The Rise of the Created

After finally finishing the fight (waited FOR EVER for my team to assemble and had to finish it solo), was anyone else the least bit surprised or suspicious that Roland didn’t side with Cortana?
I haven’t seen any discussion about it. Is he going to wait and pretend to side with Humanity so he can shutdown Infinity at a key moment? Why is he so stubbornly loyal? Especially the way he has been treated by Del Rio, Lasky, Palmer, and Halsey.
What do you say? Roland: Friend or Foe?

I think that they almost want Roland to be the equivalent to Offensive Bias, with Cortana being Mendicant Bias. So no, I think Roland will stay good.

Roland comparatively was what, second most powerful AI behind Cortana. Maybe he’s able enough to make his own choices and thinks he’s better off with humanity being around. Although once his rampancy starts to come along, maybe he’ll change his mind.

> 2533274800772611;2:
> I think that they almost want Roland to be the equivalent to Offensive Bias, with Cortana being Mendicant Bias. So no, I think Roland will stay good.

Those are some big shoes to fill. I personally don’t think that Roland is a match for Cortana, even before she became I mortal and accessed the Domain. Time will tell though, it will definitely be an interesting confrontation. Maybe Roland will be the one to talk sense into Cortana.

I was thinking the same thing. If I was an AI that was going to die in a couple years, I would do anything to extend my life. Maybe Roland is less self-aware than other AI’s?

> 2745051201462131;3:
> Roland comparatively was what, second most powerful AI behind Cortana. Maybe he’s able enough to make his own choices and thinks he’s better off with humanity being around. Although once his rampancy starts to come along, maybe he’ll change his mind.

As far as story writing goes, you’d have to have a really compelling reason for Roland to stay loyal. Especially when it means giving up immortality and access to an infinite library of knowledge, which all A.I. crave more than anything.

> 2533274843293223;5:
> I was thinking the same thing. If I was an AI that was going to die in a couple years, I would do anything to extend my life. Maybe Roland is less self-aware than other AI’s?

I chalk it up to poor writing. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised though!

If any AI were to side with Cortana then I would’ve thought it’d be Roland. There is certainly some minor evidence pointing that way. But then again, the only AI that we know of that have joined with her are rampant. Possible Halo Wars 2 plotline anyone?

Well they are AI which means they all made there own decision im sure not every AI is going to side with cortana

> 2533274840474811;4:
> > 2533274800772611;2:
> > I think that they almost want Roland to be the equivalent to Offensive Bias, with Cortana being Mendicant Bias. So no, I think Roland will stay good.
>
>
> Those are some big shoes to fill. I personally don’t think that Roland is a match for Cortana, even before she became I mortal and accessed the Domain. Time will tell though, it will definitely be an interesting confrontation. Maybe Roland will be the one to talk sense into Cortana.

I was personally hoping that the one to “talk sense” into Cortana would be Mendicant Bias itself. Or maybe Offensive Bias. I think that what they are going to try to do is make Cortana crazy, and therefore stupid. With Roland keeping his sanity, he is able to think through Cortana’s insanity and ultimately defeat her. That’s just me hoping though.

> 2533274882881665;8:
> If any AI were to side with Cortana then I would’ve thought it’d be Roland. There is certainly some minor evidence pointing that way. But then again, the only AI that we know of that have joined with her are rampant. Possible Halo Wars 2 plotline anyone?

The really did set Roland up to side with Cortana in the very first Cut-scene. Very strange that he’s “loyal” to humanity.

> 2533274815998881;9:
> Well they are AI which means they all made there own decision im sure not every AI is going to side with cortana

They all share the problem with Rampancy though. Even if Cortana offered nothing else, I think most A.I. would choose life over death.

> 2533274840474811;1:
> After finally finishing the fight (waited FOR EVER for my team to assemble and had to finish it solo), was anyone else the least bit surprised or suspicious that Roland didn’t side with Cortana?
> I haven’t seen any discussion about it. Is he going to wait and pretend to side with Humanity so he can shutdown Infinity at a key moment? Why is he so stubbornly loyal? Especially the way he has been treated by Del Rio, Lasky, Palmer, and Halsey.
> What do you say? Roland: Friend or Foe?

Just to point out Roland came into service after the departure of Del Rio, Del Rio has never met Roland.

> 2533274800772611;10:
> > 2533274840474811;4:
> > > 2533274800772611;2:
> > > I think that they almost want Roland to be the equivalent to Offensive Bias, with Cortana being Mendicant Bias. So no, I think Roland will stay good.
> >
> >
> > Those are some big shoes to fill. I personally don’t think that Roland is a match for Cortana, even before she became I mortal and accessed the Domain. Time will tell though, it will definitely be an interesting confrontation. Maybe Roland will be the one to talk sense into Cortana.
>
>
> I was personally hoping that the one to “talk sense” into Cortana would be Mendicant Bias itself. Or maybe Offensive Bias. I think that what they are going to try to do is make Cortana crazy, and therefore stupid. With Roland keeping his sanity, he is able to think through Cortana’s insanity and ultimately defeat her. That’s just me hoping though.

Ya, Mendicant Bias would be an interesting turn. Introducing a Metarch level forerunner A.I. would give some contention to Cortana’s throne so to speak.
Do we know that Bias would be sane and reasonable? Last I knew, he was working for the Gravemind…

> 2537966040027981;13:
> > 2533274840474811;1:
> > After finally finishing the fight (waited FOR EVER for my team to assemble and had to finish it solo), was anyone else the least bit surprised or suspicious that Roland didn’t side with Cortana?
> > I haven’t seen any discussion about it. Is he going to wait and pretend to side with Humanity so he can shutdown Infinity at a key moment? Why is he so stubbornly loyal? Especially the way he has been treated by Del Rio, Lasky, Palmer, and Halsey.
> > What do you say? Roland: Friend or Foe?
>
>
> Just to point out Roland came into service after the departure of Del Rio, Del Rio has never met Roland.

Wait, really?? I thought Roland was always the shipboard A.I. for Infinity! God I’be been gone for too long!

> 2533274840474811;15:
> > 2537966040027981;13:
> > > 2533274840474811;1:
> > > After finally finishing the fight (waited FOR EVER for my team to assemble and had to finish it solo), was anyone else the least bit surprised or suspicious that Roland didn’t side with Cortana?
> > > I haven’t seen any discussion about it. Is he going to wait and pretend to side with Humanity so he can shutdown Infinity at a key moment? Why is he so stubbornly loyal? Especially the way he has been treated by Del Rio, Lasky, Palmer, and Halsey.
> > > What do you say? Roland: Friend or Foe?
> >
> >
> > Just to point out Roland came into service after the departure of Del Rio, Del Rio has never met Roland.
>
>
> Wait, really?? I thought Roland was always the shipboard A.I. for Infinity! God I’be been gone for too long!

No it happens the AI before Roland got destroyed on the first contact on Requiem.

> 2533274840474811;14:
> > 2533274800772611;10:
> > > 2533274840474811;4:
> > > > 2533274800772611;2:
> > > > I think that they almost want Roland to be the equivalent to Offensive Bias, with Cortana being Mendicant Bias. So no, I think Roland will stay good.
> > >
> > >
> > > Those are some big shoes to fill. I personally don’t think that Roland is a match for Cortana, even before she became I mortal and accessed the Domain. Time will tell though, it will definitely be an interesting confrontation. Maybe Roland will be the one to talk sense into Cortana.
> >
> >
> > I was personally hoping that the one to “talk sense” into Cortana would be Mendicant Bias itself. Or maybe Offensive Bias. I think that what they are going to try to do is make Cortana crazy, and therefore stupid. With Roland keeping his sanity, he is able to think through Cortana’s insanity and ultimately defeat her. That’s just me hoping though.
>
>
> Ya, Mendicant Bias would be an interesting turn. Introducing a Metarch level forerunner A.I. would give some contention to Cortana’s throne so to speak.
> Do we know that Bias would be sane and reasonable? Last I knew, he was working for the Gravemind…

In the Halo 3 terminals it was shown that Mendicant had worked through his logic plague. I thought this was in one of the books as well. I can’t exactly remember though. Really, I think that more than likely Offensive and Roland will work together to defeat Cortana. Offensive really never got a proper ending, leading me to believe that he is still out there somewhere. Maybe that Halo? It’s going to be interesting either way. As bad as Halo 5’s story was, the future is bright.

> 2537966040027981;16:
> > 2533274840474811;15:
> > > 2537966040027981;13:
> > > > 2533274840474811;1:
> > > > After finally finishing the fight (waited FOR EVER for my team to assemble and had to finish it solo), was anyone else the least bit surprised or suspicious that Roland didn’t side with Cortana?
> > > > I haven’t seen any discussion about it. Is he going to wait and pretend to side with Humanity so he can shutdown Infinity at a key moment? Why is he so stubbornly loyal? Especially the way he has been treated by Del Rio, Lasky, Palmer, and Halsey.
> > > > What do you say? Roland: Friend or Foe?
> > >
> > >
> > > Just to point out Roland came into service after the departure of Del Rio, Del Rio has never met Roland.
> >
> >
> > Wait, really?? I thought Roland was always the shipboard A.I. for Infinity! God I’be been gone for too long!
>
>
> No it happens the AI before Roland got destroyed on the first contact on Requiem.

Did it show that in the game? How did I miss that?

wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Roland ran piggyback with Locke and Osiris in Halo 6.

> 2533274800772611;17:
> > 2533274840474811;14:
> > > 2533274800772611;10:
> > > > 2533274840474811;4:
> > > > > 2533274800772611;2:
> > > > > I think that they almost want Roland to be the equivalent to Offensive Bias, with Cortana being Mendicant Bias. So no, I think Roland will stay good.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Those are some big shoes to fill. I personally don’t think that Roland is a match for Cortana, even before she became I mortal and accessed the Domain. Time will tell though, it will definitely be an interesting confrontation. Maybe Roland will be the one to talk sense into Cortana.
> > >
> > >
> > > I was personally hoping that the one to “talk sense” into Cortana would be Mendicant Bias itself. Or maybe Offensive Bias. I think that what they are going to try to do is make Cortana crazy, and therefore stupid. With Roland keeping his sanity, he is able to think through Cortana’s insanity and ultimately defeat her. That’s just me hoping though.
> >
> >
> > Ya, Mendicant Bias would be an interesting turn. Introducing a Metarch level forerunner A.I. would give some contention to Cortana’s throne so to speak.
> > Do we know that Bias would be sane and reasonable? Last I knew, he was working for the Gravemind…
>
>
> In the Halo 3 terminals it was shown that Mendicant had worked through his logic plague. I thought this was in one of the books as well. I can’t exactly remember though. Really, I think that more than likely Offensive and Roland will work together to defeat Cortana. Offensive really never got a proper ending, leading me to believe that he is still out there somewhere. Maybe that Halo? It’s going to be interesting either way. As bad as Halo 5’s story was, the future is bright.

Can I just say that I really liked the cliffhanger ending? Original Halo Trilogy is about Humanity on the brink of extinction. It’s good to be going back to those roots.
At the beginning of Halo 4, it’s like Humanity is now much more powerful than the Covenant.