The reason hardcore halo "fans" hate AAs.

Because some men aren’t looking for anything logical, like a fun game with a large variety of cool features. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

True.

> True.

rofl

Armor abilities =/= logical

Hardcore Halo fans don’t like AA’s because it’s just not “Halo”. They don’t belong in Halo. They never should’ve been added to Halo in the first place. I honestly don’t know what Bungie was smoking when they thought adding AA’s was a good idea.

Or maybe because the Jetpack single handedly MADE THE WORLD BURN in Reach.

Seriously. When a player is immune to 90% of the game’s sandbox, it’s no wonder people hate it.

I’m all for AAs that don’t hurt the game in a big way. But please PLEASE do something about the Jetpack. It still looked pretty bad in gameplay today. Though it’s at least nice to see the slower looking horizontal movement, and the much shorter duration of use.

And some men just want a Halo game without balance.

> And some men just want a Halo game without balance.

Well that would explain everybodys demand for a 4ks BR.

I think you can choose not to have AAs in your class.

> Or maybe because the Jetpack single handedly MADE THE WORLD BURN in Reach.
>
> <mark>Seriously. When a player is immune to 90% of the game’s sandbox, it’s no wonder people hate it.</mark>
>
> I’m all for AAs that don’t hurt the game in a big way. But please PLEASE do something about the Jetpack. It still looked pretty bad in gameplay today. Though it’s at least nice to see the slower looking horizontal movement, and the much shorter duration of use.

They weren’t immune to bullets and they made themselves alot easier to hit. I almost never saw a person use jetpack logically. They would just soar into the air throwing away any and all protection the environment had to offer.

I didn’t see much point in AAs other than sprint because I always did better without anything other than sprint. Camo, jammer lets everyone know the general corner you’re hiding in. Jetpack, once again makes you an easy target. AL, yeah that works really well against a smart person. Hologram, I think I’m gonna shoot at the one muzzle flares are coming from. Evade was actually useful. Drop shield also wasn’t bad and was basically a signal flare for a sniper.

Lol. I loved the Batman reference.

Really, because I talked to Walshy about it just a little while ago. He rather was intrigued by the depth of gameplay it added to the game.

> Armor abilities =/= logical
>
> Hardcore Halo fans don’t like AA’s because it’s just not “Halo”. They don’t belong in Halo. They never should’ve been added to Halo in the first place. I honestly don’t know what Bungie was smoking when they thought adding AA’s was a good idea.

Generalizations.

I’ve been a “hardcore Halo fan” since CE, and am I opposed to armor abilities? Absolutely not. I like them, though I mainly use sprint; they add an extra dimension to the game, allowing players to play the game in more of a direction they like.

i am a halo fanboy to a fault and aas are no problem for me at all

> True.

Hahaha.

Sigh. And some men just don’t have the ability to reason or to understand someone else view even if they don’t agree.

Hardcore Halo fans generally like 2 things. An even starting field and fast kill times. The even starting field is the most important. When everyone starts with the same weapon, about equal distance from power ups/power weapons and and equal areas of a map then the team with the most skill, best teamwork or a combination of both wins. When people say competitive that’s pretty much what they are referring to.

When AAs were introduced it changed a lot of that. Now someone can have an advantage on another player from spawn dependent on what load out they choose. Not to mention some AAs just break things. The jet pack ruins maps and any attempt at map control. I’m sure you have seen the other arguments like PV and such.

There’s nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone but how about accepting that they have an opinion too and it might be just as valuable as your own. Nah, what am I thinking. This is the internet and you are always right.

> > Armor abilities =/= logical
> >
> > Hardcore Halo fans don’t like AA’s because it’s just not “Halo”. They don’t belong in Halo. They never should’ve been added to Halo in the first place. I honestly don’t know what Bungie was smoking when they thought adding AA’s was a good idea.
>
> Generalizations.
>
> I’ve been a “hardcore Halo fan” since CE, and am I opposed to armor abilities? Absolutely not. I like them, though I mainly use sprint; they add an extra dimension to the game, allowing players to play the game in more of a direction they like.

Took the words right out of my mouth. They add some excitement to the game. Now with sprint being a default mechanic I might use some other AAs. But I like that 343 gave the option for no AAs in your loadout. I see myself only really using PV since its been nerfed, didn’t like it before but now it sounds ok and some thruster pack to evade some nades and rockets. Regen field I would have for btb, and I’ll just play customs with my friends to see how thte others work.

> Sigh. And some men just don’t have the ability to reason or to understand someone else view even if they don’t agree.
>
> Hardcore Halo fans generally like 2 things. An even starting field and fast kill times. The even starting field is the most important. When everyone starts with the same weapon, about equal distance from power ups/power weapons and and equal areas of a map then the team with the most skill, best teamwork or a combination of both wins. When people say competitive that’s pretty much what they are referring to.
>
> When AAs were introduced it changed a lot of that. Now someone can have an advantage on another player from spawn dependent on what load out they choose. Not to mention some AAs just break things. The jet pack ruins maps and any attempt at map control. I’m sure you have seen the other arguments like PV and such.
>
> There’s nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone but how about accepting that they have an opinion too and it might be just as valuable as your own. Nah, what am I thinking. This is the internet and you are always right.

Welcome to the internet Where i

Glad to see that some people on this forum can still take a joke :stuck_out_tongue: but seriously armor abilities rule and add more depth and fun gameplay to an already great game. (and yes I’ve played Halo since CE)

> i am a halo fanboy to a fault and aas are no problem for me at all

well that’s b/c there’s a difference between Fan and Fanboy.

a fanboy with like any addition no matter how good or bad.

With the exception of the Jetpack, I have no problem with AAs at all. And I’m a pretty hardcore Halo fan, I must say.