The Real Problem With AL

The problem doesn’t lay with AL itself, the true problem is that the rest of the AAs are alot less useful in comparisson to AL.

Sprint: Increase its duration, simple. Given the fact Spartans are trained their whole lives and are genetically and physically modified don’t you think that they can sprint for longer than 5 seconds.

Evade: Increase the amount of evades per circle to 3. Take a page from Gears of War’s book.

Active Camo: Not much needs to be changed on this one, but, remove the whole it fades when you move thing and reduce the radar jammer by a few metres, the sound deafening is fine.

Jetpack: Fine as it is, just reduce the noise it makes a iddy biddy bit.

Hologram: Make the Hologram itself appear red on enemy radar and have enemy reticules turn red when they target holograms and have your tag appear above it, same as it would on your character.

Drop Shield: Make it a little more durable, because lets be honest it doesn’t last very long, (and bring back ball of doom)

Armour Lock: Fine as it is, perfect counter to vehicle whores and grenade spammers.

I think the problem rests on the players with overconfidence and/or a sense of entitlement. And AL didn’t scare of the core players, it scared of the casual. :wink:

Ummm I take evade every time I would rather be able to move and get away from someone rather than just delaying my death… People its a game of rock paper scissors… They just need to fix h0logram… Disagree with sprint Ithink make it less and 2 evades are fine. As it is with sprint its the most n00bish AA IMO for double pummels especially when they don’t give me evade as an option… Anything with sprint should have evade… All good players use it that I KNOW

My biggest issue with AL is that you can go in and out of it at will. I don’t mind teammates coming to help but the guy/gal in AL should be stuck for x amount of time.(too many variables the way it is now) And it should have two uses like evade. Just a thought.

True, if there’s any AA I do have a problem with it’s Camo. It’s useless.

Its in the Game is whats wrong with it

I mostly agree with OP except the drop shield part, (I find it fine), and also, about the sprint timer and canon, the game manual says that the sprint module was actually Kat bypassing the MJOLNIR suit operation restrictions. Which means that in theory, it’s dangerous for a spartan to sprint that much that long.

They need to put it in Grifball

NO! 100 Times NO!!! Thats would just shoot this game in the head. The problem with AL is that its too long! It needs to be 4 seconds, Frosting and Sticky Sheddig removed and EMP can stay. Evade needs to be nerfed to it should be 1 roll with a quick recharge time.

> NO! 100 Times NO!!! Thats would just shoot this game in the head. The problem with AL is that its too long! It needs to be 4 seconds, Frosting and Sticky Sheddig removed and EMP can stay. Evade needs to be nerfed to it should be 1 roll with a quick recharge time.

Why would evade be nerfed?

The problem with armour lock, and all the other AAs in this games, is that they’re bloody annoying. Coupled with bloom, and the nerfing of my beloved run speeds/jump heights (and the removal of my favourite weapon) this game is just irritating. Too many little things that tick you off. I love Quake Live for a simple reason. There’s no BS going around. If you’re in a dual the player with the most skills wins every time. There’s no bloom that decides who wins, there’s no AAs to help a player out. It’s just you and your opponent. And it’s great. When you get killed you can honestly say it was your fault. In Reach you can’t do that. You always feel like bloom is screwing you over, or that the AAs are. It’s just a bloody frustrating game if you ask me. That’s why I love Halo 2 so much. It’s bare bones. No BS being thrown in your face.

> NO! 100 Times NO!!! Thats would just shoot this game in the head. The problem with AL is that its too long! It needs to be 4 seconds, Frosting and Sticky Sheddig removed and EMP can stay. Evade needs to be nerfed to it should be 1 roll with a quick recharge time.

SO make Evade SEVERELY underpowered and remove the thing that makes AL the best anti-grenade spammer

> The problem with armour lock, and all the other AAs in this games, is that they’re bloody annoying. Coupled with bloom, and the nerfing of my beloved run speeds/jump heights (and the removal of my favourite weapon) this game is just irritating. Too many little things that tick you off. I love Quake Live for a simple reason. There’s no BS going around. If you’re in a dual the player with the most skills wins every time. There’s no bloom that decides who wins, there’s no AAs to help a player out. It’s just you and your opponent. And it’s great. When you get killed you can honestly say it was your fault. In Reach you can’t do that. You always feel like bloom is screwing you over, or that the AAs are. It’s just a bloody frustrating game if you ask me. That’s why I love Halo 2 so much. It’s bare bones. No BS being thrown in your face.

So you want Reach to be turned into a more graphical 2 or 3, Reach makes good use of teamwork and its subtle i would usually do well alone but there are some times where i need those teammates. That is why Reach is better

The problem with armor lock with me is that when someone does it, it attracts every player to on the map on that spot like a bunch of flies around a lamp. It also ind of makes me sick of waiting for them to come out.

The problem with al and the rest of the aa’s is that you spawn with them.

> > NO! 100 Times NO!!! Thats would just shoot this game in the head. The problem with AL is that its too long! It needs to be 4 seconds, Frosting and Sticky Sheddig removed and EMP can stay. Evade needs to be nerfed to it should be 1 roll with a quick recharge time.
>
> Why would evade be nerfed?

Because its now just another Sprint used to run away, it doesnt need to be one roll it should just take longer to do the second roll.

@The other guy: AL doesnt make an Anti Grenade spammer it makes grenades more spammmable by the user can throw a grenade then AL to live, its dumb.

> > The problem with armour lock, and all the other AAs in this games, is that they’re bloody annoying. Coupled with bloom, and the nerfing of my beloved run speeds/jump heights (and the removal of my favourite weapon) this game is just irritating. Too many little things that tick you off. I love Quake Live for a simple reason. There’s no BS going around. If you’re in a dual the player with the most skills wins every time. There’s no bloom that decides who wins, there’s no AAs to help a player out. It’s just you and your opponent. And it’s great. When you get killed you can honestly say it was your fault. In Reach you can’t do that. You always feel like bloom is screwing you over, or that the AAs are. It’s just a bloody frustrating game if you ask me. That’s why I love Halo 2 so much. It’s bare bones. No BS being thrown in your face.
>
> So you want Reach to be turned into a more graphical 2 or 3, Reach makes good use of teamwork and its subtle i would usually do well alone but there are some times where i need those teammates. That is why Reach is better

What I would of liked was a more refined Halo experience, and if you felt Halo was getting stale you could simply move onto a different game.

> > > The problem with armour lock, and all the other AAs in this games, is that they’re bloody annoying. Coupled with bloom, and the nerfing of my beloved run speeds/jump heights (and the removal of my favourite weapon) this game is just irritating. Too many little things that tick you off. I love Quake Live for a simple reason. There’s no BS going around. If you’re in a dual the player with the most skills wins every time. There’s no bloom that decides who wins, there’s no AAs to help a player out. It’s just you and your opponent. And it’s great. When you get killed you can honestly say it was your fault. In Reach you can’t do that. You always feel like bloom is screwing you over, or that the AAs are. It’s just a bloody frustrating game if you ask me. That’s why I love Halo 2 so much. It’s bare bones. No BS being thrown in your face.
> >
> > So you want Reach to be turned into a more graphical 2 or 3, Reach makes good use of teamwork and its subtle i would usually do well alone but there are some times where i need those teammates. That is why Reach is better
>
> What I would of liked was a more refined Halo experience, and if you felt Halo was getting stale you could simply move onto a different game.

Exactly what can be said to the reach h8rs learn to play reach or move on

> > > > The problem with armour lock, and all the other AAs in this games, is that they’re bloody annoying. Coupled with bloom, and the nerfing of my beloved run speeds/jump heights (and the removal of my favourite weapon) this game is just irritating. Too many little things that tick you off. I love Quake Live for a simple reason. There’s no BS going around. If you’re in a dual the player with the most skills wins every time. There’s no bloom that decides who wins, there’s no AAs to help a player out. It’s just you and your opponent. And it’s great. When you get killed you can honestly say it was your fault. In Reach you can’t do that. You always feel like bloom is screwing you over, or that the AAs are. It’s just a bloody frustrating game if you ask me. That’s why I love Halo 2 so much. It’s bare bones. No BS being thrown in your face.
> > >
> > > So you want Reach to be turned into a more graphical 2 or 3, Reach makes good use of teamwork and its subtle i would usually do well alone but there are some times where i need those teammates. That is why Reach is better
> >
> > What I would of liked was a more refined Halo experience, and if you felt Halo was getting stale you could simply move onto a different game.
>
> Exactly what can be said to the reach h8rs learn to play reach or move on

No, it can’t. We liked Halo how it was. Yet Bungie changed it for all the casuals that were leaving Halo for games like CoD. We have a right to feel upset about that.

Let me put it in terms you may understand. A company makes delicious chocolate cakes (Halo titles), and they release new chocolate flavoured icing for the chocolate cakes every so often (map packs), but then one day they announce they’re going to make the best chocolate cake ever (Halo’s swan song)! On release for the “best chocolate cake ever” we get a vanilla cake and they announce they won’t be supporting the chocolate cakes anymore (aka, no new map packs or TUs, or even double XP weekends! >:[). All the vanilla cake lovers flock to it, but the chocolate lovers get the short end of the stick, yet you’re telling us, “learn to play or move it!!! Gobgobgobgobgobg!” We don’t like vanilla, we like chocolate. Our only hop is that 343 creates a new chocolate cake :smiley:

343, you’re my only hope -

It’s obvious AL does not belong in Halo MP, I think 343 realizes this.

It’s a no brainer and if they can’t figure it out then well…I’m not gonna beat a horse skeleton (it’s been dead long enough to have rotted the flesh off by now)…