The saddest part of Halo 5...

Is looking through the achievements and seeing all the badass concept art. Chief tossing his cloak aside in a war-torn city (reminiscent of Empire)…walking away from said burning city…just everything in there. The whole thing makes the current story reek of last-minute-desicions. You can totally tell that “chief going rogue” was gonna mean something much more significant.

You can tell that 343 has some solid story tellers from some of the expanded content like the Hunt the Truth audio. It’s a real shame that Microsoft only cares about profit and the bottom line.

MS has to listen now though because it’s obvious fans aren’t happy with the campaign. Some people like myself are at the point where we’ll see one last time If the next Halo can truly deliver in Halo6 but then if it doesn’t we’ll just accept this and move on. I have countless Halo games now that I can play so while it would be disappointing to move on, I’m certainly not going to be stuck for my fix. I actually enjoy Halo6 multiplayer but Campaign is more dear to me. Your move MS

I hope that we eventually get what Halo 5’s story was SUPPOSED to be, in one way or another.

> 2533274855285370;2:
> You can tell that 343 has some solid story tellers from some of the expanded content like the Hunt the Truth audio. It’s a real shame that Microsoft only cares about profit and the bottom line.

I wish they would have gone off the Hunt the Truth… style? There was just a huge mystery and suspense behind it. Then the campaign came out and it just felt so unfulling…

To me the saddest part in the Halo series is probably watching Sargent Johnson die to a floating ball of intuitive destruction, or Kat being sniped from existence.

Nevermind; Kat dying let alone all of the noble team dying was just sad to play thorugh. Except for Jun, instead of #Huntthetruth it should have been #huntforjun

XO

> 2533274856626311;6:
> To me the saddest part in the Halo series is probably watching Sargent Johnson die to a floating ball of intuitive destruction, or Kat being sniped from existence.
>
> Nevermind; Kat dying let alone all of the noble team dying was just sad to play thorugh. Except for Jun, instead of #Huntthetruth it should have been #huntforjun
>
> XO

But Jun went on to help create the Spartan IV program. Our Spartans are literally the fruit of his labors.

the saddest part of halo 5 is finishing the campaign and relizing you spent $60 on that game

The campaign is extremely disappointing and so was Halo 4’s. I have replayed the first 3 titles countless times even Reach and ODST are better.

Finding out about how awesome Halo 5 could of been, makes me wonder what we have in store…or lack there of, for Halo 6. Actually, not wonder, anxious.

> 2533274796933476;9:
> The campaign is extremely disappointing and so was Halo 4’s. I have replayed the first 3 titles countless times even Reach and ODST are better.

I actually liked 4’s campaign in retrospect. (Well, after playing H5 who wouldn’t…) But the moment for me in H4 was at the very end - just before Chief detonates the nuke he looks down at Earth one final time… that -Yoink- gave me goosebumps. He detonates it, Cortana saves him by sacrificing herself… and then the whole cinematic to follow. That was best in the series for me. Which makes me hate the H5 campaign even more because that whole emotional sequence was just tossed out and ignored.

> 2614366390845858;11:
> > 2533274796933476;9:
> > The campaign is extremely disappointing and so was Halo 4’s. I have replayed the first 3 titles countless times even Reach and ODST are better.
>
>
> I actually liked 4’s campaign in retrospect. (Well, after playing H5 who wouldn’t…) But the moment for me in H4 was at the very end - just before Chief detonates the nuke he looks down at Earth one final time… that -Yoink- gave me goosebumps. He detonates it, Cortana saves him by sacrificing herself… and then the whole cinematic to follow. That was best in the series for me. Which makes me hate the H5 campaign even more because that whole emotional sequence was just tossed out and ignored.

Spoillllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr. (But same, it did give me the goosebumps.)

Halo 5’s campaign really didn’t have much in mind. I mean once I got all the collectables and skulls on solo legendary I really don’t have a reason to play it again besides score attack with my friends. Otherwise, I’ll be sticking to Warzone.

There’s no doubt in my mind that we were going to get the promised story: Master Chief going rogue, ONI secrets being leaked, a dark adventure spread throughout iconic locations, a grudge match involving Locke, morally ambiguous situations (I don’t care what you say, Cortana’s evil), and maybe even the Didact. There’s just no way 343 conceived all of that gritty, epic, and detailed art work with the intention of what became of Halo 5’s campaign. There’s just no effin’ way.

I don’t know whether it was Microsoft that intervened, Chris Schlerf leafing in late 2013, massive re-writes, or all three—343 need to get their act together if they wish to preserve their reputation as quality storytellers. They did so with Halo 4 and Hunt The Truth. If they can manage to rekindle that sort of lost effort and devotion, Halo 6 could possibly introduce the best campaign to date, but this is only the case should they clean up whatever ruined Halo 5 and wipe some Mister Clean all over it.