The reason why MM infection got dull.

Hello Community!

I am here today to make a point, A point that will hopefully reach 343 I.

I am here to explain why infection in reach matchmaking got dull, and how to fix that.

Weeks prior to the release of Halo: Reach, it was speculated around the Bnet forums that infection would have it’s own playlist.
I ofcourse, as a big infection fan, was thrilled that it would finally have it’s own playlist, that didn’t only show up sometimes in the weekends, like in Halo 3.

After weeks and weeks of waiting, the infection playlist was finally loaded up into reach’s definite playlists. Unfortunately, The case with the playlist was: It had only 1 kind of infection, and all the maps were just standard Reach maps.
Thinking, the playlist was new, thought that they’d add in some new maps in a few weeks.

After another few weeks of waiting, Nothing.
Still extremely dissapointed, i read through the forums, about some new information about infection.
I read that Alpha zombie, from halo 3, would FINALLY be included into reach!
Happy that it was included i started playing it.
A few days later bungie announced that infection MM would include Alpha zombie, and it did.

Now, current day, i still feel that something is missing about the infection playlist.

And i finally figured it out: Community infection maps.

See, in halo 3, when you had the double XP weekends, you occasially had, The living dead playlist, which featured various infection games, with infection maps created by bungie, and the community.

Halo reach has neither of those.

We need to get this message to 343, so they can make Infection in MM fun again, and make reach’s replayability Higher!

TL;DR

Halo reach’s MM infection needs community created infection maps and gametypes.

Summing up the changes that living dead needs (both MM and custom games) in order to be awesome again:

1. community content
  2. more players
  3. no global speak, in which you can hear and talk to the infected if you’re a zombie, and the other way round. It’s a big NO NO
  4. ???
  5. …Profit!

I think infection having a regular playlist hurt matters. It was a lot of fun as an occasional thing in Halo 3, but even then I thought to myself it would get stale if it were always available. Careful what you wish for I guess.

Things that ruined living dead

Armor Abilities: No evading zombies, just no! sprinting humans was k though

Like you said no custom maps

The maps we do have are terrible for infection.

> I think infection having a regular playlist hurt matters. It was a lot of fun as an occasional thing in Halo 3, but even then I thought to myself it would get stale if it were always available. Careful what you wish for I guess.

I’m not talking about extreme gametype, such as “FatKid” Or “tetris”. But gametypes where the zombies are really fast and partially invisible, and do half or 75% damage, and maps that have great looks and architecture, Like Haunted mansion, or Bubonic (although that was just rat’s nest.) But you get my point.