The road to "legend" in mcc

Does anyone have any tips/tricks to getting the legend achievement in mcc; I’m doing this to get helioskrill and to prove my skill at halo. Like for example is there a good way to kill higher ranking enemies easily or any skips I might not know? I will update you on every campaign I beat from halo 1-4. Bye and stay safe from halo 2 jackal snipers!

-Zulu Exedra-

Edit: So I decided to switch from halo 2 to halo 4 as the campaign is way easier and guess what… I completed it. This was a bit late but I am doing halo 3 legendary now. Wish me luck, again.

> 2535441478959569;1:
> Does anyone have any tips/tricks to getting the legend achievement in mcc; I’m doing this to get helioskrill and to prove my skill at halo. Like for example is there a good way to kill higher ranking enemies easily or any skips I might not know? I will update you on every campaign I beat from halo 1-4. Bye and stay safe from halo 2 jackal snipers!
>
> -Zulu Exedra-

There are a ton of skips in Halo : CE. There are also some in Halo 2 and some speedruns, specifically the first mission, in Reach (although I don’t think that’s part of the Legend achievement).

My advice - just be patient, take things slow, don’t be overly reliant on power weapons. Usually pack something that drops shields and a precision gun. Memorize the jackal snipers, watch out for charging Brute meat shields. Adapt to the meta of the games and the levels.

Here’s a couple tips I’ve used and heard from others:

• Get on youtube and look up legendary speedruns. You may not be able to use all of their tricks or be good enough on the first try, but there are a few short cuts that will help you get around tight spots that you keep dying on. - Take it slow. Forget about trying to actually speedrun the level since time is not a factor for this achievement. - Noob combo. Try to keep a plasma pistol on you when you know you’re about to face some strong enemies. That thing is the great equalizer, and will take most high ranking enemies down to one-shot-kill status. - Explore the levels. If you get stuck dying at one spot over and over again, it’s usually because you’re supposed to be taking a different route. Not all the levels have open spaces to explore, but many times the straight shot through an area is doable on normal or even heroic. But on legendary there might be a different approach that works better, or a way to keep enemies from noticing you for longer by sticking to a side area. - When you see power weapons lying around for no reason, pick them up. The devs put them in that place at that time for a reason. A simple example is like when you see a shotgun sitting on the ground. Chances are, the next section will have you fighting the flood. So drop your needler and grab that shotty! - When you come upon a cluster of grunts, jackals, and elites, take them out in ascending order. Hit the grunts first, then the jackals, then the elites. The reason for this is that you simply reduce the number of guns pointed at you in short order. A grunt may be easy to kill, but he has the same plasma pistol as the jackal next to him. So for instance, since two enemies have the same gun, kill the easier to kill one first so you only have to deal with one gun more quickly. I hope that sentence made sense lol.

> 2535435902217648;3:
> Here’s a couple tips I’ve used and heard from others:
> - Get on youtube and look up legendary speedruns. You may not be able to use all of their tricks or be good enough on the first try, but there are a few short cuts that will help you get around tight spots that you keep dying on. - Take it slow. Forget about trying to actually speedrun the level since time is not a factor for this achievement. - Noob combo. Try to keep a plasma pistol on you when you know you’re about to face some strong enemies. That thing is the great equalizer, and will take most high ranking enemies down to one-shot-kill status. - Explore the levels. If you get stuck dying at one spot over and over again, it’s usually because you’re supposed to be taking a different route. Not all the levels have open spaces to explore, but many times the straight shot through an area is doable on normal or even heroic. But on legendary there might be a different approach that works better, or a way to keep enemies from noticing you for longer by sticking to a side area. - When you see power weapons lying around for no reason, pick them up. The devs put them in that place at that time for a reason. A simple example is like when you see a shotgun sitting on the ground. Chances are, the next section will have you fighting the flood. So drop your needler and grab that shotty! - When you come upon a cluster of grunts, jackals, and elites, take them out in ascending order. Hit the grunts first, then the jackals, then the elites. The reason for this is that you simply reduce the number of guns pointed at you in short order. A grunt may be easy to kill, but he has the same plasma pistol as the jackal next to him. So for instance, since two enemies have the same gun, kill the easier to kill one first so you only have to deal with one gun more quickly. I hope that sentence made sense lol.

> 2533274850493408;2:
> > 2535441478959569;1:
> > Does anyone have any tips/tricks to getting the legend achievement in mcc; I’m doing this to get helioskrill and to prove my skill at halo. Like for example is there a good way to kill higher ranking enemies easily or any skips I might not know? I will update you on every campaign I beat from halo 1-4. Bye and stay safe from halo 2 jackal snipers!
> >
> > -Zulu Exedra-
>
> There are a ton of skips in Halo : CE. There are also some in Halo 2 and some speedruns, specifically the first mission, in Reach (although I don’t think that’s part of the Legend achievement).
>
> My advice - just be patient, take things slow, don’t be overly reliant on power weapons. Usually pack something that drops shields and a precision gun. Memorize the jackal snipers, watch out for charging Brute meat shields. Adapt to the meta of the games and the levels.

Thank you for the support. Thankfully, I got over the nightmare of truth and reconciliation and I know a few skips in the next level. I will take your advice and update you on the campaigns as said before.