The sense that came from everything

Yep, I making a post of what I want in it, can’t believe it, but I’m doing it. Now what I want is that sense that came from all the other games, that sense that made each and every level feel extraordinary and unique. Here is an example-

1. The Pillar of Autumn CE- you started out waking from a cryo tube and going by testing areas, then you hear the ships commander tell you to get to the bridge immediately, followed by seeing a man die in the platform above. This was followed by seeing the soldier in front of you die in an explosion shaking the ship, this gave you a sense of urgency and immediate stress that this was serious. It wasn’t just by an simple following rule, it was everything, the alarms, the entire ship shaking every few seconds, the ship starting to burn, and the music making it sound as if you were in a dangerous situation. This made the level feel like a desperate escape right from the start. Followed by how our Captain stays at his post of a ship being attacked, him giving you the most important thing on the ship telling you to leave and to find an escape pod, it made you feel like this truly was a desperate situation in which if you didn’t escape, it would be the end of everything. It follows by when you first join into a fight by knocking down a couple of grunts then picking up an Assault Rifle and join into a firefight full of marines also escaping which made you feel like you weren’t the only one trying. The environment made a huge impact as well as you saw countless bodies strewn about all in attempt to take over or to get out of the ship. And later you see other lifeboats launching giving you the idea that you are running out of time. You then quickly maneuver through the maintenance hatches to find an exit and are greeted by endless waves of alien enemies and dying soldiers. You eventually find a lifeboat which you escape out of just in time. Its by then that you realize that YOU are a super soldier by completing a nearly impossible task. That feeling is instantly cut short when you see Halo, and you filled with curiosity and panic as you realize that you will have to land on it with a hopeful chance of survival, but even if you land, what are your chances of survival after that?

The point I’m trying to get across is that all the Halos made you feel what type of situation or fight you were in by the music, effects, sound, and map itself. So thats what I want in the Halo 4,. I sure they will make it, but do you think they will? and do you agree with me?

What about the 1st level you encounter the flood (343 Guilty Spark)? I remember being quite a bit jumpy and on edge - all due to the environment. I think you’re right - all Halo levels have that in them and i really think 4 will be no different…or at least I hope so as well :slight_smile:

> What about the 1st level you encounter the flood (343 Guilty Spark)? I remember being quite a bit jumpy and on edge - all due to the environment. I think you’re right - all Halo levels have that in them and i really think 4 will be no different…or at least I hope so as well :slight_smile:

You see how long the description for PoA is! It can’t type fast and I just needed to choose 1 to describe, though that was the second thing I was going to write up.