The Reality of Halo- Mombasa

The Reality of Halo- Mombasa
The Halo Archive is going to start a new series of blog articles called The Reality of Halo.

These will be taking various aspects of Halo’s story, and will look into the possibilities of what could actually be real, impossible, or have grounding already.

The first article features the megacity New Mombasa and its surrounding land, which is actually a real place today. Factor in environmental changes and Human activity, the depiction in Halo 2 and Halo 3: ODST could be possible.

Would you live there? If so, which part? Run-down but rich in history Old Mombasa? Or the prosperous and massive megacity of New Mombasa?

If anything I’m really glad that Bungie chose a centrepiece of global conflict that wasn’t New York, London or Paris.

Referring to the sea walls in Old Mombassa. The height of the walls to me seemed to be over engineered from the point of safety. Even if something is only meant to bear 10kg, people will design it so it can bear 25.

While the towers or “turrets” are fairly tall, it’s the height of the wall between that’s important and even its height doesn’t seem to indicate like it was built for something more as opposed to the safety factor I mentioned earlier.

The pictures don’t indicate how far these walls extend into the water either

I’m open to the possibility but I don’t think humanity found a way to reverse or even stop global warming that didn’t require the universal and drastic abandonment of fossil fuels and all the rest of it.

> I’m open to the possibility but I don’t think humanity found a way to reverse or even stop global warming that didn’t require the universal and drastic abandonment of fossil fuels and all the rest of it.

Humanity can terraform entire planets, if they can do that they can find a solution to global warming, and easily reverse its effects.