The real Halo Player

I have been thinking long and hard as to what should be said for a new company taking over Halo. WE ARE READY FOR CHANGE AND A COMPANY SMART ENOUGH AND NOT STUBBORN TO LISTEN TO ITS GAMERS!!!

For now I will talk about Reach…

What needs to be fixed?

• More than one ranked play list
  • Objective ranked?
  • Jet pack gone? (O please I am tired at looking for flying things)
  • Bloom Gone? (This might be asking too much)

In all reality we all know that Bungie completely failed with this game because they didn’t listen to what their customers want. They made a game that they wanted to make and challenged what they thought they could do.

Up for debate

I believe that 343 should be looking for the people that made Halo what it is today. If it weren’t for the pro gamers that adopted Halo 1 and turned the attention to the game Halo probably would be what it is today. Bungie always completely ignored the pro gamer segment and only catered to the more vocal (whiners) people.

I believe that where the pros go all others will follow and that is my opinion. Many of the elite community have expressed complete hatred for Reach including myself.

Bring on the flame!

Signed

SaiNts

I agree with you, the competitve community has always been pretty much ignored with Halo after Halo CE(Hey we HAD 1-50!) and especially Reach, but dont plan on things changing in this new gaming market. Its a shame too, because Halo could be a great competitve game, but it doesnt seem like they care about furthering that side of the game and as a result alot of the competitve fanbase has left the Halo series. Instead of adding depth they add gimmicks =(

I am ready for people to understand. The real Halo player plays multiplayer for fun and respects the great story line. Not focus on the game they are playing’s flaws. Sure, people play Halo competitively. Who is to say Reach isnt? I sure think its more difficult than Halo 3, since you need to master armor abilities and the counters.

What made Halo today was the fun, the challenge, and the great story. Bungie didnt make a beta just so people can buy Reach. Many changes were done, and once the game was released they did not own the game Halo anymore so they couldnt do anything, no matter what the community said.

Enjoy the game. Keep it clean.

> I believe that 343 should be looking for the people that made Halo what it is today. If it weren’t for the pro gamers that adopted Halo 1 and turned the attention to the game Halo probably would be what it is today.

That made me chuckle.

> Bungie always completely ignored the pro gamer segment and only catered to the more vocal (whiners) people.

Vocal (whiners) people, AKA the general masses.

> I am ready for people to understand. The real Halo player plays multiplayer for fun and respects the great story line. Not focus on the game they are playing’s flaws. Sure, people play Halo competitively. Who is to say Reach isnt? I sure think its more difficult than Halo 3, since you need to master armor abilities and the counters.
>
> What made Halo today was the fun, the challenge, and the great story. Bungie didnt make a beta for no reason. Many changes were done, and once the game was released they did not own the game Halo anymore so they couldnt do anything, no matter what the community said.
>
> Enjoy the game. Keep it clean.

Countering reusable gimmicks is not competitve sorry. Neither is players having different advantages/disadvantages off spawn instead of an even playing field. Halo as a class-based FPS or whatever AA’s make it, is pretty horrible from a competitve standpoint. Theres a reason why the more competitve playlists barely break 1500+ and Infection is one of the most played playlists in Reach. Thats right, Zombies is supporting reach’s population lol.

They’re not gimmicks. Its Halo. Spartans had these types of abilities, and they can use as many as they want when they wanted if they had the right gear. For the sake of the game, you could only use one with a very short time limit. If you dont like it, then either dont play it or rip off your LB. These annoying posts are everywhere. Many people are moving to these forums to get away from all this talk.
Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean everyone does.

I do remember in a Halo 2 ViDoc where Bungie developers jokingly talked about how the standard of audio in AAA Development was always on the back end- back burner and least prioritized. When Bungie/MS launched Halo in 2001 with new Xbox platform they completely demolished -evaporated- the mold and set an industry standard. The best part about this is that it wasn’t just the audio which catapulted Halo into Culture. It was also the gameplay.

I see Core Gaming, Competitive Gaming, and more specifically professional gaming in this age of game development in the same way. The last reserve in the production value or even put on the chopping blocks. It’s the little things which make a great competitive game, and even the little things are mostly the first to go if a game needs to be shipped. Halo combat evolved does contradict this, and is why it is always brought up within competitive gaming.

I’m looking forward to the day when the AAA FPS Game development project breaks the mold and innovates its way to the top with centric, balanced, and skilled gameplay across all of its suite of features and not just the small percentage of the community. That small percentage are what keeps the game going, be it modding the game engine to continue its life spam or squeezing every bit of play out of the game. At the end of the day these are the gamers that play the game exactly for what it is - the game. Dedication and loyalty to a game’s franchise goes hand in hand with core gamers - the competitive gamers - the gamer who want to make the most out of the game they love spending so much time in.

After reading so many of these threads about the same redundant topic I am totally convinced that the meaning is sincere. Core Gamers are the foundation up and not the other way around. Which is exactly why over time social gaming became a sub industry of game biz in its own right. It’s Not always the attitude in which competitive gamers bring upon themselves and most of it is outspoken, inflated false claims, but within that are truths. I will always be a Halo fan and love it for its franchise and rich universe. I am hoping nothing but good for Halo 4. I’m even dreaming that the Halo Reach TU to spank the standard and raise the bar of innovation just what Halo is known for. I do know that Halo is more than a game and I also believe that the Halo Game should always be king in its own brand.

Ignored the Pro Gamer segment???
Yeah sure they just based their entire matchmaking on the wants and needs of one of the biggest online gaming leagues going MLG.
I am right in thinking that MLG have their own playlist don’t they.

The whiners need to be listened to. Or as someone else pointed out the general masses.

> Ignored the Pro Gamer segment???
> Yeah sure they just based their entire matchmaking on the wants and needs of one of the biggest online gaming leagues going MLG.
> I am right in thinking that MLG have their own playlist don’t they.
>
> The whiners need to be listened to. Or as someone else pointed out the general masses.

Selective Feedback.

People as a whole are stupid. Individually they are smart.

Profit.

There’s you a riddle young gun :slight_smile:

> > Ignored the Pro Gamer segment???
> > Yeah sure they just based their entire matchmaking on the wants and needs of one of the biggest online gaming leagues going MLG.
> > I am right in thinking that MLG have their own playlist don’t they.
> >
> > The whiners need to be listened to. Or as someone else pointed out the general masses.
>
> Selective Feedback.
>
> People as a whole are stupid. Individually they are smart.
>
> Profit.
>
> –
>
> There’s you a riddle young gun :slight_smile:

What?

From the second I saw the title of this thread, I knew I would be offended.

Halo’s player base is too large and too diverse to make the statement: “This is what the Real Halo Player is…”

As far as this thread goes… Bungie has supported MLG for too long without getting anything but grief in return.

They gave them playlist support and maintence, and all they get in return from those guys is: “Whaaaaaaaa, your game sux, ur nades r nukes, ur bloom ruined the last decade of my life”.

Please. Had I spent years of my life building the culmination of the game I invented 10 years ago, and you came back to me with that… I would tell you to go to hell too.

MLG and TryHards need to respect, and play, they don’t need to be whinny little jerks.

It’s 343’s game. They can make whatever they want as long as they’re satisfied with it. The halo community is probably one of the most hypocritical communities going. They want change yet complain about the slightest difference.

343, here’s my two cents: make the game you want. As long as you’re happy, you know it’ll be a great game.