The Sniper Rifle in Halo 5...

It’s broken.
It takes no skill to use.
The aim assist and bullet magnetism is ridiculous.
Remember back when sniping in Halo took skill?
Apparently those days are gone.
I’m being shot round corners and it’s not my imagination, it’s not my connection, it’s the bullet magnetism.

Let’s look at sniping in Halo 3.
Very little if ANY bullet magnetism.
Why was that changed so much?
To…if you’re just slightly near the person when aiming…it hits.
This game should take skill… not just random aiming.

It is easier to snipe in Halo 5 because of the movement and spartan abilities.

> 2533274801019054;2:
> It is easier to snipe in Halo 5 because of the movement and spartan abilities.

Along with it being hitscan and having hardcore magnetism… but then we look at halo 3, while the sniper did have slight magnetism it was projectile just like the BR in halo 3 so it took actual skill to get kills.

> 2533274801019054;2:
> It is easier to snipe in Halo 5 because of the movement and spartan abilities.

Regardless of Spartan Abilities…sniping should take skill.

Yeah the sniper is a pretty easy to use weapon in this game.

Halo 3s sniper was great. it was one of the only weapons in the game that took skill to use.

Now you have everyone and their grandma hitting no scopes like they are Snipedown.

In all honesty I know people say the h5 sniper is the easiest to use, but I swear it’s the only one I can’t use even with it being so much “easier”. I use to be able to snap shot a lot more in 3, reach and h4 but h5 not so much.

> 2533274879407634;3:
> > 2533274801019054;2:
> > It is easier to snipe in Halo 5 because of the movement and spartan abilities.
>
>
> Along with it being hitscan and having hardcore magnetism… but then we look at halo 3, while the sniper did have slight magnetism it was projectile just like the BR in halo 3 so it took actual skill to get kills.

The increased bullet magnetism is there because of the spartan abilities and sprint. They can affect the game a lot more than just giving the perception of moving faster… which is why those “if you don’t like sprint don’t sprint” arguments are so painful to read.

I’ve always been terrible at sniping, so I don’t see much of a difference. I still can’t hit people very well. Though I do remember being much better at H3 team snipers. Maybe I’ve just gotten worse.

I was playing customs with my brother, cousin, and best friend and we were playing duck hunt. My brother has barely ever played Halo and was never very good at it and I mean he was below average. You’d never be able to tell though because it seems anyone can rip head shots easily with the Halo 5 sniper because despite us sliding and having two thruster pack uses with increased base speed he could still dome us one after the other.

And I thought sniping in Reach and 4 were easy…

> 2533274831961512;9:
> I was playing customs with my brother, cousin, and best friend and we were playing duck hunt. My brother has barely ever played Halo and was never very good at it and I mean he was below average. You’d never be able to tell though because it seems anyone can rip head shots easily with the Halo 5 sniper because despite us sliding and having two thruster pack uses with increased base speed he could still dome us one after the other.
>
> And I thought sniping in Reach and 4 were easy…

Sniping in duck hunt at that long of a range is super easy and it would be easy in any halo game.

> 2533274857915830;10:
> > 2533274831961512;9:
> > I was playing customs with my brother, cousin, and best friend and we were playing duck hunt. My brother has barely ever played Halo and was never very good at it and I mean he was below average. You’d never be able to tell though because it seems anyone can rip head shots easily with the Halo 5 sniper because despite us sliding and having two thruster pack uses with increased base speed he could still dome us one after the other.
> >
> > And I thought sniping in Reach and 4 were easy…
>
>
> Sniping in duck hunt at that long of a range is super easy and it would be easy in any halo game.

Except in Halo 3 you’d actually have to have the reticule on their head…lol.

> 2533274857915830;10:
> > 2533274831961512;9:
> > I was playing customs with my brother, cousin, and best friend and we were playing duck hunt. My brother has barely ever played Halo and was never very good at it and I mean he was below average. You’d never be able to tell though because it seems anyone can rip head shots easily with the Halo 5 sniper because despite us sliding and having two thruster pack uses with increased base speed he could still dome us one after the other.
> >
> > And I thought sniping in Reach and 4 were easy…
>
>
> Sniping in duck hunt at that long of a range is super easy and it would be easy in any halo game.

Except when my reticule wasn’t on their head in previous Halo games I’d miss whereas Halo 5 I am still just randomly awarded a headshot. It was so easy we resulted to snapshotting and we were still hitting way too reliably. The Halo 4 and 5 snipers are ridiculously easy to use because they suffer from the huge amounts of magnetism Halo 4 and 5 give for the weapons being hitscan. It’s like the H2A sniper. That thing basically aimed itself.

> 2533274924290830;11:
> > 2533274857915830;10:
> > > 2533274831961512;9:
> > > I was playing customs with my brother, cousin, and best friend and we were playing duck hunt. My brother has barely ever played Halo and was never very good at it and I mean he was below average. You’d never be able to tell though because it seems anyone can rip head shots easily with the Halo 5 sniper because despite us sliding and having two thruster pack uses with increased base speed he could still dome us one after the other.
> > >
> > > And I thought sniping in Reach and 4 were easy…
> >
> >
> > Sniping in duck hunt at that long of a range is super easy and it would be easy in any halo game.
>
>
> Except in Halo 3 you’d actually have to have the reticule on their head…lol.

Which would be easy to do in the other games AT THAT RANGE since there were no spartan abilities…

> 2533274924290830;1:
> It’s broken.
> It takes no skill to use.
> The aim assist and bullet magnetism is ridiculous.
> Remember back when sniping in Halo took skill?
> Apparently those days are gone.
> I’m being shot round corners and it’s not my imagination, it’s not my connection, it’s the bullet magnetism.
>
> Let’s look at sniping in Halo 3.
> Very little if ANY bullet magnetism.
> Why was that changed so much?
> To…if you’re just slightly near the person when aiming…it hits.
> This game should take skill… not just random aiming.

I agree with you. I saw this video once where this one guy missed his target with a sniper but still got a snapshot??? Fair or unfair?

> 2533274857915830;13:
> > 2533274924290830;11:
> > > 2533274857915830;10:
> > > > 2533274831961512;9:
> > > > I was playing customs with my brother, cousin, and best friend and we were playing duck hunt. My brother has barely ever played Halo and was never very good at it and I mean he was below average. You’d never be able to tell though because it seems anyone can rip head shots easily with the Halo 5 sniper because despite us sliding and having two thruster pack uses with increased base speed he could still dome us one after the other.
> > > >
> > > > And I thought sniping in Reach and 4 were easy…
> > >
> > >
> > > Sniping in duck hunt at that long of a range is super easy and it would be easy in any halo game.
> >
> >
> > Except in Halo 3 you’d actually have to have the reticule on their head…lol.
>
>
> Which would be easy to do in the other games AT THAT RANGE since there were no spartan abilities…

Have you actually ever played Duck Hunt in H3 or Reach.

I love it. After Req levels 1-5 of getting ambushed by people who spend 2 hours every day learning every map, it’s so cathartic to reach level 6 and watch them suddenly flop over from my headshots. Sniper weapons are an excellent late-game equalizer that rewards methodic play over map knowledge.

It’s easily countered by movement. Tip: don’t be such an easy, stationary, predictable target. Lead shot is still a thing that most forgot about and for any good sniper, a target that does not utilize the new movement system is pretty much a sitting duck. I usually end up tagging someone’s body limbs that peak out before full vision of their head (meaning the enemy can’t really see me yet, but I can already see part of them without them realizing it). This generally makes players feel like I’m shooting them from around corners, but I’m not. I’m just taking advantage LoS (Line of Sight)

Either keep hitscan and have a longer TTK or use projectile bullets and keep the TTK where it is, 343!! And yes, the sniper is way too easy to use, I’m just glad I get that heads up flare from the sniper from across the map, I think that helps out loads.

> 2533274821761464;8:
> I’ve always been terrible at sniping, so I don’t see much of a difference. I still can’t hit people very well. Though I do remember being much better at H3 team snipers. Maybe I’ve just gotten worse.

I feel your pain…seems no matter what sniper rifle I grab (and I like to grab them, unfortunately for my teammates), i’m never in position to use them.

Now I feel bad 'cause I always miss with it.