The Shipmaster is the worst Banished leader.

His leader powers don’t stack up well against ANY of the other leaders. Truth be told, Decimus has always been a top 4 leader, but people just didn’t know how to use him. He’s the best imo. His Passives are hell to deal with and be pretty much gets 2 Heroes (even though Decimus Drop is Booty😨). The Honor Guard is only useful for scouting which blows.

Shipmaster doesn’t really have any good leader powers once you figure him out. Teleport and Banished Raid are really helpful, Displacement kind of sucks because it takes like 4 minutes to recharge iirc and doesn’t send troops that far away. His cloaking also is worthless because Anti-Air can detect cloaked units and EVERYONE has detect capable units.

Tactical Gateway is a double-edged sword because it can be used by your enemy to counterattack. You can put it behind your opponents base, but Christ redeem your soul if he’s an atriox😥.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

lol

Yeah Shipmaster doesnt have any good offensive powers, but he is actually one of the best, if not the best leader. 4/10 of the top 10 players main him. A lot players use his teleport powers with locusts to take out bases. A popular strategy is teleporting locusts behind his base, and using teleport with heal right when his base is destroyed. If done right, you shouldnt lose a single locust. Displacement is also probably one of the best powers in the game. You can use to teleport his army away while you destroy his base, or you can use displace to teleport his army next to your base and wreck his army with turrets and shield. Spirit support is also a very useful drop. Mass cloaking is good if you back your army away as your shooting, the detect doesnt have unlimited range.

Shipmaster is the best imo. He has so many evasive leader powers that can frustrate the living crap out of anyone. Try a Locust rush with him and teleport half of your Locusts to the other side of your opponents base… You can use displacement to move enemy troops away from their base (so that way you can obliterate it.)

Shipmaster sucks if you never build a locust and only try to fight your enemy in direct engagements. No good Shipmaster plays like this. Most Shipmasters win games without ever engaging the enemy directly just by being wherever the enemy is not.

interesting

> 2535471149170617;1:
> […]Tactical Gateway is a double-edged sword because it can be used by your enemy to counterattack. You can put it behind your opponents base, but Christ redeem your soul if he’s an atriox😥.

lmao :smiley:

I’m like you I like dealing actual damage. That’s why I main Decimus since day 1. Dude the reality is that Shipmaster is a lot more dangerous.

This is not obvious when you look at the game on paper. But right now he’s the best leader in the game. Not even close to a competition.

If you think Shipmaster sucks then you have no clue on how to use him.

I main UNSC a just because I like them but the strongest leader is Shipmaster hands down. Mobility is something which can end games real fast and Shipmaster has such good mobility powers it’s unreal. Shipmaster isn’t about those head to head fights, he’s all about manipulating positioning and that’s why he comes out on top. A tactical gateway placed in a position that is unfavourable to your enemy is fantastic! Can’t count the amount of times displacing engineers/nightingales has lead to real easy super unit kills.

> 2535471149170617;1:
> His leader powers don’t stack up well against ANY of the other leaders. Truth be told, Decimus has always been a top 4 leader, but people just didn’t know how to use him. He’s the best imo. His Passives are hell to deal with and be pretty much gets 2 Heroes (even though Decimus Drop is Booty😨). The Honor Guard is only useful for scouting which blows.
>
> Shipmaster doesn’t really have any good leader powers once you figure him out. Teleport and Banished Raid are really helpful, Displacement kind of sucks because it takes like 4 minutes to recharge iirc and doesn’t send troops that far away. His cloaking also is worthless because Anti-Air can detect cloaked units and EVERYONE has detect capable units.
>
> Tactical Gateway is a double-edged sword because it can be used by your enemy to counterattack. You can put it behind your opponents base, but Christ redeem your soul if he’s an atriox😥.

Displacement Is THE best leader point you can ever spend in the game by a huge margin. If Shipmaster only had 2 leader powers (1st point teleportation and 4th displacement) he would still be a top tier leader.

If you edited the title to say “Shipmaster is the worst head-to-head Banished leader” I’d agree with you.

But the problem is a good Shipmaster never engages head on. Using speed and teleport you can flank an enemy, dish out some hurt, and get out before they retaliate.

Sure if you get Shipmaster on the back foot he’s helpless, but it’s getting him there that’s impossible.

even head to head lol he can displace half ur army destroy other half or mass cloak … hes easily the best but u really have to maximize his abilites…

> 2533274797097176;8:
> If you think Shipmaster sucks then you have no clue on how to use him.

I know how to use him, but my play style is different. That’s why I switched to Decimus. Better Hero’s(he gets 2 heroes🤓!!), better leader powers, more aggressive/dirt bag play style. I like to toy with my enemy before I go in for the kill lol

Shipmaster is the goat.

Honestly I feel that people that say ship master is useless or sucks only say it because he doesn’t match their play style, which often is a rush/brute force type playing. If you play as ship master you need to be able to stay mobile and use your leader powers to break up or scatter larger enemy forces. Taking on the enemy in smaller engagements and using powers to slip past your enemies lines and attack the main base head on. AND in team based playlists you have to find some way of communicating your strategy to your team. Ship master is very team based as a leader and honestly is built to complement other leaders and their powers/units.

> 2535471149170617;13:
> > 2533274797097176;8:
> > If you think Shipmaster sucks then you have no clue on how to use him.
>
> I know how to use him, but my play style is different. That’s why I switched to Decimus. Better Hero’s(he gets 2 heroes🤓!!), better leader powers, more aggressive/dirt bag play style. I like to toy with my enemy before I go in for the kill lol

That’s not ship masters build, so it’s not so much that he sucks or is a bad leader, it’s just that the style you use doesn’t match him.

Honestly I think his teleport needs a rework. Its far too powerful and inexpensive to use. He can pop up anywhere, and retreat to safety in an instant. Pick and choose which fights to engage, and even force engagements against the opponents will. Nothing more infuriating than having your entire army disappear into a ball of death and there not being anything you can do about it.

He is not suppose to be a offensive leader, he i kind of like a supportive type. He can aid his teammates with displacement, scout mind, spirit drop, tactical gateway, and some other abilities. And if you are in a 1v1 he is not suppose to fight a head on fight, you move swiftly, and quietly to ambush, or sneak up on the enemy base. If you just run up to the enemy defenses, you are playing him wrong.

If used properly and with an offensive leader such as Decimus he is THE best leader. In blitz I find that only Isabel comes close all the others just can’t keep up. At the end of the day though it comes down to player style. Are you more sneaky or do you go for the frontal assault. That’s why there are a number of leaders to suit your play style.

I love Ship. Yeah, he’s not the best leader when it comes to straight up offense, so I avoid using him in 1v1 fights. When it’s 3v3, he’s been one of my favorites to use.

He can basically pick and choose which fights he wants. The biggest key to him is to use more guerilla tactics. Scout frequently and build accordingly to what your enemy is planning. If you find your army being smashed or losing, then that’s what extraction comes in handy.

I think Displacement is the most underrated leader power in the Banished. If you’ve got good teammates, you can dump unlucky armies right into traps set up. Tactical gateways are also helpful too and they can get slow moving armies to flank enemy lines quickly.

A lot of also lies on communication! If you’re using Ship, then call out enemy locations while you scout; that way your teammates can counteract accordingly and you can coordinate attacks on enemy bases which works well in using the TG.

Someone who really knows how to use Ship well can be a pain in the rear to take out.

GH