The Solution to WZFF

Warzone Firefight has introduced a funny but serious issue, and that is community division. We all know “Free” content was marketed as a way to make sure no one is left in the dust in terms of content, and so 343 made sure Competitive and Social didn’t drift too far apart. A good example is the Ranking system. Play a game mode long enough and you are ranked, play casually and you might never hit the end of your qualifying rounds.

Now Warzone Firefight broke that whole system by being a one-for-all mode. We got the beta and provided feedback. The competitive community wasn’t satisfied with the difficulty and voiced their opinions, the casual group most likely enjoyed the balance and therefore had nothing negative to say regarding the mode. Of course, 343 heard more noise then silence and changed it up to satisfy what they HEARD as the majority. Now we have the current Firefight and as expected we are reversing the roles, competitive went silent and causal is starting to make some noise. Modifying what we have now, will bring no “Equal Grounds” in terms of this debate, it will get louder from both sides.

I feel like the majority of the community has never beaten the campaign in Legendary, most likely because they cant, and why would they, getting beaten over and over AND OVER is not fun, it is frustrating. Myself included, I enjoyed Legendary as a challenge, but this, this is a whole new level of difficulty. We have 4 difficulties to choose in Campaign, and that is why we don’t hear any noise from either Casual or Competitive. That is the solution, we need 2 versions. I think 343 should listen to the community and take note of our suggestions. Using the communities suggestions we can adjust Warzone Firefight to build a Social flavor of the mode. This way competitive players get the teammates they require, and casual players get the experience they desire.

Now that I think about it you are correct. I can play campaign as tough or easy as I want, depending on my mood. In arena I get matched against mostly similar skill so I rarely get dominated. Matches are competetive. Warzone has hidden matchmaking from what I hear, but even if not there are many objectives in regular warzone. You can expect to win about 50% of the games. Even in a bad game you can always headshot marines and feel like a rock star. FF has one level of difficulty. i hesitate to call it “hard”,it’s more frustrating and stacked against you than actually hard. If it was legitimately hard then skills and tactics would win. It’s artificially hard. I was hoping FF would be mindless fun. Maybe we will still get a fun “easy” version. I’m not looking for a mode to prove my (lack of) skills, arena is for that. I want to headshot grunts and blast things with a tank.

> 2535468812026872;2:
> Now that I think about it you are correct. I can play campaign as tough or easy as I want, depending on my mood. In arena I get matched against mostly similar skill so I rarely get dominated. Matches are competetive. Warzone has hidden matchmaking from what I hear, but even if not there are many objectives in regular warzone. You can expect to win about 50% of the games. Even in a bad game you can always headshot marines and feel like a rock star. FF has one level of difficulty. i hesitate to call it “hard”,it’s more frustrating and stacked against you than actually hard. If it was legitimately hard then skills and tactics would win. It’s artificially hard. I was hoping FF would be mindless fun. Maybe we will still get a fun “easy” version. I’m not looking for a mode to prove my (lack of) skills, arena is for that. I want to headshot grunts and blast things with a tank.

I like that you brought up the 50% win ratio for Warzone. It is apparent that 343 invested a lot of time in getting the formula right with Warzone, and I feel like the same can’t be said with Firefight. It feels more like a “Good Enough”.