The solution to all our problems

I came up with this idea (though it was accompanied with a slight rant and some clearly biased tones) in another thread, but I feel like it deserves a new one without any ranting. If this post is against the rules, I will happily take it down.

The solution to this is simple: release 2 games. Release a main game that is essentially Halo 2.5 or 3.5 and call it Halo 5: Guardians. Then make another game, similar to how Bungie did with ODST, where all these features like ground pound, sprint, changes to scoping, etc. can be tested and be proven to work on a conceptual level. Then, take a combination of what works from both games and put them in Halo 6. That is exactly what happened with firefight, which was loved by most people. My point is this- take these controversial features and put them in a game that essentially serves to be a long testing period for these things. That way, people who don’t like them (as of now) will be able to experiment with them without feeling like they are intruding on the definition of “Halo.” That way, everybody wins: the people who want change get it, the people who don’t want change get it, and 343i rakes in the cash.

Thoughts?

–Don’t start flame wars, and don’t insult people–

EDIT: Here’s another thought: would you be mad if they did this? After all, more Halo is still more Halo.

Oh, so Halo: Reach was just a “.5” of a normal Halo game?

My thought?

STOP WHINING. If you don’t want to play Halo 5 there’s four other ones for you to enjoy right now on Xbox One.

> 2533274813758308;2:
> Oh, so Halo: Reach was just a “.5” of a normal Halo game?
>
> My thought?
>
> STOP WHINING. If you don’t want to play Halo 5 there’s four other ones for you to enjoy right now on Xbox One.

I said Halo: Reach was a .5 of a game? where?

and whining? I didn’t even put a stance… In fact, rather than complaining about anything I gave a solution… Please use logic over emotion.

or… or… how about we just play the beta, see what works, what does not work. Provide feedback. And then just get a polished Halo 5.

People already have access to Halo 2.5 in the form of Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. Remaster some more maps and you can satisfy the classic fans. Guardians is returning Halo to its roots. Reach and 4 introduced non equal starts and armor abilities. Instead of players being on equal footing it became a game of rock paper scissors. We have equal starts back, power weapons on static location and timers, no ordnance, no custom loadouts,and no armor abilities. The Spartan Abilities are something everyone has access to no choosing which one you are going to spawn with. Smart Scope is just a reskin of zoom and the new movement abilities have the potential to greatly increase the skill gap.

> 2610345319735860;4:
> or… or… how about we just play the beta, see what works, what does not work. Provide feedback. And then just get a polished Halo 5.

Because then we have a compromise that nobody likes. Purists are angry that features are there, and people advocating for change are angry that features are no longer there. The side game would be a way to slowly do that, without anyone sacrificiing anything.

> 2533274829843842;5:
> People already have access to Halo 2.5 in the form of Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. Remaster some more maps and you can satisfy the classic fans. Guardians is returning Halo to its roots. Reach and 4 introduced non equal starts and armor abilities. Instead of players being on equal footing it became a game of rock paper scissors. We have equal starts back, power weapons on static location and timers, no ordnance, no custom loadouts,and no armor abilities. The Spartan Abilities are something everyone has access to no choosing which one you are going to spawn with. Smart Scope is just a reskin of zoom and the new movement abilities have the potential to greatly increase the skill gap.

Halo 2A is a good remake, and a good game, but like you said, there aren’t enough maps. And besides, shouldn’t there be completely new maps as well? And how about new weapons? And new vehicles? It’s a good game, but it isn’t a full game. If they made a full classic game and a game similar to how Halo 5 looks now, everyone is happy. Would you complain if they did that? As far as the other statements you made, they are off topic; this isn’t the thread to discuss what does or doesn’t work, but rather how to find that out.

> 2533274840212973;3:
> > 2533274813758308;2:
> > Oh, so Halo: Reach was just a “.5” of a normal Halo game?
> >
> > My thought?
> >
> > STOP WHINING. If you don’t want to play Halo 5 there’s four other ones for you to enjoy right now on Xbox One.
>
>
> I said Halo: Reach was a .5 of a game? where?
>
> and whining? I didn’t even put a stance… In fact, rather than complaining about anything I gave a solution… Please use logic over emotion.

Hold up, how is Reach any different from your logic for having ODST “3.5”? And you are clearly whining otherwise you wouldn’t have such a well-thought “solution” to a game you haven’t even played before.

Or they could go with the much more cost-effective and all around better solution, and make all new additions from here on out, optional and playlist segregated.

> 2533274813758308;7:
> > 2533274840212973;3:
> > > 2533274813758308;2:
> > > Oh, so Halo: Reach was just a “.5” of a normal Halo game?
> > >
> > > My thought?
> > >
> > > STOP WHINING. If you don’t want to play Halo 5 there’s four other ones for you to enjoy right now on Xbox One.
> >
> >
> >
> > I said Halo: Reach was a .5 of a game? where?
> >
> > and whining? I didn’t even put a stance… In fact, rather than complaining about anything I gave a solution… Please use logic over emotion.
>
>
> Hold up, how is Reach any different from your logic for having ODST “3.5”? And you are clearly whining otherwise you wouldn’t have such a well-thought “solution” to a game you haven’t even played before.

I think you are confused. Like I said, use logic over emotion. In this analogy, Halo 3 is the Halo 5, ODST is the side project to introduce features, and Halo: Reach is the Halo 6. And this isn’t a solution for the game; its a solution for us. And whining would be me coming on here and just complaining. There is a difference between constructive and destructive criticism, and it would serve you well to learn it.

> 2533274812399557;8:
> Or they could go with the much more cost-effective and all around better solution, and make all new additions from here on out, optional and playlist segregated.

I disagree that its more cost effective- they would obviously do it on the same engine, and probably even use most of the same skins. Like I said, think Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. As far as being better, it is impossible for me to counterpoint you if you don’t provide an argument. And to make new playlists like you suggest would heavily fracture the community, further driving a wedge between the two groups. Remember, we stopped segregation in the real world because there is no such thing as “seperate, but equal.” This idea would allow those who hate the ideas at the moment to slowly warm up to them. Such drastic change over such a short time is what is causing this to happen, so let it happen slowly.