The Remastered Halo Ring

Towards the end of the anniversary trailer you see the halo ring in a purple space with metal pieces sticking out around it that’s something I’m not use to but what do you all think? Do yall like the new halo ring or no?

Looks akin to Halo 3’s Installation 04B.

It’s realistic after all, there are tons of under ground passages, some deeper, in the ‘basement’ of the ring if you will, the pieces sticking out must be those.

I actually think it looks pretty bad -Yoink-. I also love the effect of how the Mountains on the ring are popping out a little bit to give it that 3 dimensional look to it instead of the flat landscape in the original.

I personally think the walls on the edges of the land area are a bit higher than they should be, otherwise it’s pretty nice looking.

The ring is nice it’s a lil bit thicker but that makes sense with there being deep underground passages but the metal pieces looks like scales to me and theres never been scales on any of the rings (halo 1-3) if they replace the scales with the original lights that surrounded it it would be alot nicer and this isnt a big deal but there wasnt a purple space at the end of Reach

> I actually think it looks pretty bad Yoink!. I also love the effect of how the Mountains on the ring are popping out a little bit to give it that 3 dimensional look to it instead of the flat landscape in the original.

I think the mountains you’re seeing might be the rocks floating in space

> > I actually think it looks pretty bad Yoink!. I also love the effect of how the Mountains on the ring are popping out a little bit to give it that 3 dimensional look to it instead of the flat landscape in the original.
>
> I think the mountains you’re seeing might be the rocks floating in space

Nope, they mean the mountains, just need to look a bit closer

Ω

> > > I actually think it looks pretty bad Yoink!. I also love the effect of how the Mountains on the ring are popping out a little bit to give it that 3 dimensional look to it instead of the flat landscape in the original.
> >
> > I think the mountains you’re seeing might be the rocks floating in space
>
> Nope, they mean the mountains, just need to look a bit closer
>
> Ω

I only see them on the left edge of the ring which could be just rocks but then again I’m just speculating so I might be wrong

I think the metal pieces jutting out of the ring look good.

It’s not a Halo ring in the trailer! It’s a shield world( Like Onyx) silly! The metal sticking out is the door to the interior. Wow! Shield worlds were built to protect the Forerunners when the Halo rings were fired.

There are details in the mountains where the land meets the walls of the Halo. There is also rock debris and metal fins on the ring.
Image link

> It’s not a Halo ring in the trailer! It’s a shield world( Like Onyx) silly! The metal sticking out is the door to the interior. Wow! Shield worlds were built to protect the Forerunners when the Halo rings were fired.

This thread is about Halo Anniversary, not Halo 4.

> It’s not a Halo ring in the trailer! It’s a shield world( Like Onyx) silly! The metal sticking out is the door to the interior. Wow! Shield worlds were built to protect the Forerunners when the Halo rings were fired.

I’m sure in the trailer that’s a halo ring you must be thinking of the halo 4 trailer

> There are details in the mountains where the land meets the walls of the Halo. There is also rock debris and metal fins on the ring.
> Image link

you’re right, they probably are mountains

> > There are details in the mountains where the land meets the walls of the Halo. There is also rock debris and metal fins on the ring.
> > Image link
>
> you’re right, they probably are mountains

If you look at the Inside Xbox video where they are talking about Halo CEA and Halo 4, where it has the ring moving in the background on the main menu, you can get a good look at it. It looks really cool.

Unlike a lot of people, I am loving the look of the weapons, sky, space and vehicles of CE:A (not sure about all those islands and mountains in the distance on Silent Cartographer but I’ll cope), but the actual Halo ring in the main menu looks awful. It’s got all kinds of silly lights and things sticking out of it and I can’t help but think it looks unnecessarily complicated. I miss the simple, grey metal design of the original. I can’t imagine why the Forunners would cover the thing in fancy lighting. It just goes against the design of every other Halo installation we’ve seen in the other games. It seems like 343 is trying too hard to make the game look as fancy as possible, some things are better left alone.

What do you guys think?

I’m only soncerned with the bottom of it, which is definitely not something true to the original, nor is it welcomed. The actual world on the ring looks great, though.

Honestly, I love the look of the new ring. It’s sharp and with more parts that give it more dimension. It’s not some painted ring anymore, it’s nearly a constructed ring.

I mean, it’s really what the ring in halo 3 would’ve looked like and seemed more authetic to forerunner designs, and well, designs.

Ahh, I see my thread got moved into another one. Probably should have searched, my bad.

Anyway, It think the space around the ring, with the asteroids and everything, looks amazing, as does the surface of the ring, but the outside is just ugly. If they just removed the weird looking fins and those random blue lights, it would be perfect.