The Real Issue - Ranking/DC/Game Crashes

I’d like to believe I speak for a large portion of the top tier community when I write this message, as I have heard the same thing being told to me in many different ways by many different teams and players.

The loss of the top competitive teams and players isnt due largely to balancing issue. It is due to ranking issues. Many of us who hated season 5 were still willing to play or even wait it out. The issue that drives us away is ranking. Numerous times this season I cant catch a solid team, largely due to either fear of a disconnect or crash, or lack of having a solid team to run with as many players have stopped playing.

With the discounts on Xbox the game has gotten many new players, aswell as lost many old players. The game grows boring. I myself have spent hours playing 1 point gain games just to end up having a teammate dc, or game crash. Numerous times I have had my entire teams game crash all at the exact same time the exact same way.

When you cant catch a good team, your set in games that only give you one point. Not 3 points, not 5 points, 1. On season release I had a streak of 6 hours that resulted in less then 20 points.

There is more reason to not play and wait to catch a team and get a win and get 30/50 points then there is to play game after game, adding on the chance for a disconnect to lose a guranteed 50/60 points.

The ranking system places players at different tiers, 1500, 1600, 1700. If your in the ladder of the two, you can find yourself unable to really move up unless you catch a high csr/mmr team game after game, and frankly there isnt enough of them on anymore.

If 343 is going to place players in onyx based on prior season skills, it needs to place them all in the same tier of onyx. Especially when the season before is a broken one.

You are asking to much out of top tier teams and we are getting nothing out of it, which normally would simply be rank progression.

This is what is driving away the competitive teams, not balancing issues. We dont get any info surrounding why these crashes are happening or why the dcs have spikes this season. With the assumption it wasnt like this in season 4, I imagine something new is causing it.

Why are we limited to getting 1 point a game, even against 50’s but that arent well known or have been around, but should we happen to get caught offguarx or we play random all (again because no teams are on and no fear of being sniped and have to be ready) to have some fun, and we get caught we lose 30 games worth of points. Or we get a dc, or a game crash, and lose 60 of these bs games worth of points.

Set a minimum cap of points you can gain from a win. 5 would suffice. Even freaking 3 or 4. But 1? That becomes pointless to play unless a solid team is on. One game against then is worth more then a day of grinding if I cant catch a team and I am risking DC.

Update us on these DC issues and Game crashes. Are they being looked into? Is 343 aware of how consistent it is? Can they come up with something to determine a real DC/Game Crash from something that a user purposely does so we can lower the loss amount from it without giving any way for players to abuse it??

Make is so if there is a dc or game crash, you losr what you would have lost if you didnt dc or game crash, not a predetermined 50/60 points for something out of our control. Why should I lose an extra 20/40 points because of these issues? Why would I want to keep playing when the only chance of
moving is when I have to snipe a top team or I get 1 point games and a 6 hour grind for no gain but risk of a dc.

This is whats driving most of us away. This is what will continue to drive most of us away, especially as more sales hit and more new players come in and the more skilled players dip one by one.

I am certainly not a top tier player… far from, actually. But, I believe these issues affect most players.

In ranked 2’s, I’ve gone 33-1 this season. I’m currently ranked Diamond IV. I can’t even imagine how many wins I’ll have to get to get into Onyx or Champion. And, it’s not that I was playing poor players, my partner and I played many strong teams. The strongest team being Rip -Yoink- and Zexion. I’m sure you’re aware of who they are.

It’s very irritating having to grind out wins and see very little progress, then lose one game and lose most of that work.

The disconnects are entirely another issue. Losing progress for something one can’t control may be the most infuriating thing ever. Not to mention, how much progress you lose for a disconnect…

Great post all round. Very well said. Thank you for your thoughts.

> 2533274869891714;2:
> …

Thank you for your reply. Goes to show it effects everyone.

> 2533274863483546;1:
> I’d like to believe I speak for a large portion of the top tier community when I write this message, as I have heard the same thing being told to me in many different ways by many different teams and players.
>
> The loss of the top competitive teams and players isnt due largely to balancing issue. It is due to ranking issues. Many of us who hated season 5 were still willing to play or even wait it out. The issue that drives us away is ranking. Numerous times this season I cant catch a solid team, largely due to either fear of a disconnect or crash, or lack of having a solid team to run with as many players have stopped playing.
>
> With the discounts on Xbox the game has gotten many new players, aswell as lost many old players. The game grows boring. I myself have spent hours playing 1 point gain games just to end up having a teammate dc, or game crash. Numerous times I have had my entire teams game crash all at the exact same time the exact same way.
>
> When you cant catch a good team, your set in games that only give you one point. Not 3 points, not 5 points, 1. On season release I had a streak of 6 hours that resulted in less then 20 points.
>
> There is more reason to not play and wait to catch a team and get a win and get 30/50 points then there is to play game after game, adding on the chance for a disconnect to lose a guranteed 50/60 points.
>
> The ranking system places players at different tiers, 1500, 1600, 1700. If your in the ladder of the two, you can find yourself unable to really move up unless you catch a high csr/mmr team game after game, and frankly there isnt enough of them on anymore.
>
> If 343 is going to place players in onyx based on prior season skills, it needs to place them all in the same tier of onyx. Especially when the season before is a broken one.
>
> You are asking to much out of top tier teams and we are getting nothing out of it, which normally would simply be rank progression.
>
> This is what is driving away the competitive teams, not balancing issues. We dont get any info surrounding why these crashes are happening or why the dcs have spikes this season. With the assumption it wasnt like this in season 4, I imagine something new is causing it.
>
> Why are we limited to getting 1 point a game, even against 50’s but that arent well known or have been around, but should we happen to get caught offguarx or we play random all (again because no teams are on and no fear of being sniped and have to be ready) to have some fun, and we get caught we lose 30 games worth of points. Or we get a dc, or a game crash, and lose 60 of these bs games worth of points.
>
> Set a minimum cap of points you can gain from a win. 5 would suffice. Even freaking 3 or 4. But 1? That becomes pointless to play unless a solid team is on. One game against then is worth more then a day of grinding if I cant catch a team and I am risking DC.
>
> Update us on these DC issues and Game crashes. Are they being looked into? Is 343 aware of how consistent it is? Can they come up with something to determine a real DC/Game Crash from something that a user purposely does so we can lower the loss amount from it without giving any way for players to abuse it??
>
> Make is so if there is a dc or game crash, you losr what you would have lost if you didnt dc or game crash, not a predetermined 50/60 points for something out of our control. Why should I lose an extra 20/40 points because of these issues? Why would I want to keep playing when the only chance of
> moving is when I have to snipe a top team or I get 1 point games and a 6 hour grind for no gain but risk of a dc.
>
> This is whats driving most of us away. This is what will continue to drive most of us away, especially as more sales hit and more new players come in and the more skilled players dip one by one.

While I personally think balance has a lot to do with it as well, you are absolutely right. After grinding from 1700 to 1784 over 20+ games of 1 to 8 points (mostly 1s), I got a hard crash disconnect and lost 64. Not worth playing ranked currently.

Good thoughts my man, my team and I are having the same issues we can’t even play ranked this season because every time we start a match we disconnect pretty much immediately. Honestly I’m not sure how anyone can have an opinion of balance this season I haven’t got to play a real game in a couple nights (kind of a joke but not really.) I’ve had a lot of disconnects

> 2533274808003246;5:
> …
>
>
> > 2535447531087970;4:
> > > 2533274863483546;1:
> > >

Thank you guys for the additional information and supporting quotes. Hopeful to get this more views.

I quit halo wars :slight_smile:

Make sure that when you DC you restart you xbox. An insider has told me that they have found disconnects to string together!

The disconnects are out of control. I have DC’d from 12 ranked games so far this season.

It’s absurd because when you disconnect you lose 60+ points.

Win 3 games: go up 50%
One desync: go down 80%

-Yoink- this.

Yep unstable…:rage:

> 2533274949244778;7:
> I quit halo wars :slight_smile:

> 2533274931153795;9:
> The disconnects are out of control. I have DC’d from 12 ranked games so far this season.

Glad for the posts! Maybe itll shine some light on it!

> 2533274859121701;8:
> Make sure that when you DC you restart you xbox. An insider has told me that they have found disconnects to string together!

Doesnt help with the game crashes though!! Good info all around

6 Disconnects this season alone. I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t 50 - 60 points each time…

the 2 thing that most infuriate me are these.

play 20 games gain 20car all 1 point games. play 1 top teir team and lose, turns out there boosting so you lose 30 they gain 20 even though the 2 players being boosted are ranked higher its just that the new account has no mmr. this alone has caused me to not wana play spacemans team or el hecho team both are boosters but still really good teams. what sucks even more is if lets say you win, those 2 high level players lose like 10 csr you gain 20 so there not even deranking right…such a joke

my 2nd thing is out of aync sisconnects. this has been here says day 1 launch, use to be way worse but its gotten better but still a ongoing issue. why are we penalized for a game error 343 refuses to fix. i think i speak for everyone when i say “remove this unfair penalty”.

1 other thing, these 1 csr matches need to turn into 10 csr matches, would be really nice if playing pleb teams all day would award higher csr. maybe these so called top teamd would stop boosting or dodging searches. just a idea

In this last week I’ve had more disconnects than I have ever playing this game I think. The thing is I don’t even know if I’m being penalised or what, as when I can actually look at my service record some do not appear to count as loses but is that the service record being buggy or what? Considering that hasn’t been working. In the last 20 games I’ve disconnected 8 times and had 4 were a team mate does (I only play with friends so I can hear them in the party f’ing and blinding when it happens). You can imagine how angry I get now when it happens. I’ve managed to practically wipe out any progress I made in 3v3’s going from Diamond 5 to Diamond 1 thanks to it. 2v2’s I’ve lost a few and had that effect my rank. Tried 1v1’s yesterday to see if that’s any better first game I crash in the loading screen. I just gave up at that point and turned the game off. What’s worse is half the 3v3’s I’ve dropped from it’s pretty much a sure win for our team but with me dropping out they go on to lose. Not only am I effecting my own progress but I’m impacting others now.

Why is there no communication about this? Do the devs know how much instability this patch introduced? Feels like it could be another season to sit out but even then I can’t play team war consistently either.

So much information from everyone and I thank you for sharing your stories and showing the support this thread needs.

Same here… I don’t really care about csr and I’m at a low level. Since the Yap I’ve had very frequent disconnects, as well as the game suddenly dashboarding. Mostly it happens to teammates (the dreaded “player is in trouble”). If a player drops I ask the player why and usually get a message back saying it was the sync problem.
Also, it happens in all game modes, ranked/unranked/ai, though I’ve not had it yet in blitz (hardly play it I must admit).
I hope this gets resolved, my guess is that it is about a third of the games I play.

> 2533274792362811;18:
> Same here… I don’t really care about csr and I’m at a low level. Since the Yap I’ve had very frequent disconnects, as well as the game suddenly dashboarding. Mostly it happens to teammates (the dreaded “player is in trouble”). If a player drops I ask the player why and usually get a message back saying it was the sync problem.
> Also, it happens in all game modes, ranked/unranked/ai, though I’ve not had it yet in blitz (hardly play it I must admit).
> I hope this gets resolved, my guess is that it is about a third of the games I play.

I think it could very well relate to yap yap. Thanks for sharing

I have done my placements, disconnect from three of them, once they sort out disconnects I may return, but till then I am out pointless playing