The reason why Halo 4 has no hype

Halo 4 has fallen to Black Ops 2 as the second most pre-ordered game. You may ask, where is all the hype. Why isnt 343 marketing Halo more. 343 isnt attempting to compete with COD. You all should know how Treyarch and IW work. COD appeals to the mainstream gamer. No one was expecting Halo 4 to look like this. Who is going to be hyped for a game that has COD elements added to it? 343 will build hype towards next month. 343 isnt Bungie. Forward Unto Dawn is enough hype as it is. Where is the Black Ops 2 live action web series? There is none.

Halo’s replability is in both the story and the campaign. As for COD. How many COD fans play it for the story? Very few do. 343 is releasing info bit by bit. They build hype their way and last time I checked. COD didnt have a full blown panel at PAX that alone is hype.

Speak for yourself when you say it has no hype. Halo 4 is definitely hyped. Everybody is anxiously awaiting the return of Master Chief!

I’m majorly hyped up for Halo 4! it may not be widespread hype like CoD does but inside the community it’s pretty good.

> I’m majorly hyped up for Halo 4! it may not be widespread hype like CoD does but inside the community it’s pretty good.

Because CoD is more popular than Halo. It’s as simple as that. It doesn’t mean Halo 4 isn’t hyped. Nah mean brah?

I’m hyped, and I could care less what other people think of this game, it’s not going to affect my opinion.

> Speak for yourself when you say it has no hype. You and the other two people who aren’t hyped for this game can go sit in a corner. Halo 4 definitely has more hype than 3.

No it doesn’t.

343I is probably staying away from the hype train after they saw the reaction from the IRIS hype (halo 3) and the initial hype for reach. Thus they being honest and not trying to over hype fans when they know people are iffy as it is.

> > I’m majorly hyped up for Halo 4! it may not be widespread hype like CoD does but inside the community it’s pretty good.
>
> <mark>Because CoD is more popular than Halo.</mark> It’s as simple as that. It doesn’t mean Halo 4 isn’t hyped. Nah mean brah?

The main reason being it acts and sells itself as a hardcore tactical shooter, but rewards everybody with shiny numbers and metals, even those who go negative in every match. And of course it’s multi-platform.

the difference between the hype of the two is the marketing strategy.

343 has been showing off small bits of info over the course of some time now and still has yet to show everything.

Treyarch however has held off until recently when they showed off a TON of BO2 info in a short amount of time and the only thing we still don’t know about BO2 is the zombie mode.

That’s why only recently has BO2 passed Halo 4 in pre-orders. Before they were way behind compared to most games.

The reason i think halo 4 has very little hype compared to halo 2&3 is because 343 have not been advertising enough of the story/campaign of the game, they need to release a bigger and better trailer focusing on master chief and the ancient evil.

Most of my friends/online friends hated Reach and stopped playing Halo as a result, most of those people are also looking forward to Halo 4. A lot of Halo fans are hyped, that’s what counts.

Microsoft’s marketing strategy sucks compared to Activision. Halo 4’s multiplayer was revealed under the radar in a sea of other games at E3 2012. People had pretty much seen all there is to see at that point. Whereas

CoD fans have been anxiously waiting for a multiplayer reveal for months. So when they finally did reveal a trailer at a relatively quiet time, the trailer gets 6,000,000 views on YouTube and pre-orders skyrocket ten-fold!

343 and Microsoft should have waited until Gamescom to blow the doors on multiplayer. If they would have done that, hype would have exploded! But no, they revealed a tiny bit of multiplayer, and then a tiny bit more. bad strategy if you ask me.

FUD is a horrible hype machine. No one wants to see a Halo movie to hype them for the game. They want to see the game!

Their trailers are pretty bad too. they should have released a full-blown multipeeps trailer on the internet instead of those tiny little “B-rolls” I think they call them.

I think 343i are just being more… “honest” with their hype. We all saw the backlash when Reach was released. They are building up slowly, but they aren’t bull-Yoinking! the audience with unrealistic promises and half-truths. Come late September, we’ll probably be assaulted by Halo 4 ads. Not at the level of Black Ops, mind you, but pretty good hype, I’m sure.

For anyone curious to see the pre-order charts, i’ll post it for ya.

This is just the US pre-order charts by the way.

I don’t think there is no hype.

little hype makes me a happy camper, i just want a bit more information

They will begin to market it more when it gets closer to release, its still August and the game does not come out until November. As for Black Ops 2 there marketing strategy is different then what halo needs to be and there are reasons for it. Now I could understand being worried about non hype if this was the Wii U because the thing is to come out this year and we still do not know an exact date or price on the console ugh. But as for Halo they will the start marketing later then BO2 because its a different game. Why does no one on here get that halo is a console exclusive and Call of Duty is multiplatform.

> little hype makes me a happy camper, i just want a bit more information

Pax is coming soon!! and hopefully a wealth of information with it :slight_smile:

Im hyped

I forgot to say one other reason in the difference in hype is because how the game where released. Lets look at Call of Duty first.
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 2009
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2010
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 2011
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 2012

As you can see besides a release every year black ops sequel is only two years apart. Now lets Look at Halo.

Halo 3 2007 (Main Game going forward in the time line)
Halo Wars 2009 (Prequel RTS)
Halo 3 ODST 2009 (Prequel Expansion for Halo 3)
Halo Reach 2010 (Prequel Main game)
Halo CEA 2011 (Updated Release of campaign/ multiplayer maps)
Halo 4 2012 (Sequel to Halo 3 Main Game)

As you can see it been 5 years since we have a had a continuation in story where as cod is every 2 years. Halo 4 will be getting just as much Hype but it can start more towards its release where as cod needs all the hype it can get.

Just because it’s number 2 on the pre-order list means it isn’t hyped? If it weren’t being hyped, it wouldn’t even be on the list. Black Ops 2 may be getting more pre-orders, but that doesn’t mean anything. It’ll just end up being the same game that people will buy again next year. I think it’s pretty safe to say Halo 4 has plenty of hype.