THE REQUEST TO JOIN HAS TIMED OUT ISSUE????

ok so when im searching for a game on halo 5 it will find players and everything but then get stuck on game “loading” then send me back to the multiplayer menu then this error message will pop up saying “unable to join the request to join has timed out” is anyone else having this problem

by the way i have att uverse and a belkin router live in the U.S. getting 23mb down & 5mb up i have OPEN NAT (wired powerline adapter brand is tp link)
(i am apart of the new Xbox one experience program so)
the thing i have tried to do to play multiplayer:

-hard reset my Xbox and unplugged it doesn’t work

-unplugged Ethernet doesn’t work

-reset modem and router works for 2 games

-change DNS to google’s DNS servers doesn’t work

  • cleaned the disc doesn’t work

-re-uninstalled halo 5 doesn’t work

-clear mac address doesn’t work

-switched to wireless works for 2 games
then switched back to Ethernet works for 2 games

thanks 343 in the future when you fix this!!!

does anyone have a solution to my problem in need help!!!

anyone???

Yeah I kept getting the same issue yesterday. Its getting worse and worse for me.

Having that very same problem. If you hard reset the Xbox (hold the power button down on the console for a few seconds), hard rest the router and modem you should be able to play.

But here’s the kicker… If you change game modes or even leave the dedicated server you are in, you’ll have to do it all over again.

It’s STUPID, and ANNOYING but at least you’ll get a few games in

It’s not your ISP it’s Microsoft and 343 servers.

> 2572145144345102;5:
> Having that very same problem. If you hard reset the Xbox (hold the power button down on the console for a few seconds), hard rest the router and modem you should be able to play.
>
> But here’s the kicker… If you change game modes or even leave the dedicated server you are in, you’ll have to do it all over again.
>
> It’s STUPID, and ANNOYING but at least you’ll get a few games in
>
> It’s not your ISP it’s Microsoft and 343 servers.

ok i see that now at least can play…kind of…

It’s stupid, I was winning a match of free-for-all and I got disconnected. I’m on my university’s wired network which is 1 Gbps. Didn’t have the issue till yesterday.

> 2533274797915881;7:
> It’s stupid, I was winning a match of free-for-all and I got disconnected. I’m on my university’s wired network which is 1 Gbps. Didn’t have the issue till yesterday.

hopefully this will all be fixed soon

Have fun waiting for a solution. I haven’t played pvp for the past few days…

> 2533274982429046;9:
> Have fun waiting for a solution. I haven’t played pvp for the past few days…

well RxAxT already told me the issue so its kinda ok i can but cant leave lobbies 343i needs to hurry up and fix this man

> 2533274884122651;10:
> > 2533274982429046;9:
> > Have fun waiting for a solution. I haven’t played pvp for the past few days…
>
>
> well RxAxT already told me the issue so its kinda ok i can but cant leave lobbies 343i needs to hurry up and fix this man

Yeah and they it seems like they dont even plan to fix this. There has been no word from 343i about this

> 2533274982429046;11:
> > 2533274884122651;10:
> > > 2533274982429046;9:
> > > Have fun waiting for a solution. I haven’t played pvp for the past few days…
> >
> >
> > well RxAxT already told me the issue so its kinda ok i can but cant leave lobbies 343i needs to hurry up and fix this man
>
>
> Yeah and they it seems like they dont even plan to fix this. There has been no word from 343i about this

you are right been a week and a half now still no help with the halo 5 servers this is sad really sad

> 2533274884122651;1:
> ok so when im searching for a game on halo 5 it will find players and everything but then get stuck on game “loading” then send me back to the multiplayer menu then this error message will pop up saying “unable to join the request to join has timed out” is anyone else having this problem
>
> by the way i have att uverse and a belkin router live in the U.S. getting 23mb down & 5mb up i have OPEN NAT (wired powerline adapter brand is tp link)
> (i am apart of the new Xbox one experience program so)
> the thing i have tried to do to play multiplayer:
>
> -hard reset my Xbox and unplugged it doesn’t work
>
> -unplugged Ethernet doesn’t work
>
> -reset modem and router works for 2 games
>
> -change DNS to google’s DNS servers doesn’t work
>
> - cleaned the disc doesn’t work
>
> -re-uninstalled halo 5 doesn’t work
>
> -clear mac address doesn’t work
>
> -switched to wireless works for 2 games
> then switched back to Ethernet works for 2 games
>
> thanks 343 in the future when you fix this!!!

Do you also get the error message that says you have been disconnected from the local server?

> 2533274792686344;13:
> > 2533274884122651;1:
> > ok so when im searching for a game on halo 5 it will find players and everything but then get stuck on game “loading” then send me back to the multiplayer menu then this error message will pop up saying “unable to join the request to join has timed out” is anyone else having this problem
> >
> > by the way i have att uverse and a belkin router live in the U.S. getting 23mb down & 5mb up i have OPEN NAT (wired powerline adapter brand is tp link)
> > (i am apart of the new Xbox one experience program so)
> > the thing i have tried to do to play multiplayer:
> >
> > -hard reset my Xbox and unplugged it doesn’t work
> >
> > -unplugged Ethernet doesn’t work
> >
> > -reset modem and router works for 2 games
> >
> > -change DNS to google’s DNS servers doesn’t work
> >
> > - cleaned the disc doesn’t work
> >
> > -re-uninstalled halo 5 doesn’t work
> >
> > -clear mac address doesn’t work
> >
> > -switched to wireless works for 2 games
> > then switched back to Ethernet works for 2 games
> >
> > thanks 343 in the future when you fix this!!!
>
>
> Do you also get the error message that says you have been disconnected from the local server?

yes it just pop up today but i usually don’t get this too often this is the third time it happen… the error message i get the most is “unable to join the request to join has timed out”

If you click on Solo Campaign it kind of refreshes the lobby data or something then click back on Mulitplayer and then it works. (Well for me anyways). Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

> 2535416305016633;15:
> If you click on Solo Campaign it kind of refreshes the lobby data or something then click back on Mulitplayer and then it works. (Well for me anyways). Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Sorry I just re read your thing properly and seems yours is a different problem to mine /:

> 2535416305016633;16:
> > 2535416305016633;15:
> > If you click on Solo Campaign it kind of refreshes the lobby data or something then click back on Mulitplayer and then it works. (Well for me anyways). Hope this helps! :slight_smile:
>
>
> Sorry I just re read your thing properly and seems yours is a different problem to mine /:

ok well thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Having same issue. Happens when I am in a party. Either myself or my party member will get hung up on the loading bar while the other gets in. Then the one who gets hung up gets an error message to the effect of “Your connection to the server has been lost.” Seems completely random who it is that gets hung up. Happens probably every 5th or so match. Then the only solution we’ve found is to hard reset both of our Xboxes… Then we get 5 or so more matches before the problem happens again.

To make things worse, if the person who got in exits the game, they get banned for 20 minutes for leaving a game. It is pretty crazy that we’re having this type of issue in 2015, though I suppose it could be worse (Master Chief Collection).

Forgot to mention, my party mate and I are on the same network, same router. Every other game we can play together just fine and it is clearly not an NAT issue… Don’t know if that makes a difference, but that is a factor.