The red outline around enemys

In multiplayer it’s annoying that you can see enemy outlines in red. Specially the flag carrier glowing like a glow stick! Think this feature should be removed from multiplayer keep team mates in outline blue.
Reason being in VS it stops any type of sneak play and also at long distance you can see enemy’s from so far away if this feature was removed it would make multiplayer allot more interesting and allot more harder

3 Likes

Completely agree, this is my biggest complaint about MP. I have always been the teammate to sneak behind enemy lines to grab the flag, board tanks, etc. This feature absolutely eliminates the players that want to be stealthy and there is no way to hide to protect your base flag or territory. I think they did this to try and speed up the game play but being able to see enemies like they are a signal flare is a little ridiculous. Being a console player it also adds another frustration when going up against PC players who already have an aiming advantage on me.

1 Like

I’m kinda torn between this issue because on one hand it can help people see enemies, especially if they are visually impaired or maybe they can’t see very well. I also kinda like it too because it allows for the colour of your Spartan to be retained, but on the other hand, like the OP said, it does make you glow like a glow stick, which doesn’t help if you’re trying to be sneaky/stealthy.

1 Like

I find that the outlines are simultaneously unhelpful in team identification some times and a hindrance to stealthy play-styles.

It’s easy to spot someone literally on the other side of the map with outlines. And at the same time, when things get busy in a match the outlines end up being little more than visual noise. I’ve had times where I just completely forget what team the enemy is on at one point, and I seen some of my team mates do it too.

I’d prefer to just have team coloured armour, but then they couldn’t try to sell us a bunch of primary colours for about £10 each, could they?

3 Likes

They should at least let us choose classic Red vs. Blue as an accessibility option.
In third person view (while holding a turret, driving or highjacking a vehicle, etc.) they could let us see our own Spartan with the colors that we chose for them, but all other Spartans would be color coded as Red or Blue.

2 Likes

I cant stand it. Even if we had an option to turn it off it pointless because youre then playing at a disadvantage.

1 Like

Yeah they do need to change it I think
Maybe they will turn it in ranked play but something needs to be done we can only hope

I see what you mean by that but at the same time even on every halo made they haven’t done it if they keep it just In social that’s okay but I think more competitive play it should be off

Yeah just team coloured in blue would be awesome
I would of been happy with just RED and BLUE team colours with no outline like all the halos

1 Like

I don’t even know why they changed it from Red v Blue
When all other halos are the same

1 Like

Yeah if there was an option be so at a disadvantage
But if there was you could do social and build your awareness up

If your enemies are any color other than yellow, you’re doing it wrong.

Don’t sprint with flag.
But they do need to tone down the distance before your flag is shown on the map, because it makes flag juggling stupid cos people cross map can see where you are based on where you are juggling.

1 Like

I agree, turning it off but allowing to see team mates as your chosen colour, but neither team sees the opposite teams outline still works as you can identify between friendly and foe. Exactly as it worked in FFA in literally every other halo.

I despise the outline system

1 Like

Even if it’s yellow it should be turned off or any colour
They never done it in the other halo games

Yes just keep team mates in the outline would be perfect

1 Like

Yeah flag juggling there’s no point on here I agree if they changed that say like a 5 second delay when it’s dropped it will appear