The reason Halo 5 isn't as good as it can be.

First of I want to say that I love Halo almost anything about it I love and to me Halo 5 is a great Halo game. That might be a bit suprising since the Campaign/Story didn’t had that Nostalgic Halo feel to it. Just watch the Halo 2(A) cutscenes on Youtube and you notice that it is such an interesting story, it has all the elements for a Hollywood movie that could break records, but I digress.

The reason Halo 5 isn’t as good as it can be is simply because there isn’t enough of it. I want more, (NO not more Emblems and Armour sets and Stances we have to much of that already) I want more maps, more gamemodes, more weapons and more vehicles.
Ofcourse I understand that being a game designer isn’t a easy job and it probably takes a lot more time to make a map or implement a new weapon than most of us think it takes.
But why aren’t you implementing maps and gamemodes that are already there? The community has been making hundreds if not thousands of good quality maps, I’ve already seen 5-6 Grifball maps which could already be used as… Grifball maps and It’s not just Grifball, I reallly want to see a Custom games playlist with fun mini-games and not cheap gamemodes like rumble rocktets or shotty snipers that can be made by pressing a couple of buttons in the gamemode options menu.

I really feel like 343i could be taken a great step in gaming history if they listen and communicate more with the community.

> 2535422198232439;1:
> First of I want to say that I love Halo almost anything about it I love and to me Halo 5 is a great Halo game. That might be a bit suprising since the Campaign/Story didn’t had that Nostalgic Halo feel to it. Just watch the Halo 2(A) cutscenes on Youtube and you notice that it is such an interesting story, it has all the elements for a Hollywood movie that could break records, but I digress.
>
> The reason Halo 5 isn’t as good as it can be is simply because there isn’t enough of it. I want more, (NO not more Emblems and Armour sets and Stances we have to much of that already) I want more maps, more gamemodes, more weapons and more vehicles.
> Ofcourse I understand that being a game designer isn’t a easy job and it probably takes a lot more time to make a map or implement a new weapon than most of us think it takes.
> But why aren’t you implementing maps and gamemodes that are already there? The community has been making hundreds if not thousands of good quality maps, I’ve already seen 5-6 Grifball maps which could already be used as… Grifball maps and It’s not just Grifball, I reallly want to see a Custom games playlist with fun mini-games and not cheap gamemodes like rumble rocktets or shotty snipers that can be made by pressing a couple of buttons in the gamemode options menu.
>
> I really feel like 343i could be taken a great step in gaming history if they listen and communicate more with the community.

the things you are stating are true, but they only represent a small part of the problem. Halo 5 is mediocre compared to past entries, but not just because of the lack of content. There’s plenty of other bigger problems: lack of splitscreen, warzone is broken, warzone assault is worse, the map design is bland, forge is bland, the game was almost empty at launch, the campaign almost forgot masterchief, 343 tries to make halo more casual and finally, this abomination called req system. You need to understand that 343 doesn’t really listen to the community, when they do, it’s always in a buisness context. Why? because 343 is a corporation, their goal is to make profit, they simply don’t have the passion that bungie had, otherwise halo 5 would be the best halo in the franchise. Halo 6 will probably be a disapointement too…

It’s a sad day when people think listening to, and communicating with, the community is “taking a great step in gaming history”. Most devs do this. If 343 does it, they’ll just be considered normal.

> 2533274819567236;3:
> It’s a sad day when people think listening to, and communicating with, the community is “taking a great step in gaming history”. Most devs do this. If 343 does it, they’ll just be considered normal.

They’re actually rather good at communicating imo, they just don’t use Waypoint much.

> 2533274903814187;2:
> > 2535422198232439;1:
> > First of I want to say that I love Halo almost anything about it I love and to me Halo 5 is a great Halo game. That might be a bit suprising since the Campaign/Story didn’t had that Nostalgic Halo feel to it. Just watch the Halo 2(A) cutscenes on Youtube and you notice that it is such an interesting story, it has all the elements for a Hollywood movie that could break records, but I digress.
> >
> > The reason Halo 5 isn’t as good as it can be is simply because there isn’t enough of it. I want more, (NO not more Emblems and Armour sets and Stances we have to much of that already) I want more maps, more gamemodes, more weapons and more vehicles.
> > Ofcourse I understand that being a game designer isn’t a easy job and it probably takes a lot more time to make a map or implement a new weapon than most of us think it takes.
> > But why aren’t you implementing maps and gamemodes that are already there? The community has been making hundreds if not thousands of good quality maps, I’ve already seen 5-6 Grifball maps which could already be used as… Grifball maps and It’s not just Grifball, I reallly want to see a Custom games playlist with fun mini-games and not cheap gamemodes like rumble rocktets or shotty snipers that can be made by pressing a couple of buttons in the gamemode options menu.
> >
> > I really feel like 343i could be taken a great step in gaming history if they listen and communicate more with the community.
>
>
> the things you are stating are true, but they only represent a small part of the problem. Halo 5 is mediocre compared to past entries, but not just because of the lack of content. There’s plenty of other bigger problems: lack of splitscreen, warzone is broken, warzone assault is worse, the map design is bland, forge is bland, the game was almost empty at launch, the campaign almost forgot masterchief, 343 tries to make halo more casual and finally, this abomination called req system. You need to understand that 343 doesn’t really listen to the community, when they do, it’s always inHalo game bjt a buisness context. Why? because 343 is a corporation, their goal is to make profit, they simply don’t have the passion that bungie had, otherwise halo 5 would be the best halo in the franchise. Halo 6 will probably be a disapointement too…

Sadly true. Warzone is a mess and a over-saturation of worthless skins and the servers are getting worse, so is the hit detection getting worse plus it doesn’t help the fact that Halo 5 plays more like CoD, I really hate the REQ system where I have constantly sell junk so I can unlock armour. Sure it had the potential to be an amazing Halo game but 343i got greedy due to the micro-transactions, it’s just generally highly frustrated but most games I feel like rage quitting because it feels like a twitch shooter.

> 2533274803493024;4:
> > 2533274819567236;3:
> > It’s a sad day when people think listening to, and communicating with, the community is “taking a great step in gaming history”. Most devs do this. If 343 does it, they’ll just be considered normal.
>
>
> They’re actually rather good at communicating imo, they just don’t use Waypoint much.

Yeah, remember when we only had to wait 2 months before they even acknowledged the complaint about lack of gametypes? They’re certainly on top of things!

I think we have enough weapons and vehicles but gamemodes and maps definitely. The only I want for maps is no more UNSC themed and more covenant/forerunner maps.

I kind wish that we had standard 4v4 combat on vehicle supported maps. by doing so we would be forcing them to make more spacey maps. and could get some base btb maps instead of forge please?

The thing that killed Halo 5 is the microtransactions. Period. They spent WAY too much time and effort into making the REQ system/collection. Players have NO INCENTIVE to play Halo 5. NONE. The rankings were a nightmare since Halo:Reach and they kept them the same with seasons. Taking away the ability to either buy armor(Halo4/Reach) or earn it(Halo4/3) and turning it into an infuriating RNG grind is pathetic. Not to mention no COOP modes(Warzone FF is coming though).

Lets just say they didnt add in Warzone(which is an amazing mode dont get me wrong). But they added 8 BTB maps(ACTUAL btb maps),8 Arena maps, at least 4 more campaign missions, better rankings and customization options. Wouldnt that be better than the 4 Warzone maps/REQ system??? They need to seriously consider releasing a “FULL” game at launch for the next Halo title. Because we wont forgive them again…

> 2810058517507654;9:
> The thing that killed Halo 5 is the microtransactions. Period. They spent WAY too much time and effort into making the REQ system/collection. Players have NO INCENTIVE to play Halo 5. NONE. The rankings were a nightmare since Halo:Reach and they kept them the same with seasons. Taking away the ability to either buy armor(Halo4/Reach) or earn it(Halo4/3) and turning it into an infuriating RNG grind is pathetic. Not to mention no COOP modes(Warzone FF is coming though).
>
> Lets just say they didnt add in Warzone(which is an amazing mode dont get me wrong). But they added 8 BTB maps(ACTUAL btb maps),8 Arena maps, at least 4 more campaign missions, better rankings and customization options. Wouldnt that be better than the 4 Warzone maps/REQ system??? They need to seriously consider releasing a “FULL” game at launch for the next Halo title. Because we wont forgive them again…

I completely agree with you on the req system, it is one of the worst things that has ever happened to halo. But I disagree on warzone. I think it’s a complete mess.