The REAL map count (less than you think)

Hear is my constructive criticism on what 343i should do when it comes to not misleading people for advertisement purposes.

Here is the actual ARENA map count:
6 Original maps (Non-Forge/Remixed)
4 Breakout Forge maps
2 Remixes
2 Forge maps

343i made it out like there was going to 14 original ARENA maps similar to ones such as Halo 5: Guardian, Zanzibar, Lockout, High Ground etc. Instead it’s mostly half original maps and half forge maps. This is serious criticism with 343i, they need to work on their communication skills/

Post by:
K0N ART15T

> Just providing constructive criticism on how 343i can improve their PR and communicationEasy, be completely transparent! For example, if someone applied to 343i for a job as a Sn. Level Designer and made it seem like they had 10 years experience designing MP maps, 7 years in forge and 3 years using dev tools( UE4, Unity, Source)… most would consider that stretching the truth. Is it a complete lie? No, but it would certainly be considered fluffing, unless it was clearly stated.It goes both ways. Does H5 have over 20 MP maps? yes. Do most people consider forged maps like orion and Pegasus to be real maps? No. Its a PR statement to make it seem like there’s more content then there really is.MP map breakdown.
> 3 warzone maps
> 3 warzone assault maps, these are asymmetrical maps-- could literally be parts cut from the campaign
> 7. arena maps. IMO the remixes are different enough to be considered ‘new’ maps
> 7. forged maps. 2 for arena and 5 for breakout. A lot of people consider these filler

> 2533274872459107;1:
> Hear is my constructive criticism on what 343i should do when it comes to not misleading people for advertisement purposes.

Saw your last post, I see what you did there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But yeah, it’s kind of cheap of them to actually count forge and forged maps into total maps.

I am starting to worry a bit. I thought we were getting 21 maps at launch. Now we’re getting 8. Content seems to be lacking more and more as the game approaches and it scares me. I will remain positive however because I do not have the game in my hand yet and am still excited.

Guess you’re going to keep making threads all day…

You read what you wanted to read without looking at any other possibilities which caused you to believe something that was never confirmed and in doing so you mislead yourself not them.

*THAN

> 2533274874123128;2:
> > 2533274872459107;1:
> > Hear is my constructive criticism on what 343i should do when it comes to not misleading people for advertisement purposes.
>
>
> Saw your last post, I see what you did there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
>
> But yeah, it’s kind of cheap of them to actually count forge and forged maps into total maps.

Just providing valuable constructive criticism for 343i. and them counting forge/breakout maps as actual fully fledged maps is very misleading to most gamers who see things like ‘20 maps at launch, 14 arena maps etc’.

> 2535456533691021;5:
> *THAN

Sorry what? Could you not spam please or else i will have to get the moderator.

Honestly who really cares? I’m just glad we’re getting more than 10. All people do is complain. Just Stop Already!

> 2533274872459107;7:
> > 2535456533691021;5:
> > *THAN
>
>
> Sorry what? Could you not spam please or else i will have to get the moderator.

Grammar police on your title

I’ve been asking for people’s source on the whole “Forge and Breakout maps won’t count towards the 21” statement people have been saying as fact. Every time I asked, nobody replied with a quote/source. So that was my first sign to not expect much. The second sign is the fact that we’re 2 weeks away, we’d have seen more than just 9 of the 21 maps by now, if there was more to show.

So I think the fault lies within the people drawing their own conclusions without an actual source stating that Forge and Breakout maps wouldn’t add to that count…

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.</mark>

EDIT
I guess no one likes criticism on this forum

> 2533274874192460;4:
> Guess you’re going to keep making threads all day…
>
> You read what you wanted to read without looking at any other possibilities which caused you to believe something that was never confirmed and in doing so you mislead yourself not them.

Oh no you’re deeply mistaken, i saw a catch to it from a mile away. I’m talking about the average gamer would be ‘tricked’ (using that word lightly) into thinking they’re would be 14 actual new ARENA maps, it’s not fair and it’s almost false advertisement (imo). Just providing constructive criticism on how 343i can improve their PR and communication.

They gave us what they said they would 6 warzone and 14+arena maps.
They never said that forge or remix maps wouldnt count.

> 2533274874123128;11:
> > 2533274872459107;6:
> > > 2533274874123128;2:
> > > > 2533274872459107;1:
> > > > Hear is my constructive criticism on what 343i should do when it comes to not misleading people for advertisement purposes.
> > >
> > >
> > > Saw your last post, I see what you did there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
> > > But yeah, it’s kind of cheap of them to actually count forge and forged maps into total maps.
> >
> >
> > Just providing valuable constructive criticism for 343i. and them counting forge/breakout maps as actual fully fledged maps is very misleading to most gamers who see things like ‘20 maps at launch, 14 arena maps etc’.
>
>
> Yup.

> 2533274821033065;8:
> Honestly who really cares? I’m just glad we’re getting more than 10. All people do is complain. Just Stop Already!

YEAH! Who cares about getting proper maps in a multiplayer game am I rite? I HATE VARIATY

> 2653906923292722;10:
> I’ve been asking for people’s source on the whole “Forge and Breakout maps won’t count towards the 21” statement people have been saying as fact. Every time I asked, nobody replied with a quote/source. So that was my first sign to not expect much. The second sign is the fact that we’re 2 weeks away, we’d have seen more than just 9 of the 21 maps by now, if there was more to show.
>
> So I think the fault lies within the people drawing their own conclusions without an actual source stating that Forge and Breakout maps wouldn’t add to that count…

I think the fault lies with 343i unclear communication, seemingly failed to note that forge maps also count towards the map count. Why is it so difficult for them to be straight-forward and clear?

> 2533274819030629;3:
> I am starting to worry a bit. I thought we were getting 21 maps at launch. Now we’re getting 8. Content seems to be lacking more and more as the game approaches and it scares me. I will remain positive however because I do not have the game in my hand yet and am still excited.

they never said once that the 21 maps are arena maps, the rest are warzone maps, and the remix of midship was basically an entirely different map… there will be more map verity in halo 5 at launch then any other halo game before it, as well as 18 FREE MAPS coming as DLC.

also for those complaining about forge maps I have two questions for you.

1. Have you played the forge map “The Cage”? that map was awesome and probably the best map in halo reach IMO.
  2. Have you seen the possibilities of this version of forge? I bet the forge maps created by the creators of forge/professional game developers are going to be on Par with the non forge maps in most respects (other then maybe artistically since they have a more limited pallet).

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274874123128;11:
> EDIT
> I guess no one likes criticism on this forum

Well we are on a forum solely dedicated to Halo, of course you’re going to run into super defensive fanboys, i wouldn’t expect any less. The general consensus on these forums seems to be everything is perfectly fine and 343i knows what they’re doing (lol)

> 2741700308869377;16:
> > 2533274819030629;3:
> > I am starting to worry a bit. I thought we were getting 21 maps at launch. Now we’re getting 8. Content seems to be lacking more and more as the game approaches and it scares me. I will remain positive however because I do not have the game in my hand yet and am still excited.
>
>
> 1) Have you played the forge map “The Cage”? that map was awesome and probably the best map in halo reach IMO.

Wow
I hated Cage in Reach, Jetpacks broke that map big time

> 2533274872459107;12:
> > 2533274874192460;4:
> > Guess you’re going to keep making threads all day…
> >
> > You read what you wanted to read without looking at any other possibilities which caused you to believe something that was never confirmed and in doing so you mislead yourself not them.
>
>
> Oh no you’re deeply mistaken, i saw a catch to it from a mile away. I’m talking about the average gamer would be ‘tricked’ (using that word lightly) into thinking they’re would be 14 actual new ARENA maps, it’s not fair and it’s almost false advertisement (imo). Just providing constructive criticism on how 343i can improve their PR and communication.

They never said forge and breakout maps wouldn’t count, no one has provided any sort of source for that claim. As for the 21 maps at launch they did not lie here is the list

1. escape from arc: war zone
  2. raid on apex 7 : war zone
  3. stormbreaker: war zone
  4. dispatch: warzone assault
  5. array: warzone assault
  6. summit: war zone assault

Arena/breakout maps

1. gambol
  2. trident
  3. coliseum
    4)eden
    5)plaza
    6)empire
  4. the rig
  5. truth
  6. fathom
    10)regret
  7. trench
    12)crossfire
  8. altitude
    14)orion
  9. Pegasus.

Those total up to 21 multiplayer maps at launch. Like I said previously people took what the devs did not confirm themselves as fact and mislead themselves… the devs never said 21 arena maps, they never said breakout maps wouldn’t count, they never said forge maps wouldn’t count.

> 2741700308869377;16:
> > 2533274819030629;3:
> > I am starting to worry a bit. I thought we were getting 21 maps at launch. Now we’re getting 8. Content seems to be lacking more and more as the game approaches and it scares me. I will remain positive however because I do not have the game in my hand yet and am still excited.
>
>
> they never said once that the 21 maps are arena maps, the rest are warzone maps, and the remix of midship was basically an entirely different map… there will be more map verity in halo 5 at launch then any other halo game before it, as well as 18 FREE MAPS coming as DLC.
>
> also for those complaining about forge maps I have two questions for you.
> 1) Have you played the forge map “The Cage”? that map was awesome and probably the best map in halo reach IMO.
> 2) Have you seen the possibilities of this version of forge? I bet the forge maps created by the creators of forge/professional game developers are going to be on Par with the non forge maps in most respects (other then maybe artistically since they have a more limited pallet).

LOL that map was atrocious, by far one of the worst maps in Halo