The return of Red X's?

I haven’t had a chance to play today, but I’ve seen a Youtube video showing RED X’s (that are stationary!) after deaths. Is it true? It is a small detail, but I am pretty excited about it. Can someone please confirm?

*Edit: It looks like this was a mini title update as I had to download an update for the game before playing. I can yell out “one shot on my X” again! Thank you 343i!!!

Halo 4 Red X video

Yeah Red X’s are back in SWAT/

Awesome! Finally

About 6 months too late.

They are back, and they stay where your teammate died as opposed to moving with the body before the update.:slight_smile:

Promising…

Very helpful :slight_smile:

> About 6 months too late.

Better some what late than never. Can’t you just be happy like the rest of us?

> Better some what late than never. Can’t you just be happy like the rest of us?

That would require him to be happy for people to like something he doesn’t. So the answer is no. I asked him and a few other players what they gained by being bitter and holding on to grudges that have been addressed. They gave me no answer.

The reason that the red X was taken out of the game was that it teaches people to murder individuals who engage in adult relationships with those that they formerly had familial relationships with.

Shouting “guys shoot the dude on my X” has lead to countless murders. Just don’t ask me for evidence or proof because I don’t have any.

Why wasn’t I notified about this? If I was 343 I would be out showing off that I got something right.

> Why wasn’t I notified about this? If I was 343 I would be out showing off that I got something right.

Was posted in the Matchmaking section.

> About 6 months too late.

Agreed, but better late than never right?

I do find it laughable that it took them SO long to add an X, and when they did it the first time…they messed it up.
How does one mess that up?

But I’m loving the update, Halo 4 is incrementally getting better!

It’s easy to see why people are still upset and pessimistic. When Halo 4 launched, there was nothing with no real justification for why no death marker was in place. And then when the community asked for a red X, they -Yoinked!- it up with a white X that disappears quickly and travels with the dead body it marks. While it is nice that they fixed it, they shouldn’t have had to fix this as a stationary red X is a simple concept.