The recent movement update is terribleness!

Does anyone else miss the fluidity of Halo 4 when it initially released. I had to take about a 2 week hiatus from playing due to a move and I come back to this update and my K/D has dropped immensely due to the unfortunate new speed. Why change what already worked? I am about to quit playing 343, I hope you take notice that you have done an adequate job with the new Halo but you are no Bungie. This saddens me.

The skill gap got a bit higher, so I just can politely recommend you to get better. The settings are very good imo.

Sorry OP, I guess you’ll get better after you’ve had some time to adapt and get used to the new changes.

What did they do? I don’t notice anything that’s different.

The speed increase allows strafing to be more defensive, I would work on getting a better strafe, learning how to ghandi hop or just getting better with your aim.

I didn’t like the update at first because my old tactics don’t work anymore, so I can see where you’re coming from. That being said, I suggest you spend more time with the Update. I enjoy it more now and welcome the changes.

> What did they do? I don’t notice anything that’s different.

They increased movementspeed from 100% to 110%. It was done at the same time as the weapon tuning update.

110% movement speed was necessary
You talk about fluidity without realising that the updates movement speed actually makes H4 MORE fluid
Strafing actually works now
It’s fantastic that certain users cough-DMRusers-cough
Can’t rely on the super aim assist and bullet magnetism to get them kills as much as usual
The 110% movement speed makes the game feel much much better

no the updated movement speed is amazing

H4 now just requires more skill to play, hence why your KD has dropped.

If the moved AA’s to ordinance drops/ put weapons only on maps

and had visible rnakign system we might have ourselves a legit halo game

It’s better imo

I do seem to pown kids with my br and strafing a lot better now.

My only complaint is that shield recharge speed was not adjusted accordingly.

I’ll have to do some more testing (I just came back after a long hiatus from H4), but it seems the movement speed makes games more fluid, encounter times are quicker. I noticed my strafe is working several orders of a degree better than 3-4 months ago and makes the smaller maps play more akin to H2-H3. That being said, I’ve noticed A LOT more lag in game than before. Some of it seems tied to the movement speed as if the game/server/p2p connections cannot keep track of everything as quickly as it’s happening. That however could also just be a by-product of lower population etc.

In any case, faster base movement speed is certainly welcome.

> Does anyone else miss the fluidity of Halo 4 when it initially released. I had to take about a 2 week hiatus from playing due to a move and I come back to this update and my K/D has dropped immensely due to the unfortunate new speed. Why change what already worked? I am about to quit playing 343, I hope you take notice that you have done an adequate job with the new Halo but you are no Bungie. This saddens me.

1st.

• It is your own fault if you don’t seek for updates and search about them.
    2nd.
  • Your K/D probably dropped because the skill gap increased, if someone is better player he or she now will be at the top of the score board.
    3rd.
  • Who plays for K/D anyway? Quiting a game because your K/D dropped rather then learn how to play is as stupid as this thread. (No offense)

The settings are infinitely better.