The "real" reason as to why Reqs are bad for Halo

The most simple and obvious reason as to why Reqs packs are bad for Halo is because it directly takes away the priority of having The most popular Halo playlist ever: Big Team Battle. I am not going to explain why Halo’s BTB is completely different than warzone, because I believe if you do not already know the mass differences then there is no point to make a point…
Because Halo 5 has req packs that give a player “gameplay changing items” it directly effects the “normal” items because those “normal” items immediately become weaker since they can not give out super overpowered weapons. The best example of this would be the warthog, which in my opinion is complete trash in Halo 5’s BTB.
Supposedly 343 is going to release all of the req items in forge mode, which is cool, but at the same time will still not fix the problem with the warthog being underpowered, or will just make it overpowered.
In some ways I actually like the idea of req packs, but at the same time I do not think cosmetics should be unlocked from them, and should be separately obtained, similar to credits in Halo Reach. That way people that don’t play a lot of warzone don’t have to spend credits on things they will never use. I also think this would make implementing more Spartan customization a lot easier considering there would be hundreds if not thousands of little pieces to obtain, or at least I think there should be.

Edit: I would also argue that because there are Reqs in Halo 5, that 343 is going to obviously support the playlists where you can actually use them, and that because of this it directly effects the support for BTB, which HAS already happened, considering there are NO actual maps for BTB, and they are strictly forge.

Reqs help fund Free DLC, I like them, and you don’t, yet we still both benefit from it.

BTB is awful because of the maps and the gameplay with vehicles. Warthogs are useless when the gunner can be 4shot, and Antifreeze needs to be deleted. The problem is their still using those maps made with forge long before it was released to the public, but now forgers have made maps 10x better than those.

> 2690096563135647;2:
> Reqs help fund Free DLC, I like them, and you don’t, yet we still both benefit from it.

If you read the last part of my thread you would see that I actually like the idea of having Reqs, just not Spartan customization. Do you not think that people would be willing to pay large amounts of money for just the gameplay changing aspect?

They make req based off of already balanced weapons. They just make it OP and add stripes and boom req. The hog is fine if the oni hog was in btb i’d be the deciding factor. They still care about balance in btb thats why they took the tank off recurve and replaced it with a gauss hog. Req has no affect of arena other than cosmetics

Still sticking out for the community maps to be included.

BTB just has bad maps imo. It’s in desperate need of more maps.

> 2690096563135647;2:
> Reqs help fund Free DLC, I like them, and you don’t, yet we still both benefit from it.

Yes slowly, but surely, 343 is “giving” us everything that previous Halos had at launch under the guise of “free dlc”.

Clearly this system is better than what we had before. /sarcasm

oh, im glad this is a REAL reason and not an opinionated baseless fake reason.

without REQs how would they expand the sandbox and add vehicles to warzone then?

todays games (AAA) cant survive on the $60 sale price anymore, there needs to be something to support the dev teams in the long run to continue support for the game

BTB maps are just plain awful imo, it would benefit if it had some maps made by 343 themselves.

> 2533274870591903;5:
> They make req based off of already balanced weapons. They just make it OP and add stripes and boom req. The hog is fine if the oni hog was in btb i’d be the deciding factor. They still care about balance in btb thats why they took the tank off recurve and replaced it with a gauss hog. Req has no affect of arena other than cosmetics

Just because weapons are balanced doesn’t mean the sanbox is good, I hate when people use that as an argument because those same people do not realize that this is not Halo. All one has to do is look at COD, which intentionally makes every weapons usuable at its viable range, and that is literally EXACTLY what Halo 5 has done. It has made every weapon, regardless of skill, fairly easy to use at it’s viable range. I believe weapons should be balances more around the philosophy," this weapons is hard to use, therefore it should be better than any other weapon when used properly, but still have its major disadvantages in certain instances". The magnum is the closest weapon like that in Halo 5, and the magnum still looses almost all of the time when competing against an AR, SMG, or storm rifle, when used in CQC.

I’m not sure who greenlit the BTB maps. Longbow or whatever the hell it’s called has the most obnoxious post processing I’ve ever seen in a game (and given the industry’s love affair with bloom 8 years ago, that’s quite the statement), and not-headlong is such a faithful recreation of the original that it even has the awful graphics and even worse spawns down just as they were 12 years ago. Don’t even get me started on that one ice map.

The cynic in me says that adding BTB late with poor quality remakes of older maps was a calculated maneuver in order to “encourage” people to make the full switch to warzone, but surely MS and to a lesser extent 343 wouldn’t be so overt with their message of “buy a req pack or get lost”, right?

At this point I don’t even want developer made btb maps. I would be perfectly happy with the fan made forge maps of some of the old Halo maps.

> 2533275010968401;9:
> oh, im glad this is a REAL reason and not an opinionated baseless fake reason.
>
> without REQs how would they expand the sandbox and add vehicles to warzone then?
>
> todays games (AAA) cant survive on the $60 sale price anymore, there needs to be something to support the dev teams in the long run to continue support for the game

BTB having no actual maps is not a baseless fake reason. Showing off the urban warzone map before launch, and not having it at launch is pulling a Destiny, I’m pretty sure if you want Halo to be like Destiny you need to be teabagged to death in real life…

> 2533274816788253;13:
> At this point I don’t even want developer made btb maps. I would be perfectly happy with the fan made forge maps of some of the old Halo maps.

Yep, and btw, what ever happened to that forge environment artist 343 was hiring? I still see these horrible ugly gray blocks with less detail than Reach’s forge pieces, and Halo 3’s sanbox or foundry objects. And don’t even talk about how ugly the actual maps are lol.

> 2533275010968401;9:
> oh, im glad this is a REAL reason and not an opinionated baseless fake reason.
>
> without REQs how would they expand the sandbox and add vehicles to warzone then?
>
> todays games (AAA) cant survive on the $60 sale price anymore, there needs to be something to support the dev teams in the long run to continue support for the game

That’s an issue with the publishers. They create bloated budgets for their AAA games that, in the end, don’t deliver on what the customers were expecting, meaning games these days aren’t even worth $60 to begin with.

What they need to do is scale down and focus on making a good game, instead of trying to out do the other guys with pointless gimmicks and other useless additions.

If they can’t support themselves on the $60 price of the game alone, then that’s a problem on their end, and gouging us for more and more money is not the solution.

> 2533274814289862;16:
> > 2533275010968401;9:
> > oh, im glad this is a REAL reason and not an opinionated baseless fake reason.
> >
> > without REQs how would they expand the sandbox and add vehicles to warzone then?
> >
> > todays games (AAA) cant survive on the $60 sale price anymore, there needs to be something to support the dev teams in the long run to continue support for the game
>
>
> That’s an issue with the publishers. They create bloated budgets for their AAA games that, in the end, don’t deliver on what the customers were expecting, meaning games these days aren’t even worth $60 to begin with.
>
> What they need to do is scale down and focus on making a good game, instead of trying to out do the other guys with pointless gimmicks and other useless additions.
>
> If they can’t support themselves on the $60 price of the game alone, then that’s a problem on their end, and gouging us for more and more money is not the solution.

It’s going to be interesting to see what they do instead of that in the coming years. Seeing as “better graphics!” isn’t going to work this time because we’ve evidently already reached the pinnacle of this hardware’s capability, these next 4 years or so are going to be extremely painful, for them.

> 2533274814289862;16:
> > 2533275010968401;9:
> > oh, im glad this is a REAL reason and not an opinionated baseless fake reason.
> >
> > without REQs how would they expand the sandbox and add vehicles to warzone then?
> >
> > todays games (AAA) cant survive on the $60 sale price anymore, there needs to be something to support the dev teams in the long run to continue support for the game
>
>
> That’s an issue with the publishers. They create bloated budgets for their AAA games that, in the end, don’t deliver on what the customers were expecting, meaning games these days aren’t even worth $60 to begin with.
>
> What they need to do is scale down and focus on making a good game, instead of trying to out do the other guys with pointless gimmicks and other useless additions.
>
> If they can’t support themselves on the $60 price of the game alone, then that’s a problem on their end, and gouging us for more and more money is not the solution.

Examples: COD, the Arkham games, Borderlands, Fallout. Developers or money hungry blams, that’s the problem with the gaming industry.

> 2533274832140639;14:
> > 2533275010968401;9:
> >
> >
>
>
> BTB having no actual maps is not a baseless fake reason. Showing off the urban warzone map before launch, and not having it at launch is pulling a Destiny, I’m pretty sure if you want Halo to be like Destiny you need to be teabagged to death in real life…

“pulling a Destiny”

Destiny required at least $15 PER DLC to get what was already there in launch

Destiny has Microtransactions that AFFECT gameplay and character leveling

Halo has everything in game for free (with enough playtime)

Halo is releasing content shown before launch AT NO COST to the consumer

BTB was an experiment with the community and the Forgers and the criticism following the release is reaching 343i

However Warzone is 343i’s brainchild and they want to put as much emphasis on it as much as possible so yes, BTB will suffer a bit but this feedback will help them create a better experience for ALL players

> 2533275010968401;19:
> > 2533274832140639;14:
> > > 2533275010968401;9:
> > > oh, im glad this is a REAL reason and not an opinionated baseless fake reason.
> > >
> > > without REQs how would they expand the sandbox and add vehicles to warzone then?
> > >
> > > todays games (AAA) cant survive on the $60 sale price anymore, there needs to be something to support the dev teams in the long run to continue support for the game
> >
> >
> > BTB having no actual maps is not a baseless fake reason. Showing off the urban warzone map before launch, and not having it at launch is pulling a Destiny, I’m pretty sure if you want Halo to be like Destiny you need to be teabagged to death in real life…
>
>
> “pulling a Destiny”
>
> Destiny required at least $15 PER DLC to get what was already there in launch
>
> Destiny has Microtransactions that AFFECT gameplay and character leveling
>
> Halo has everything in game for free (with enough playtime)
>
> Halo is releasing content shown before launch AT NO COST to the consumer
>
> BTB was an experiment with the community and the Forgers and the criticism following the release is reaching 343i
>
> However Warzone is 343i’s brainchild and they want to put as much emphasis on it as much as possible so yes, BTB will suffer a bit but this feedback will help them create a better experience for ALL players

Except players who absolutely despise warzone, like me or my brother, and yet, we are forced to play it because that’s all there is. Honestly all they have to do is condense the maps and make it slayer or CTF, honestly warzone would be a lot more fun if this happened, AND would obviously encourage players that play BTB to play bigger team battle.