The reason why EU Halo can't grow.

There’s a lot of points to make here, so I better just start. Arena. Let’s just say if I want to play Arena in Europe, I wanna be playing from about 7am - 1pm. The reasoning for this is after 1pm, all the NA players wake up and the players that don’t seem to have jobs or an education to complete (there seems to be a lot) suddenly turn on their Xbox and play the game. Now in no way am I implying the NA players are better which is making me not want to play at these times. More of the fact that even if I play in a Fireteam of 4 EU players, we match NA players and are forced to play on an NA server. Meaning trying to get kills is like shooting a marshmallow gun. There was a fix for this, The Region Lock, which still confuses me to why it was removed. Yes the amount of EU players playing the game is a lot lower, so it took longer to find games. But in truth, i’d rather wait longer to play games then be put in a lobby of NA players on an NA server getting turned on after firing 10 bullets into their skull. How does anyone expect the EU Halo scene to grow if players are being forced to play in these conditions at the normal time of playing games (4pm - 10pm). I’m expecting NA players to comment saying “Well get good then” which is half my point. I can’t. How can I progress as a player if I’m constantly at a disadvantage. A solution to this problem isn’t simple and I don’t expect 343 to do it anytime soon. That solution being creating dedicated servers which are located so EU players and NA players can connect to each other and play at a fair level.
I’m new to Halo, but I know how games work. I believe this problem can be solved with a little bit of time. I hope someone that can make a difference actually see’s this as I think it’s a pretty big issue for the game and the whole community. Thanks for reading.

-Impure

It’s game breaking and totally baffling…

I think the problem is that people play have this happen then don’t want to play which then feeds more into this problem since you guys won’t have enough population then dip into NA

343 really should implement an option in the matchmaking process that allows players to chose (solution in order to priority):

• Specific server to connect to with numeric ping values - Region lock (active choice EU, NA, Asia and so in) - Or at least to priortize low ping games before extending search to higher ping ratiosIf players can chose for themselves you satisfy both players who wish to play games with good connection only and those who prefer to find games fast.

Was this long, long paragraph really necessary? The region lock was introduced because people were getting US servers from outside the US and everyone was experiencing garbage lag. Then people complained, because they literally could not find any games. This was particularly bad for very high ranked players. Then, removed it again, and now people are back to complaining about lag on US servers. Surprise. You’re not saying anything that hasn’t been said.

> 2535427143310316;1:
> A solution to this problem isn’t simple and I don’t expect 343 to do it anytime soon. That solution being creating dedicated servers which are located so EU players and NA players can connect to each other and play at a fair level.
> I’m new to Halo, but I know how games work. I believe this problem can be solved with a little bit of time. I hope someone that can make a difference actually see’s this as I think it’s a pretty big issue for the game and the whole community. Thanks for reading.

I don’t think you do know how games work, because your solution literally makes no sense. They obviously have dedicated servers in the EU. They have them in the US. Where do you think they should put them? In the middle of the Atlantic?

How can a decision to please 25% of people over 75% of people be a good decision?

> 2535427143310316;1:
> …I wanna be playing from about 7am - 1pm. The reasoning for this is after 1pm, all the NA players wake up and the players that don’t seem to have jobs or an education to complete (there seems to be a lot) suddenly turn on their Xbox and play the game.

You have a 7am to 1pm block to play Halo and you’re throwing crap at others for potentially not having jobs. Way to keep it classy.

The removal of region lock is killing this game for us players in Europe.

> 2533274890584596;5:
> Was this long, long paragraph really necessary? The region lock was introduced because people were getting US servers from outside the US and everyone was experiencing garbage lag. Then people complained, because they literally could not find any games. This was particularly bad for very high ranked players. Then, removed it again, and now people are back to complaining about lag on US servers. Surprise. You’re not saying anything that hasn’t been said.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535427143310316;1:
> > A solution to this problem isn’t simple and I don’t expect 343 to do it anytime soon. That solution being creating dedicated servers which are located so EU players and NA players can connect to each other and play at a fair level.
> > I’m new to Halo, but I know how games work. I believe this problem can be solved with a little bit of time. I hope someone that can make a difference actually see’s this as I think it’s a pretty big issue for the game and the whole community. Thanks for reading.
>
>
> I don’t think you do know how games work, because your solution literally makes no sense. They obviously have dedicated servers in the EU. They have them in the US. Where do you think they should put them? In the middle of the Atlantic?

That wasn’t my point. Playing against NA player put EU players on NA Servers. You wouldn’t understand as you’ve not had to deal with it before. I agree it shuts out the higher ranked players but some other solution could be made instead of removing region lock. But I wasn’t implying to put it mid way, but more make servers which can equalise the connection for bth parties.