The Spectre Shouldn't Come Back

I think the spectre is a great vehicle but i feel 343 could do so much more with a covenant warthog than the spectre my ideal covenant warthog would probably be counter to the razorback or something with less capacity but more firepower maybe with 3 guns each controlled by a player 2 plasma cannons and 1 mortar like the revenant (probably controlled by the driver) and i feel that if 343 adds the spectre its just going to be a lazy copy with no unique features and then everyone who didn’t want it would get upset so i feel a new vehicle would make both sides at-least not hate it.

I think the spectre could have a cool role as a defensive multi trooped vehicle. Bare with me because this idea varies a bit away from its original design, but I think it still fits the niche of being a covenant multi troop vehicle and would still feel like a spectre.

Slow the spectre down but keep the boost. Make the turret have a toggle that makes it shoot really fast but burn up energy and overheat. Put the fast fire rate on cooldown. Let the driver press and hold a button to go into defensive mode. This mode grounds the spectre and allows him to charge a super boost so when he gets out of defensive mode he can move really quick and splatter those who try to hijack.

Defensive mode would activate small shields that cover the 2 passengers on the side. It also enables the side passengers to scan and mark enemies. If enemies are marked the turret has small heat seeking shots on those. This gives everybody a unique role and play style. The gunner gets to chose when to unleash his burst of high power. The driver gets to chose the location to activate defensive mode and charge his super boost.
The side passengers get to mark enemies and perhaps allow them to access a high precision low damage needle rifle weapon only when in defensive mode.The weakness of this is being grounded in defense mode and overall move speed. Warthog is utility and can be used both ways so it has a different role than the spectre.

> 2533274998823536;2:
> I think the spectre could have a cool role as a defensive multi trooped vehicle. Bare with me because this idea varies a bit away from its original design, but I think it still fits the niche of being a covenant multi troop vehicle and would still feel like a spectre.
>
> Slow the spectre down but keep the boost. Make the turret have a toggle that makes it shoot really fast but burn up energy and overheat. Put the fast fire rate on cooldown. Let the driver press and hold a button to go into defensive mode. This mode grounds the spectre and allows him to charge a super boost so when he gets out of defensive mode he can move really quick and splatter those who try to hijack.
>
> Defensive mode would activate small shields that cover the 2 passengers on the side. It also enables the side passengers to scan and mark enemies. If enemies are marked the turret has small heat seeking shots on those. This gives everybody a unique role and play style. The gunner gets to chose when to unleash his burst of high power. The driver gets to chose the location to activate defensive mode and charge his super boost.
> The side passengers get to mark enemies and perhaps allow them to access a high precision low damage needle rifle weapon only when in defensive mode.The weakness of this is being grounded in defense mode and overall move speed. Warthog is utility and can be used both ways so it has a different role than the spectre.

So basically the Spectre can be a mobile gun emplacement? Allowing it to pin down locations and provide suppressive fire without being very vulnerable to flanking maneuvers?

You shut your heretical mouth. The Spectre is an amazing vehicle. Although, it would need an update. Maybe a 360° main turret with 2 120° turrets on either side. Slower movement but far more stable than a warthog, less prone to flipping. Maybe even fully cover the driver.

If you want to combine transport and guns you might as well bring back the Shadow.

I’d rather see locusts, gorgon and other more unusual transports than just a counter to unsc units.
If there was to be a new spectre style vehicle I’d rather it had a crazy utility like driving on walls or a built in man cannon that you can toll a fusion coil into aim and fire or send allies to objectives. Imagine the risk of loading up a fusion coil into a vehicle with 3 people on board and a sniper uses it to wreck the vehicle.
Or what if you had the option to spawn on one if the driver is in but the passanger(s) seats are not.

I’ve always been a firm believer that UNSC vehicles should be stronger, but require multiple players to operate, while Covenant vehicles should be weaker, but only require one player to fully utilize. It’s for that reason that I’m pro-Revenant over Spectre, Falcon over Hornet/Wasp, and want the Scorpion changed so that the driver controls the Machinegun, and the gunner gets the Cannon (with the wraith remaining as-is). I also prefer the Mongoose just be gun-less for the same reason.