The real Halo player...

For those of you who read the last one I am addressing the issue of what the post was meant to address. If you missed the last one look it up. The title is the same.

My opinion is simple… If you understand marketing than you get the first people to pick up a game and embrace it while spreading the work about it are your most important. I believe this segment is simply the elite gamers. This means that if you want the game to be incredibly successful than all you have to do is focus on catering to this segment. Where we lead all the others will follow.

As for the causual non skilled players… we don’t want to play you and you don’t want to play us. Simple right? thats why the ranking system was invented. They broke this system in Reach because I play with people that I shouldn’t all the time. On my team or otherwise I don’t want you in the game with me. I enjoy solid competition.

Signed

SaiNts

So you’re saying skilled players should never play with “non-skilled” players? I think that sometimes it can give the “non-skilled” a place to learn. How do you become the best? By observing and learning from the best.

I wouldnt say that but If your trying to say your a veteran Halo Player then your not alone because I am 1 to. Check my profile if you dont believe me. I want the game to be a success to and that means No AAs and Bloom. And I support the 1-50 ranking system because I enjoy solid competition.

> I wouldnt say that but If your trying to say your a veteran Halo Player then your not alone because I am 1 to. Check my profile if you dont believe me. I want the game to be a success to and that means No AAs and Bloom. And I support the 1-50 ranking system because I enjoy solid competition.

How old are you then? If you’re a “veteran”.

> > I wouldnt say that but If your trying to say your a veteran Halo Player then your not alone because I am 1 to. Check my profile if you dont believe me. I want the game to be a success to and that means No AAs and Bloom. And I support the 1-50 ranking system because I enjoy solid competition.
>
> How old are you then? If you’re a “veteran”.

> > > I wouldnt say that but If your trying to say your a veteran Halo Player then your not alone because I am 1 to. Check my profile if you dont believe me. I want the game to be a success to and that means No AAs and Bloom. And I support the 1-50 ranking system because I enjoy solid competition.
> >
> > How old are you then? If you’re a “veteran”.
>
> 18

I don’t remeber who said this but one from either Bungie or 343 said that it’s good that they are remaking the first Halo since most of the people playing Halo are 15 and that they got the change to play the first… I’m 15 and played since the first.

> > > > I wouldnt say that but If your trying to say your a veteran Halo Player then your not alone because I am 1 to. Check my profile if you dont believe me. I want the game to be a success to and that means No AAs and Bloom. And I support the 1-50 ranking system because I enjoy solid competition.
> > >
> > > How old are you then? If you’re a “veteran”.
> >
> > 18
>
> I don’t remeber who said this but one from either Bungie or 343 said that it’s good that they are remaking the first Halo since most of the people playing Halo are 15 and that they got the change to play the first… I’m 15 and played since the first.

I’m 17 and CE was the first Halo I played, although the details were fuzzy, I think I also started playing Halo 2 shortly after.

> > > > > I wouldnt say that but If your trying to say your a veteran Halo Player then your not alone because I am 1 to. Check my profile if you dont believe me. I want the game to be a success to and that means No AAs and Bloom. And I support the 1-50 ranking system because I enjoy solid competition.
> > > >
> > > > How old are you then? If you’re a “veteran”.
> > >
> > > 18
> >
> > I don’t remeber who said this but one from either Bungie or 343 said that it’s good that they are remaking the first Halo since most of the people playing Halo are 15 and that they got the change to play the first… I’m 15 and played since the first.
>
> I’m 17 and CE was the first Halo I played, although the details were fuzzy, I think I also started playing Halo 2 shortly after.

I played Halo first at my friend’s birthday party, I played it often at his house, then when Halo 2 came out i bougth it, then Halo 3, then i bougth Halo 1 so i could play it again:)

I actually don’t mind being against players that are better than me sometimes. It even teaches me a couple of things occasionally. But on to the topic of the ranking system, just because it isn’t visible any more, doesn’t mean it’s not still there. Halo Reach still uses the TrueSkill system that Halo 3 had, it’s just not visible. And yes, I too have noticed that it doesn’t work as well as Halo 3’s. But I think this is because Reach doesn’t have as much players as it used to. I even went back to Halo 3 a couple of weeks back and believe me, it has the same problem now.