The Soundtrack of Halo 5

Hi everyone. Ever since I began listening to the Halo 2 soundtrack again, it brought back cherished memories. Then I though of the composer, Martin O’Donnell, and how he was recently released from Bungie. Is there anyway he could return for the future Halo games, and bring back the element of Halo music to the game? Neil Davidge was great, and I even got his limited edition soundtrack vinyl.

So basically, what do you guys and ladies think? Should the epic composer make his return? Or maybe even partner with Neil?

Or should he just move on.

Marty is the best composer for Halo. I skimmed through a couple tracks from Halo 4 on youtube and nothing really stuck out besides 117.

Wow man, thanks for responding to this. Personally, I think it would be amazing to reunite Marty with Halo, and if we get enough people to request, it may be a possibility! All in time my good friend. In Amber Clad is probably my favorite track, so, epic.

Neil is out of 343. Jinnouchi, the one behind the masterpiece 117 , s the lead composer. I’d really like to see him join forces with O’Donnell to create the ultimate Halo soundtrack.

> 2533274875705074;2:
> Marty is the best composer for Halo. I skimmed through a couple tracks from Halo 4 on youtube and nothing really stuck out besides 117.

What? Arrival, Revival, Green and Blue, Sacrifice and Never Forget’s remix stuck pretty much for me. I keep hearing them in my head… I’m not crazy, am I?

> 2533274973373704;4:
> Neil is out of 343. Jinnouchi, the one behind the masterpiece 117 , s the lead composer. I’d really like to see him join forces with O’Donnell to create the ultimate Halo soundtrack.

Yes bro, I really hope they do! Listening to the older tracks really makes me emotional haha

> 2533274973373704;4:
> Neil is out of 343. Jinnouchi, the one behind the masterpiece 117 , s the lead composer. I’d really like to see him join forces with O’Donnell to create the ultimate Halo soundtrack.

On NeoGAF, Frank O’Connor said that Marty isn’t doing any music for Halo 5, and that the “vast, teeming bulk” of the music would be by Jinnouchi.

Halo 4’s soundtrack was good but it didn’t give me that sense of awe like Halo 1 - 3 did.

> 2533274824822009;7:
> > 2533274973373704;4:
> > Neil is out of 343. Jinnouchi, the one behind the masterpiece 117 , s the lead composer. I’d really like to see him join forces with O’Donnell to create the ultimate Halo soundtrack.
>
>
> On NeoGAF, Frank O’Connor said that Marty isn’t doing any music for Halo 5, and that the “vast, teeming bulk” of the music would be by Jinnouchi.

Hopefully Halo 6 then? I do think he’s working at 343 or Microsoft because he was in the Halo 2: Anniversary documentary “Remaking the Legend”.

Don’t get your hopes up. We have no idea what Marty currently wants to do, or even if he’d be able to return if he desired to. That being said, I agree that it would be spectacular if he came back to score some new masterpieces.

Martin O’Donnell >>> Neil Davidge

I want Martin O’Donnell back to Halo. Davidage isn’t bad but O’Donnell characterized the atmosphere of Halo and is the best composer of all times.

Marty already said he wants nothing to do with Halo, or video games for that matter.

> 2533274808984325;13:
> Marty already said he wants nothing to do with Halo, or video games for that matter.

Could you provide a citation, please?

> 2533274824822009;7:
> > 2533274973373704;4:
> > Neil is out of 343. Jinnouchi, the one behind the masterpiece 117 , s the lead composer. I’d really like to see him join forces with O’Donnell to create the ultimate Halo soundtrack.
>
> On NeoGAF, Frank O’Connor said that Marty isn’t doing any music for Halo 5, and that the “vast, teeming bulk” of the music would be by Jinnouchi.

> 2533274875705074;2:
> Marty is the best composer for Halo. I skimmed through a couple tracks from Halo 4 on youtube and nothing really stuck out besides 117.

Eh, I always thought Revival stuck out quite a bit. Could just be me, though.

> 2533274875705074;2:

I felt as though Halo 4’s soundtrack was alright, but it resembled something you’d hear in a summer Hollywood Blockbuster more than a Halo game, in my opinion. 117 is thrilling, but nothing else was impressive enough to make me want to buy the soundtrack. It felt as though Neil’s music was fairly shallow, and didn’t have much weight outside of the game. Conversely, Marty’s scores typically had a lot of nuance that allowed me to enjoy them endlessly. The mystique, the sense of scale and discovery. The air of ancientness. It immersed you in a feeling of awe. Then, when you would least expect it, you’d be tossed into a wild flurry of drums and guitar solos. It just worked flawlessly. And don’t even get me started on how great ODST’s soundtrack was - I could go on for hours.

> 2533274814959992;12:
> I want Martin O’Donnell back to Halo. Davidage isn’t bad but O’Donnell characterized the atmosphere of Halo and is the best composer of all times.

I can’t be the only one who finds it a little silly when people who obviously have very limited knowledge of music throw out terms like “best composer ever”.

In any case Marty O’Donnell did create some very good music. While I thought his work on 3 and Reach was very bland and uninspired, his previous work on CE, 2, and ODST was very good.

That said the last thing I would like to see 343 do is rehash old songs again and completely abandon the direction they went with Halo 4. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see the Halo theme actually be in a Halo game for the first time in forever, but I don’t want them to abuse it like Bungie used to.

Kazuma >>>> odonnel (still good)
davidage is good too but kazuma is the best

> 2533274809475040;14:
> > 2533274808984325;13:
> > Marty already said he wants nothing to do with Halo, or video games for that matter.
>
>
> Could you provide a citation, please?

You probably won’t trust me on this, because I have no citation, but I remember shortly after Bungie had fired Marty, there was an article about it and he said he didn’t want anything to do with Halo or video games at all.