Secondly, please don’t make up nonsense, nobody has said that bosses don’t matter.

Lastly - no offence but I’ve checked your record and think I’ll be sticking to my strategy. But thanks anyway.