THE SMG!?

Who wants the smg to come back to multiplayer, along with duel wield? I do.

SMG, maybe. Dual wield, no.

No duel-wielding sadly.I can’t see the SMG coming back without duel-wielding, it seems kinda pointless. Unless it had more damage, but a smaller clip, and the ROF taken down a notch. That’s the only way I could see it coming back.

> SMG, maybe. Dual wield, no.

Any issues with Dual-Wielding can be fixed. Or are you one of those people that just thinks its silly to look cool?

I think Dual-Wielding should definitely come back. I’m pretty sure 343 said they were going to bring it back, but it was a bit complicated to mix with the class system. If we had Dual-Wielding right now, it would get the -Yoink- balanced out of it because of all this play testing. Both guns that are being Dual-Wielded should count as one gun, and holster on the thighs. Melee should not drop one, both guns should be smashed at the enemy with a melee. Not sure if it would be good to be able to do this, but maybe we could have four guns, Dual-Wielding the two guns on your thighs, as well as the two guns on your back?

Halo5 needs Dual-Wielding.

SMG, yes.
Dual Wielding, HELL NO.

booooooo! your idea is bad and you should feel bad!

just joshing you, but I don’t like the idea. SMG was just a melee assister. if it was any more powerful, it would just be another re-skinned AR.

Oh, I guess the ‘No duel-wielding’ thing really hasn’t sunk in for some people yet.

> > SMG, maybe. Dual wield, no.
>
> Any issues with Dual-Wielding can be fixed. Or are you one of those people that just thinks its silly to look cool?
>
> I think Dual-Wielding should definitely come back. I’m pretty sure 343 said they were going to bring it back, but it was a bit complicated to mix with the class system. If we had Dual-Wielding right now, it would get the Yoink! balanced out of it because of all this play testing. Both guns that are being Dual-Wielded should count as one gun, and holster on the thighs. Melee should not drop one, both guns should be smashed at the enemy with a melee. Not sure if it would be good to be able to do this, but maybe we could have four guns, Dual-Wielding the two guns on your thighs, as well as the two guns on your back?
>
> Halo5 needs Dual-Wielding.

What’s up with randomly attacking people with no reason at all?
Did I ever say I had problems with dual-wielding?
It’s already confirmed not to be in the game, so I don’t see a reason to even talk about it…

SMG why not?

as for the dual-wielding thing, well 343 said they wouldn’t do such a thing because of how unbalanced it would make everything. I think if they just made weapons specifically for dual-wielding as in an entire class then I think it would work. the problem with dual-wielding is that they tried to make the weapons useful as a primary weapon and as a dual-wielded weapon, what they should of done was make the weapon only half as powerful as any other weapon in order to encourage you to use 2 at once.

> > > SMG, maybe. Dual wield, no.
> >
> > Any issues with Dual-Wielding can be fixed. Or are you one of those people that just thinks its silly to look cool?
> >
> > I think Dual-Wielding should definitely come back. I’m pretty sure 343 said they were going to bring it back, but it was a bit complicated to mix with the class system. If we had Dual-Wielding right now, it would get the Yoink! balanced out of it because of all this play testing. Both guns that are being Dual-Wielded should count as one gun, and holster on the thighs. Melee should not drop one, both guns should be smashed at the enemy with a melee. Not sure if it would be good to be able to do this, but maybe we could have four guns, Dual-Wielding the two guns on your thighs, as well as the two guns on your back?
> >
> > Halo5 needs Dual-Wielding.
>
> What’s up with randomly attacking people with no reason at all?
> Did I ever say I had problems with dual-wielding?
> It’s already confirmed not to be in the game, so I don’t see a reason to even talk about it…

I wasn’t really “attacking you”. You implied you had a problem with it. The reason for talking about it could be because it can come back in future games.

Dual wielding has already been confirmed to not be in the game. Personally, I don’t care about the SMG. I don’t really use it much. I don’t think it’s gonna come back for some reason, but there’s nothing official.

> > > > SMG, maybe. Dual wield, no.
> > >
> > > Any issues with Dual-Wielding can be fixed. Or are you one of those people that just thinks its silly to look cool?
> > >
> > > I think Dual-Wielding should definitely come back. I’m pretty sure 343 said they were going to bring it back, but it was a bit complicated to mix with the class system. If we had Dual-Wielding right now, it would get the Yoink! balanced out of it because of all this play testing. Both guns that are being Dual-Wielded should count as one gun, and holster on the thighs. Melee should not drop one, both guns should be smashed at the enemy with a melee. Not sure if it would be good to be able to do this, but maybe we could have four guns, Dual-Wielding the two guns on your thighs, as well as the two guns on your back?
> > >
> > > Halo5 needs Dual-Wielding.
> >
> > What’s up with randomly attacking people with no reason at all?
> > Did I ever say I had problems with dual-wielding?
> > It’s already confirmed not to be in the game, so I don’t see a reason to even talk about it…
>
> I wasn’t really “attacking you”. You implied you had a problem with it. The reason for talking about it could be because it can come back in future games.

How does a simple ‘no’ imply that I have a problem with it? I just don’t think it needs to be in the game that badly and it won’t be anyways. Also, this forum is about Halo 4 and not about future games, so there’s still no reason to talk about it.

I would personally LOVE to see the SMG back, i had so much fun with it. On the topic of duel wielding, i would love to see it back as well, i mean it could be fixed look at the difference between halo 2 and 3, any one else remember duel Needlers.

The SMG and dual-wielding are not coming back. At least, not for Halo 4.

If either were to return in Halo 5, the SMG would have to be balanced to fit into the sandbox (the AR would probably need to be stronger than an SMG but have less rounds in the magazine) and dual-wielding would need to be useful and not just a gimmick (An ACTUAL gimmick. Dual-wielding SMGs didn’t give you double the fire power.)

> SMG, yes.
> Dual Wielding, HELL NO.

Maybe, if it was only used while you carry the flag.

I’d love for the SMG and dual-wielding to return! :smiley:

> SMG, maybe. Dual wield, no.

This.