The return of Dual-Wielding?

A guy that once operated my old college’s game club said that taking dual wielding out of Halo: Reach was the worst thing Bungie could have ever done. I disagreed.
Even though Dual-Wielding doesn’t change gameplay to an extreme, it is rather quite fun.
I played some Halo 3 earlier and it was enjoyable to dual-wield. Since Halo 4 is a sequel to Halo 3, shouldn’t it be logical that dual-wielding return?

yes please >.>

Oh Gawd yes!
Please yes.

> yes please >.>

I really -really- hope they bring back dual wielding. It would make my pants happy. I always enjoyed holding dual SMGs in Halo 3 while guarding the flag in capture the flag… or… I think it was SMGs. It’s been a few years… >.>

Yeah, I mean, it’s the Master Chief, he’s probably the only playable Halo character besides Elites that can duel wield. It’d be dumb if they didn’t bring it back. lol and it’d be cool if they made it to where you could duel wield an assault rifles or something.

> Yeah, I mean, it’s the Master Chief, he’s probably the only playable Halo character besides Elites that can duel wield. It’d be dumb if they didn’t bring it back. lol and it’d be cool if they made it to where you could duel wield an assault rifles or something.

pfft, you know how funny that sounds? dual-wield assault rifle, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everyone knows duel wielding Rocket Launchers and Spartans lazers and Needlers and shotguns is where its at! :smiley:

I liked dual wielding in Halo 2, but hated it in multiplayer in Halo 3. I think dual wielding should be exclusive to the campaign and either left out of multiplayer, or be an option in multiplayer rules whether you want it on or off.

Since we will be using MkVI-MkVII, it seems like the most logical thing would be to have it come back, but it needs to be improved in some way.
I liked it in Halo2-3, and I liked when it wasnt in CE-ODST-Reach

Cief+Dual wielding= God

You should be able to keep both dual-wielding weapons when you switch out to another one. Would it be too powerful?

Dual Wielding should make a return.

For consistency sake, 343i is going to have to bring back dual wielding. Unless Master Chief developed a bad case of Carpal Tunnel syndrome in his off hand or loses a few brain cells in cryo sleep, then he should definitely be using two weapons at once if the player chooses to do so.

Though if it can be tweaked to be viable in competitive settings, that would be icing on the cake. Though i love dual wielding, it being a cool idea isn’t enough to warrant it’s return. Improve upon the concept of dual wielding is all i am saying.

It can’t be as gamebreaking as Armor Abilities at least…

> Oh Gawd yes!
> Please yes.

> I liked dual wielding in Halo 2, but hated it in multiplayer in Halo 3. I think dual wielding should be exclusive to the campaign and either left out of multiplayer, or be <mark>an option in multiplayer rules whether you want it on or off.</mark>

Um, don’t pick up a second weapon?

I really love dual-wielding and sincerely hope it makes a return.

> For consistency sake, 343i is going to have to bring back dual wielding. Unless Master Chief developed a bad case of Carpal Tunnel syndrome in his off hand or loses a few brain cells in cryo sleep, then he should definitely be using two weapons at once if the player chooses to do so.
>
>
> Though if it can be tweaked to be viable in competitive settings, that would be icing on the cake. Though i love dual wielding, it being a cool idea isn’t enough to warrant it’s return. Improve upon the concept of dual wielding is all i am saying.
>
>
> It can’t be as gamebreaking as Armor Abilities at least…

There were a couple things that irked me when dual wielding. One, that you can’t throw grenades, and two, that if you want to dual wield an smg and a plasma rifle or some other such combo you had to look around the map for both weapons. But you’re right, if they found a way to make dual wielding better and more practical in a competitive setting it would be awesome.