The Reason Why I Will Not Return to Halo 5

With the Removal of FFA, Halo 5 will live in the Graveyard. Ever hopeful of the return of this Classic Playlist, 343s continues to leave FFA in shadows. Despite the lack of community, FFA has existed within Halo since the beginning of time and should continue to do so. At least for a Social Playlist… but that doesn’t exist ether. Fortunately with the coming release of Halo: Infinite, Halo 5 will be moved over to MCC. But that’s the point I’m getting at, this game will reach it’s final resting place, once and for all.

Fair enough, but there is no indication that H5 will be moved over to MCC at any point. MCC was made to be a collection of classic games from the 360.

> 2535436842347664;1:
> With the Removal of FFA, Halo 5 will live in the Graveyard. Ever hopeful of the return of this Classic Playlist, 343s continues to leave FFA in shadows. Despite the lack of community, FFA has existed within Halo since the beginning of time and should continue to do so. At least for a Social Playlist… but that doesn’t exist ether. Fortunately with the coming release of Halo: Infinite, Halo 5 will be moved over to MCC. But that’s the point I’m getting at, this game will reach it’s final resting place, once and for all.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that FFA is returning to rotation soon, but Head-to-Head is returning for the ranked season beginning this Thursday. It’s only a 1v1 playlist instead of 8 players duking it out, but it still might be something worth trying out!

> 2533274918195451;3:
> > 2535436842347664;1:
> > With the Removal of FFA, Halo 5 will live in the Graveyard. Ever hopeful of the return of this Classic Playlist, 343s continues to leave FFA in shadows. Despite the lack of community, FFA has existed within Halo since the beginning of time and should continue to do so. At least for a Social Playlist… but that doesn’t exist ether. Fortunately with the coming release of Halo: Infinite, Halo 5 will be moved over to MCC. But that’s the point I’m getting at, this game will reach it’s final resting place, once and for all.
>
> Unfortunately, I do not believe that FFA is returning to rotation soon, but Head-to-Head is returning for the ranked season beginning this Thursday. It’s only a 1v1 playlist instead of 8 players duking it out, but it still might be something worth trying out!

Are the maps for that playlist in the customs section of the game? I never got a chance to play that playlist, but wanted to check the maps out before I jump into it. I’ve watched it played before though. Pretty cool how radar is a pick up you fight over.

Really, what they should have done is moved Free-For-All to the Social section or had a Social version as well as Ranked. It might have been played more if it was possible to play without worrying about ranking. Also, perhaps it could have benefitted from having a few objective game modes like Oddball and King of the Hill in there. Free for All Slayer is already unique enough on its own, but it is still Slayer and I think Halo 5 is rather lacking in the objectives department, especially in Social.

But now Free for All Slayer is gone, meaning there is actually no way to play the mode in Matchmaking anymore, only in custom games. Which is kind of sad. I mean, Free For All is like a universal game mode that you expect to see in almost every shooter! Maybe they will add it to the list of rotational playlists, but I’m doubtful. I think that this year’s lineup is already determined and Halo Infinite is launching later this year, at which point Halo 5 will surely vanish. Heh…I suppose that might not be a completely bad thing. It IS Halo 5, after all.

Here’s hoping it will be better in Halo Infinite.

> 2533274842046585;4:
> > 2533274918195451;3:
> > > 2535436842347664;1:
> > > With the Removal of FFA, Halo 5 will live in the Graveyard. Ever hopeful of the return of this Classic Playlist, 343s continues to leave FFA in shadows. Despite the lack of community, FFA has existed within Halo since the beginning of time and should continue to do so. At least for a Social Playlist… but that doesn’t exist ether. Fortunately with the coming release of Halo: Infinite, Halo 5 will be moved over to MCC. But that’s the point I’m getting at, this game will reach it’s final resting place, once and for all.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I do not believe that FFA is returning to rotation soon, but Head-to-Head is returning for the ranked season beginning this Thursday. It’s only a 1v1 playlist instead of 8 players duking it out, but it still might be something worth trying out!
>
> Are the maps for that playlist in the customs section of the game? I never got a chance to play that playlist, but wanted to check the maps out before I jump into it. I’ve watched it played before though. Pretty cool how radar is a pick up you fight over.

To be honest, I have not dived into it either. I am excited to try it out for the first time this season though!

I highly doubt 5 will ever be added to the MCC.

I am sad to see another longtime playlist go though. It seems like the only way to find a match lately is fiesta, which isn’t really my cup of tea