The secret to the storm rifle?

Does anybody know how you’re supposed to get kills with the storm rifle when you do not have host?b I know in halo Pc I could lead the host off and kill him, but I don’t know the secret for halo 4.

Circle around your opponents while firing, it always works.

It doesn’t matter if your the host or not, it’s still a good gun. The only problem with it is that it seems like it shoots pebbles.

Just do the AR charge of death. Except it will work better since the shield will pop a lot sooner giving the chance to go for the melee kill or toss a grenade first to weaken the shield and close in blasting the storm rifle in controlled burst if in mid range followed by full auto in close range.

Circle around target, fire in bursts.

It’s the ONLY automatic weapon I tolerate.

Don’t miss.

> Don’t miss.

Well how about when the shots don’t register? Especially in succession. Eight in a row for example?

Switch to AR.
=P

No, seriously, you must be a bit more aware of the situation.
Storm Rifle is the Jack-of-all-Trades among the automatics.
Fired continously, it will destroy an AR up close, fired in bursts, it will outrange the Suppressor.
Much like the DMR now must properly use distances.

Against precisions, well. Don’t use it against precision rifles. Though you sometimes can catch them off-guard in close range, usually you are noticed too soon and they will keep distance.
That’s why people still prefer the AR, its range makes it more viable against precisions and if you have the drop on enemies, it kills automatics fast enough. And ammo. Man! AMMO!

> > Don’t miss.
>
> Well how about when the shots don’t register? Especially in succession. Eight in a row for example?

I’ve come to find the vast majority of the time someone’s “shots don’t register” it’s actually because they missed and are looking for something other than themselves to blame.

It’s an incredible gun. But you have to learn to use it or it won’t work for you.

> > > Don’t miss.
> >
> > Well how about when the shots don’t register? Especially in succession. Eight in a row for example?
>
> I’ve come to find the vast majority of the time someone’s “shots don’t register” it’s actually because they missed and are looking for something other than themselves to blame.
>
> It’s an incredible gun. But you have to learn to use it or it won’t work for you.

Well when all the automatics in the game fire in a rapidly expanding cone, it can be easy to miss unless you want to be right next to them. Seriously, automatics need to get better.

> > > Don’t miss.
> >
> > Well how about when the shots don’t register? Especially in succession. Eight in a row for example?
>
> I’ve come to find the vast majority of the time someone’s “shots don’t register” it’s actually because they missed and are looking for something other than themselves to blame.
>
> It’s an incredible gun. But you have to learn to use it or it won’t work for you.

I’m inclined to agree with you, but when you’re shooting someone point blank and they’re either moving in a straight line or not at all and they’re still “missing”, there’s something up. I specify host because when I do have host (which is rare) I have no trouble with it and those that I fire upon crumple into heaps of flesh. It’s when I don’t that it becomes unbearable nearly. It’s the same case with the AR in this instance but it just seems more pronounced with the storm rifle, which I am using to get covenant loadout mastery.

I’m not worried about using it in general, I’m no stranger to halo. I just want to know if anyone’s found a way to compensate for latency like you could in halo PC.

I can say that the gun does cooldown while Hardlight Shield is up. So, if you need cover and to “reload”, that can help.

love the storm rifle. no problems what so ever. keep practicing.