The Sniper is too zoomed in?

Is it just me or isn´t 5x a too much of a zoom in for the first zoom pace on the sniper?

I feel the zoom for the sniper is just fine. The problem with it is the constant bloom when zoomed in.
Additionally, the reload animation for the s7 sniper seems a bit stiff, do you agree?

Yeah it’s like looking into a space telescope. Hard to track your targets.

> 2535435819968878;2:
> I feel the zoom for the sniper is just fine. The problem with it is the constant bloom when zoomed in.
> Additionally, the reload animation for the s7 sniper seems a bit stiff, do you agree?

I noticed this as well, compared to the satisfying and smooth “click” of previous snipers, it feels very clunky and almost a bit unfinished.

> 2535435819968878;2:
> I feel the zoom for the sniper is just fine. The problem with it is the constant bloom when zoomed in.
> Additionally, the reload animation for the s7 sniper seems a bit stiff, do you agree?

ya but i hope they reduce the x5 zoom aswell tho, pretty hard on smaller arena maps when its a too much of a zoom.
and ye I really dont like how the feeling of the sniper at all right now, and i dont like the “heavy sniper” feeling of it.

I totally agree with EU PIXL. The zoom level is way too far zoomed in. Using the sniper on Live Fire was borderline impossible because of the relatively short lines of sight on that map especially in addition to the almost non-existent aim assist on console. The 10x zoom seems completely pointless at this time. I feel the same way about the Skewer by the way.

I agree, zooming in with the sniper rifle feels really off in a way that almost makes me feel like I am playing the game under the influence of something in comparison to the other weapons though I think the sidearm could use a bit of tweaking as well.

the 5x zoom felt useless to me as I was never in space where 5x zoom wasnt too much zoom. 4x zoom would probably feel better.

> 2535435819968878;2:

Very true. The zoom is fine, it’s a sniper rifle outfitted for long range combat. Competitively it has a place in arena but should not be designed for it. Do take into account that the bots almost always instantly de scoped you so it’s hard to get a feel for it. I went for a few egotistical games to claim the snipe and you do get used to it.
What I do find odd is that the crosshairs widens when zoomed in… why?

> 2533274839134372;8:
> the 5x zoom felt useless to me as I was never in space where 5x zoom wasnt too much zoom. 4x zoom would probably feel better.

I gotta add to my previous statement, the LAST thing I want is to see more bullet magnetism. It connects the way it should. Something else is off.

Hopefully they’ll have a bigger map where it makes sense? But yeah the sniper scope zoom is not usable imo.

> 2535422212492174;9:
> > 2535435819968878;2:
> > I feel the zoom for the sniper is just fine. The problem with it is the constant bloom when zoomed in.
> > Additionally, the reload animation for the s7 sniper seems a bit stiff, do you agree?
>
> What I do find odd is that the crosshairs widens when zoomed in… why?

The additional circle around the sniper reticle is weird for sure. I’m not a fan of adding random bulk around where I’m trying to aim.

Yeah, was wondering why it felt off (other than the aiming weirdness). I’d like to test it out next flight with the classic 2x, maybe 3.

Yeah it’s brutal

> 2533274856239841;11:
> Hopefully they’ll have a bigger map where it makes sense? But yeah the sniper scope zoom is not usable imo.

Doesnt really matter, it shall be balanced to small and bigger maps.

Definitely needs a reduction or at least not be so dark around what you can see when zoomed. Feels like looking through a pinhole.