The relationship between Chief and Laskey

My questions is this:

If the Chief and Laskey have such an interesting encounter in Forward Unto Dawn with Chief helping him and everything, why is this not referenced in Halo 4?

Are we to just assume that encounter was brushed under the rug and the Chief doesn’t care? I know he has a lot going on, but what really bothers me is at the end, Laskey mentions that he went to Corbulo as if Chief had no clue. I thought Chief was Laskey’s inspiration for pressing on and doing as well as he did after the Corbulo assault.

I’m not asking for much, but a simple, “you have done well for yourself Laskey” would have been all I needed to make the connection between the series and the game.

Thoughts?

i havent finished the campaign yet but
lasky does say “never thought id see you again”
its small but it is there

I doubt Chief remembers, he’s saved a heck of a lot of people before and a few marine Cadets won’t be at the forefront of his memory 20 or so years later.

He remember Lasky. There is a lot of small dialogue that point to that “Don’t call me sir thingy”/“never thought id see you again”. But most importantly 343i need to make the game playable and understandable without refering the player to event that have real link with the main story just like you don’t need the book to understand any of the Halo games.

I’m confident Chief remembers, as I recall, the Spartans have excellent memories. I think I remember chief saying “Lasky” when he saw his waypoint or something on the fourth level as if the name sounded familiar. Plus, it was one of his first post-augmented missions and one where he had to save kids who were around his age.

> I’m confident Chief remembers, as I recall, the Spartans have excellent memories. I think I remember chief saying “Lasky” when he saw his waypoint or something on the fourth level as if the name sounded familiar. Plus, it was one of his first post-augmented missions and one where he had to save kids who were around his age.

I remember this now. I’ll try and pay more attention on my legendary play-through to see if there was some small dialogue I might have missed. Guess that’s my own fault for blitzing through the campaign in one sitting after the midnight launch. Memory got a little fuzzy after the mission with the Mammoth.

Think you’re right though. I’m sure there is something in that augmented data bank of a brain of his that could have triggered something when seeing hearing his name. Maybe the situation just didn’t call for a “hey I remember you” ordeal. More of a “hey, I’m going to save your butt once again so we can catch up later”

Thanks for the responses guys.

Finish the campaign, you;ll get your answers.

Why the hell wasnt laskey or anyone surprised that the chief is alive, after nearly 5 years presumed dead (or MIA) he comes back and every thing is just casual.