The Ring of Halo

So whats the deal with the rings?

Why were the Rings created?

I was told that they kill all life…but what happened with Halo 1 & Halo 3? When they were fired…life wasn’t destroyed.

Thanks.

> So whats the deal with the rings?
>
> Why were the Rings created?
>
> I was told that they kill all life…but what happened with Halo 1 & Halo 3? When they were fired…life wasn’t destroyed.
>
> Thanks.

Basically, the rings were a last resort against the flood. In Halo 1, the ring was never fired. In Halo 2, it was shut down before it could fire, and instead sent out a signal to the other rings. In Halo 3, the new Installation 04 fired a tactical pulse. The pulse was restricted to the immediate area, and due to the Halo being incomplete, it destroyed itself and the Ark.

I take it you’re new to Halo since it’s been 10 years and you still don’t understand the concept of the Rings. First, the Ring in Halo 1 wasn’t fired because Cortana prevented it. The Ring in Halo 2 didn’t fire because Commander Keyes removed the index and shut it down. The Ring in Halo 3 fired but it was outside the Galaxy and there was no life (except the Flood on the Ark), in range of the Ring. The Rings have a range of 25,000 light-years.

The Halo Array is composed of 7 Halo Constructs (the rings) and the Ark Construct. The Rings were made at the Ark outside the galaxy and then teleported to the galaxy. The Ark is out of the active range of the Halo Array.

They’re created as a last solution against the Flood by the Forerunners; when the seven are fired altogether they’ll kill all sentient live in galaxy so the Flood dies of lack of food, but if only one is activated then it’ll only kill a 1/7 of the galaxy.

Well, in Halo 1, the Master Chief destroyed the Halo Construct number 04 (also called Instalation 04). In Halo 3, he arrived the Ark and discovered that a new Halo 04 was being constructed and he fired it to kill the Flood in the Ark. As the Ark is outside the galaxy, it only killed the sentient life in the Ark.