The Sniper

Does anyone actually like the Sniper for Competitive Gameplay?

I mean really it is like an aimbot, automatic headshots the ease of aiming with it is ridiculous IMO.

Also, from a distance Spartans are so small in this game you can’t even see the person killing you, am I the only one with this opinion or do others agree?

I hate how it takes out vehicles. Why did they add this, again? The main-line Vehicles are weak enough already, and there’s plenty of Anti-vehicular weaponry out there.

The sniper isnt what it used to be as far there being a huge gap between the best and worst users. from a competitive standpoint it really is just a reward for map control (even though it normally spawns in a team’s base) that can be used effectively by anyone who picks it up.

I actually really liked the halo 3 sniper on LAN. It wasn’t impossible to use, but the best players were filthy with it and lesser skilled players had less of an effect on the map

> I hate how it takes out vehicles. Why did they add this, again? The main-line Vehicles are weak enough already, and there’s plenty of Anti-vehicular weaponry out there.

Oh yeah that too, Sniper is way overpowered.

> The sniper isnt what it used to be as far there being a huge gap between the best and worst users. from a competitive standpoint it really is just a reward for map control (even though it normally spawns in a team’s base) that can be used effectively by anyone who picks it up.
>
> I actually really liked the halo 3 sniper on LAN. It wasn’t impossible to use, but the best players were filthy with it and lesser skilled players had less of an effect on the map

Yea i guess the sniper in Reach should spawn in the middle of maps like rockets or make it harder to use with an increase of movement speeds.

Yes. There is really nothing to substitute long ranged gameplay. The focus rifle is certainly no substitute…

> Yes. There is really nothing to substitute long ranged gameplay. The focus rifle is certainly no substitute…

Which is why they should have never taken out the Beam Rifle! Honestly, this is one more reason why I despise Invasion Slayer. Spartan’s have better… everything, except the Banshee.

I like the Focus Rifle being in the game. It is the power fullauto weapon. Whether the Beam needed removing… Not sure.

I can see their logic behind the swap from Beam to Focus Rifle. The Beam Rifle was nothing more than a plasma version of the UNSC counterpart. Not very original. Only problem with the Focus Rifle is that it’s damn near useless. Very rarely will you get a kill on anyone good with it.

Think anti-vehicle or large groups. It’s more about knowing the oppourtune moment than it is skillfully wagging it around :wink:

I dislike the effect connection has on it. I know I’ve melted guys for a full burn, yet barely got the kill. Other times, I get swiped by it and my shields are gone. Another swipe and I’m dead. It’s one thing when I know I’ve been tracked, but to be swiped and die so quickly, I can only guess that it’s the people using DSL or medium/highpacket loss connections that make it hard to kill.

> Think anti-vehicle or large groups. It’s more about knowing the oppourtune moment than it is skillfully wagging it around :wink:
>
> I dislike the effect connection has on it. I know I’ve melted guys for a full burn, yet barely got the kill. Other times, I get swiped by it and my shields are gone. Another swipe and I’m dead. It’s one thing when I know I’ve been tracked, but to be swiped and die so quickly, I can only guess that it’s the people using DSL or medium/highpacket loss connections that make it hard to kill.

I think it does more damage for hitting the head.

> > Think anti-vehicle or large groups. It’s more about knowing the oppourtune moment than it is skillfully wagging it around :wink:
> >
> > I dislike the effect connection has on it. I know I’ve melted guys for a full burn, yet barely got the kill. Other times, I get swiped by it and my shields are gone. Another swipe and I’m dead. It’s one thing when I know I’ve been tracked, but to be swiped and die so quickly, I can only guess that it’s the people using DSL or medium/highpacket loss connections that make it hard to kill.
>
> I think it does more damage for hitting the head.

I suspect since its hit scan “sweeping” counts as a lot of hits, not unlike to how sweep sniping works

It wasn’t my thing but I was a beast Sniper, I could get ricochet headshots like nothing.

In Reach I seem to only get Sniper headshots when I am jumping around no scoped. I think its alot harder honestly.

I just hate how bullets damage vehicles mostly (especially Sniper).

> It wasn’t my thing but I was a beast Sniper, I could get ricochet headshots like nothing.
>
> In Reach I seem to only get Sniper headshots when I am jumping around no scoped. I think its alot harder honestly.
>
> I just hate how bullets damage vehicles mostly (especially Sniper).

notsureifsrs…

The Reach sniper is certainly easier, the head hitboxes are just enormous and the player movement speed/low jump height only compounds this.

And somehow I doubt you got “ricochet headshots like nothing.” those, in my experience were just luck. If you are in a position to line up a ricochet headshot, you are just wasting time and ammo