The reason I think halo 2 arcade wont happen.

I think that 343i wont make it because you can already play Halo 2 for vista or windows 7 and its has Live support and has all the maps, including 2 new ones and custom ones that you can download on the internet. The down part is that only 100 people play it , including me.

> I think that 343i wont make it because you can already play Halo 2 for vista or windows 7 and its has Live support and has all the maps, including 2 new ones and custom ones that you can download on the internet. The down part is that only 100 people play it , including me.

It makes sense that they wouldnt do it if the PC version still had a big population. But since it has such a low population, it seems to me that’d actually be even more of a reason for them to re release it on XBL arcade. To get more people to download it (they make more money this way) and have more people play it. Cause I’m pretty sure there are more people willing to download it on their xbox rather than play it on PC.

Either way, I don’t really want Halo 2 arcade to happen unless everything is exactly like it was (superjumps, button combos, etc.) which is very unlikely in today’s video game world, since glitches like those are fixed through updates and would probably be fixed before they even released it.

Blasphemy!

343, please at the very least make Halo 4’s multiplayer like Halo 2’s.

Yeah, except for the fact where there’s a total of 60 games online, which half of them are completely empty.

Halo:CE for the PC is still playable to this day, yet they chose to remake Halo:CE on the 360.

I believe that it’s got the same chances of happening as Halo:CEA had.

> I think that 343i wont make it because you can already play Halo 2 for vista or windows 7 and its has Live support and has all the maps, including 2 new ones and custom ones that you can download on the internet. The down part is that only 100 people play it , including me.

I dont think Microsoft enjoys making money

Charge 40$ for the game with live. People will buy it. People will play it.

> Blasphemy!
>
> 343, please at the very least make Halo 4’s multiplayer like Halo 2’s.

Wouldn’t that be nice. :slight_smile:

Honestly, they don’t even count it as Halo even on the waypoint app on xbox. Proof is because Halo 2 Vista achievements do not count towards your halo gamerscore on waypoint.

I think Microsoft wants to forget that Halo 2 Vista was ever made.

Halo 2’s popularity was based alot on not only the core gameplay, but the glitches that actually complemeted the gameplay, If they remade Halo 2, I can almost guarantee you they will “fix” these glitches and tactics that renowned Halo 2.

So I think that if they remade Halo 2 it would be a huge fail because it wont be the same Halo online as we all know and loved, and it will make Microsft look more butthurt for not being able to come up with anything new for Halo.

> Halo 2’s popularity was based alot on not only the core gameplay, but the glitches that actually complemeted the gameplay, If they remade Halo 2, I can almost guarantee you they will “fix” these glitches and tactics that renowned Halo 2.
>
> So I think that if they remade Halo 2 it would be a huge fail because it wont be the same Halo online as we all know and loved, and it will make Microsft look more butthurt for not being able to come up with anything new for Halo.

They didn’t fixed Bugs or Glitches in CEA campaign, so why should they do something naive like that?

> Halo 2’s popularity was based alot on not only the core gameplay, but the glitches that actually complemeted the gameplay, If they remade Halo 2, I can almost guarantee you they will “fix” these glitches and tactics that renowned Halo 2.
>
> So I think that if they remade Halo 2 it would be a huge fail because it wont be the same Halo online as we all know and loved, and it will make Microsft look more butthurt for not being able to come up with anything new for Halo.

Well on the PC port they did fix super bouncing but BXR and double shot and all of the button combo glitches were left in.

But this may be because Halo 2 PC uses an updated version of the havok physics engine than Halo 2 on Xbox. Bungie explained on a bnet thread back in 2007 that super bounces were not intentional and they were caused by a fault in that version of Havok physics engine.

So this could mean the only way to have super bounces back is to include it as an actual feature. It would be cool to have like a super bounce on/off switch for custom games.

> > Halo 2’s popularity was based alot on not only the core gameplay, but the glitches that actually complemeted the gameplay, If they remade Halo 2, I can almost guarantee you they will “fix” these glitches and tactics that renowned Halo 2.
> >
> > So I think that if they remade Halo 2 it would be a huge fail because it wont be the same Halo online as we all know and loved, and it will make Microsft look more butthurt for not being able to come up with anything new for Halo.
>
> They didn’t fixed Bugs or Glitches in CEA campaign, so why should they do something naive like that?

Because multiplayer is different than campaign.

If you 360 Quadshot BxR Quickscope in campaign no-one complains because you are all killing A.I, But when it’s player vs player its a different story.

Personally I think Button Combo’s were fair even though they were exploits, they just proved that a button combo sytem in an FPS can work, something no-one has capitalised on ever since.

And because only the minority can use them ( pros ) the majoirty ( casual gamers ) will complain they are just simply getting wiped off the face of the earth in matches.

And it’s not like a corporation will turn around and say back " Well, stop -Yoinking!- and practice " even though this quote is truth they embrace the lack of skill rather than punish it.

if they make a h2 remake, it will be a full game with graphics update etc like CEA. i hope theyll make that because i like the first 2 halos and i want to connect to live when playing. anyone agree?

> Halo:CE for the PC is still playable to this day, yet they chose to remake Halo:CE on the 360.
>
> I believe that it’s got the same chances of happening as Halo:CEA had.

Just gotta believe…

> if they make a h2 remake, it will be a full game with graphics update etc like CEA. i hope theyll make that because i like the first 2 halos and i want to connect to live when playing. anyone agree?

In Halo 2 Vista, you can connect to your xbox live account and use your 360 controller.

Halo is and always would be more popular on XBox then PC. I don’t like the idea of a “Halo 2 Arcade” because it would cut into the already dwindling population of the Halo community. I think 343 should step up and fix Halo 2 vista. Remaster it. Call it “Halo 2 Windows” and give it matchmaking support. Along with a fix with all the other problems with Halo 2 vista. i.e No custom resolution support.